• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martial Arts movie star Jim Kelly passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/sad-news-martial-arts-legend-jim-kelly-dies

xnH7u71.jpg

Ron Van Cleif posted the news on his facebook;

"GRANDMASTER JIM KELLY has passed away. He was the pioneer in Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand. Starred in major motion pictures. Jim and Bruce are probably sparring and or grappling right now. We are losing our masters, champions and teachers of the martial arts. Jim was a good man and an extraordinary martial artist..thank you for being a beacon in the sky. Thank you my friend. Ron"

It has since been confirmed by Jim's ex wife.

Ah man, real sad to hear this. Loved Jim in 'Enter the Dragon' and 'Black Belt Jones'

Gonna have to rewatch some of his films in honour. I'll add them to the pile of Lau Kar-Leung films I had planned to watch after he passed last week :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTdjG6Xo9A

Carnby

Not Dragon Fly Jones! I have yet to see that movie, but it looks hilarious.

Edit: LOL. I meant Black Belt Jones. The other is a Martin Lawerence character about a broke ass karate instructor.

RIP.

I loved watching this cat he was too entertaining. And the tropes alone this man helped originate. The last I saw of him was the deleted scenes in undercover brother.

Shiv47

Had him sign my Enter the Dragon Blu-ray at a con a couple or so years ago. Just a cool, very nice guy. RIP

RIP he had the best one liners in Enter the Dragon.

"Man, you come right out of a comic book."

"Ghettoes are the same all over the world. They stink."

Damn, I clicked this assuming I wouldn't know him, but god damn he was great in Enter the Dragon. I always get pissed that he gets killed off (with his dead body displayed if I am remembering right..?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom