• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

ChrisD

Decided to take that grassy shortcut at the end of Wild Woods without a Shroom. Lightning hits me as I approach the grass. Must be for all the times I've been Star'd when Lightning strikes.

Roo

I was literally inches away from the platform when that blue shell hit me. I lost some precious seconds getting my ass on track again.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I just spent who knows how long testing acceleration tiers in 200cc because some random guy on the internet said they were fixed for 200cc (and only 200cc).

Every test I did concluded that he was right.

I should really trust random guys on the internet more.

Also you guys should inform me of things like this D:

Fuck, seriously?

Wow, I'd better look into other builds then. That changes a lot.

Boney

Banned
Who threw that boomerang at the end!!!!!

Man I'm starting to really feel 200cc, I get murdered but I'm doing the drifts so good

Boney

Banned
Got hit by the fire spike ball combo in the first and third lap damn
Also didn't even catch you when the blue hit roo, stop haxing

Azure J

I hate you so much Azure.

Stupid bomb

That's what you get for shit talking someone down on his luck. I don't say shit to anyone and then I have to put up with being both Mario Kart 8's bitch and the community's chew toy... FOH. :lol

Also, you guys SURE this isn't Frantic?

ChrisD

Oh hey, but really quick, what's a good Bike build? I'd like to give them a fair shake since I've... actually, I've never used Bikes in MK8. Maybe experimenting with them in 200cc isn't the best idea.

Fuck, seriously?

Wow, I'd better look into other builds then. That changes a lot.
They did do something smart though. The difference between 1.5 and 1.75 isn't that big, but still appreciable. But the difference between 1.75 and 2.0 is pretty big. So 5.75 speed with workable accel for Normal items is still a pipe dream.

There doesn't seem to be a linear formula or anything from my observations. I think that what they did was just take the accel tier system and make a new tier for each value. Which is why the difference between 4.0 and 4.25 is small enough for me to do be like "lolwut" but most of the differences below that are like "Yep, every point counts."

And guys, please keep in mind that heavyweights are still capped at 3.0 handling for outerdrift and 3.25 for innerdrift and cruisers are only 0.5 better. And handling really matters now. And the tiers benefited the fastest characters more than anybody else come on guys.

Azure J

So based on your findings PreyingShark, I'm probably using the fastest, highest acceleration combination possible for this character.

So based on your findings PreyingShark, I'm probably using the fastest, highest acceleration combination possible for this character.
For inner drift and Rosalina, probably. The one thing I can conclude is that if you're choosing between 4.25 accel w/ accel glider and 4.0 with the super glider you should go probably go with the super glider. But if it's 3.75 and 4.0, for example, use the accel glider.

This new system was seriously pulled out of somebody's ass lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's what you get for shit talking someone down on his luck. I don't say shit to anyone and then I have to put up with being both Mario Kart 8's bitch and the community's chew toy... FOH. :lol

Also, you guys SURE this isn't Frantic?

I think they tweaked the normal items a little. I wasn't getting nearly as many coins and even got red shells in first semi often, and it seemed to have more bullet bills and shit.

Top Bottom