• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Azuran

Banned
Fighting through all of the crazy bullshit in this Frantic ass Not Frantic room is cool. It's Mario Kart, some of this shit is going to happen.

Learning a new speed tier is great, the pace is incredible and it feels great when you get the hang of things.

Then in the craziest match thus far, I'm finally getting it. Shaky beginnings become a more solid ending and through some really clutch bullshit, I'm put at the last 300 meter stretch fucking hopping off road covered in ink and at every disadvantage possible while right there neck and neck with you unarmed trying to eek out a win. I turn the corner damn near hoping to make miracles happen and I am greeted with the single most disrespectful action another human being could do. Something so vile in its simplicity and simultaneously Mario Kart™ I'm caught between laughing and rolling over defeated.

You threw your shell backwards at the finish line.

A fucking red shell.

The only thing you had the entirety of the last third of the race. Of course, this also leads to every savage in the room force fucking me over right there on the finish line because "hey, rag doll!"

Why do I even try? It's like a modern tale of Sisyphus except it's 12:32AM and I'm here wondering what the hell I've been doing with my life the last few hours that this got me that heated.

O1554Jv.gif

I've been playing MK8 with Roo from day one and learned really early if he has anything throwable expect it to be in your face. I blame myself now... or god.

Roo

Fighting through all of the crazy bullshit in this Frantic ass Not Frantic room is cool. It's Mario Kart, some of this shit is going to happen.

Learning a new speed tier is great, the pace is incredible and it feels great when you get the hang of things.

Then in the craziest match thus far, I'm finally getting it. Shaky beginnings become a more solid ending and through some really clutch bullshit, I'm put at the last 300 meter stretch fucking hopping off road covered in ink and at every disadvantage possible while right there neck and neck with you unarmed trying to eek out a win. I turn the corner damn near hoping to make miracles happen and I am greeted with the single most disrespectful action another human being could do. Something so vile in its simplicity and simultaneously Mario Kart™ I'm caught between laughing and rolling over defeated.

You threw your shell backwards at the finish line.

A fucking red shell.

The only thing you had the entirety of the last third of the race. Of course, this also leads to every savage in the room force fucking me over right there on the finish line because "hey, rag doll!"

Why do I even try? It's like a modern tale of Sisyphus except it's 12:32AM and I'm here wondering what the hell I've been doing with my life the last few hours that this got me that heated.

I see. I'm really sorry tho
Throwing shit backwards at the finish line is a nasty habit I've had since probably Double Dash or even before that. I won't change that tho :p
I've learn that you NEVER take the "safe/obvious" path in the last stretch of the final lap. Just don't.
Maybe next time :D

Edit; basically what Greg said lol

Boney

Banned
Fem villagers are vicious

Did great though, really nailed the curves there

And yeah, one should throw everything backwards at the finish line and revel at the chaos

ffdgh

So uhh ....this patch has another few changes. Just read online that they finally fixed the acceleration tiers for 200cc like firehiopping and...they did o_O

Boney

Banned
So uhh ....this patch has another few changes. Just read online that they finally fixed the acceleration tiers for 200cc like firehiopping and...they did o_O
Yep was mentioned, but is it only for 200cc or for 4.0, including 150 now?

You're gonna have to help me with another car set then! Maybe!

Sorry about sweet sweet canyon!

Roo

So you're saying they only bothered to fix 200cc but they didn't touch 150?
#mariokartteam

Yeah, Shark dropped that bomb on us earlier today. It's going to completely change everything and I have no idea how I'll ever get used to that level of freedom :D

Yeah we went over that a few pages ago. Isn't it cool?

EDIT: Yeah guys it's not for 150cc, I even used 150cc to make sure I was testing things correctly. lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The glider segment slows down just enough so that the red shell hitting me made me fall into the abyss. Fuuuuck.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wonder if we'll see any more DLC for MK8.

Yeah 150 is the exact same. 200cc best mode forever.

Sorry for being late lol.
No problemo

I really like Yoshi/Bone Rattler/AC wheels/Cloud Glider. Unlike the Bone Rattler combo I used earlier, this one can actually turn worth a damn.

You got one of those stat calculator thingies? Wanna screw around even though I can't play right now.

Azure J

guys. pls don't do that. It's rude.

Nah, it's cool. Honestly, I'm just sitting here wondering why I didn't think he had anything or why I thought I could come from directly behind like that.

It was a total lapse in judgement combined with a real desire to just edge out over him. I honestly don't know how Tier 1 KartGAF does this stuff, but fuck if you don't get a little satisfied pulling out wins like that and push a little harder. :lol

Now if you'll excuse me...

i0MU5k53uC9d4.png

Dad

I have zero clue how I got first one Mount Wario. I had fucking bananas for that giant slaughter at the end

Boney

Banned
Oh my god, I had done the perfect ribbon race, was third and first and I was super close, and fucked up at the last blue part and then got hit by a bullet bill ;_;

Azuran

Banned
I am fucking done.

I'm tired of everyone getting bullshit bills and lightnings while I get nothing but bloopers and golden fucking mushrooms all the time.

Enforced

Nah, it's cool. Honestly, I'm just sitting here wondering why I didn't think he had anything or why I thought I could come from directly behind like that.

It was a total lapse in judgement combined with a real desire to just edge out over him. I honestly don't know how Tier 1 KartGAF does this stuff, but fuck if you don't get a little satisfied pulling out wins like that and push a little harder. :lol

Now if you'll excuse me...

i0MU5k53uC9d4.png
lol I was talking to the people who raced with me.

Boney

Banned
Ok I'm out that boomerang made me super salty Icana

Great games everyone! I feel I really started to get a grasp of things later. Need to remember the new tracks now, don't do tricks and brake when appropriate

Burning Justice

the superior princess
No problemo

I really like Yoshi/Bone Rattler/AC wheels/Cloud Glider. Unlike the Bone Rattler combo I used earlier, this one can actually turn worth a damn.

Yeah, I'm using a similar combo (except with FemVillager instead of Yoshi), and I really like it. Tried a few other Bone Rattler combos earlier before settling on this one.

Top Bottom