• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s “Kraven” Goes R & Footage Shown

bitbydeath

I’m down, bout time we got something a bit different.

Confirmed to be Rated R (Sony’s first R-rated Marvel film), those in attendance seem to think it earns that rating as the footage is described as bloody, violent and ferocious.
In the clip, Kraven (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) is shown stopping a caravan of poachers and quickly killing all six of them. One scene sees him biting one man’s face spitting out part of his skin to the camera. Another has him using bear traps to ensnare enemies, and there’s a lot of “stabbing” according to another.
The clip also revealed that the classic Spider-Man villain The Rhino will be in the feature with someone saying: “Don’t you want to know why they call me The Rhino” whilst transforming into the character via a serum (as opposed to an exosuit).
Taylor-Johnson is also confirmed to have Kraven’s trademark fur lion’s head jacket but he’s not actually wearing it in the scenes. In the comics, the character is a big-game hunter who goes after Spider-Man.
https://www.darkhorizons.com/marvels-kraven-goes-r-footage-shown/

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

StueyDuck

Eh... I mean are we not over childish violence + boobies and swears means good movie yet.

I'd rather these studios try to really make something truly special rather than give some CGI guy 4 months of extra work to make blood and guts look real.

The dark knight was violent without barely showing any of it on camera and it made the movie better for it 🤷‍♂️. I guess we'll see how this ends up being but reading the description it just sounds like "R rating" like how the shite Harley Quinn movie was "R rated". Biting noses off and spitting at the camera... aaah ok

StueyDuck

images

Dark Knight was kinda shit though, aside from Heath Ledger’s performance.
I mean if it's some Netflix garbage then sure.

But if I'm paying movie tickets to see something at the cinema I want it to be good and not just edge lord stuff.

Plus let's be honest, superhero content needs to be shaken up a bit. And you do that with good stories

bitbydeath

I mean if it's some Netflix garbage then sure.

But if I'm paying movie tickets to see something at the cinema I want it to be good and not just edge lord stuff.

Plus let's be honest, superhero content needs to be shaken up a bit. And you do that with good stories
Would you consider Terminator, Predator or Die Hard to be edge lord stuff because they contain violence and swearing?

They wouldn’t be anywhere near as good without it.

StueyDuck

Would you consider Terminator, Predator or Die Hard to be edge lord stuff because they contain violence and swearing?

They wouldn’t be anywhere near as good without it.

there's a difference between those movies and modern day R-ratings.

they used the R-rating properly in those days, plus prosthetics and puppetry was expensive so they couldn't just do any old shit, modern era R-rated things is designed for stupid people to keep their subscriptions going.

bitbydeath

they used the R-rating properly in those days, plus prosthetics and puppetry was expensive so they couldn't just do any old shit, modern era R-rated things is designed for stupid people to keep their subscriptions going.
The point was violence and swearing aren’t edge lord as you had previously stated. They contribute to a movie, and in most cases make them better.

FunkMiller

I had hoped we'd grown out of the edgelord, Snyder-like 'let's make it violent and adult' attitude towards making comic book movies, but it would appear not. This'll be another one to add to the Morbius pile.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
These Sony Marvel movies have been horrendous, so even this doesn't give me hope.

But now I say that, and
I hope
I hope it will be good

Kraven is my favorite Spidey villain so I'm looking forward to finally seeing him in live-action. The movie will probably suck but an R rating ensures that it'll be an appropriately bloody affair, at least.

FeralEcho

While i do agree with the first part in that i'd always take practical effects over cgi I don't think nowadays r rated movies are designed for stupid people.There are r rated movies with heart and in the superhero genre even.Stuff like Logan or Deadpool are very good movies with actual stories to tell and great effects for blood and gore that enhance the experience.

Top Bottom