• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Phase V Revelead

Nico_D

I find it strange how two not that accomplished writers got to write Daredevil which may be one of the most wanted series and has the Netflix run follow.

Sure, they may be great writers and the show may turn up brilliant. But a risky move.

sol_bad

I find it strange how two not that accomplished writers got to write Daredevil which may be one of the most wanted series and has the Netflix run follow.

Sure, they may be great writers and the show may turn up brilliant. But a risky move.

Marvel are always hiring unknown talent, it's extremely common for them to do so.

MastaKiiLA

Looks like it has a little bit of something for everyone. I do think these denser phases run the risk of creating fatigue and burnout. The first 3 phases spanned 11 years. The next 3 will span just 4. It feels like the same quantity of content, but shoehorned into a tighter schedule, and involving longer episodic content. I don't want to commit my life to the MCU. I want to pop in an out of a couple movies each year, and revel in the developments. But Disney seems intent on overdoing it, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep up.

I hate to be that South Park episode where Stan is saying everything is shit, but this really is.

They have a chance to save themselves with x-men and fantastic 4, but let's go with this bullshit instead.

We already know what the insanely profitable audience is, let's ignore that and target Muslim women, bravo

BTW can't wait for pg 13 blade and daredevil

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I know most people lap this shit up and are getting real hard, but I'm really struggling to get enthusiastic about these announcements. I'm pretty much done with this connected universe stuff

I'm looking forward to Blade and that's about it. Even then I'm worried Disney are going to make a toned down and tame Blade.

sol_bad

I hate to be that South Park episode where Stan is saying everything is shit, but this really is.

They have a chance to save themselves with x-men and fantastic 4, but let's go with this bullshit instead.

We already know what the insanely profitable audience is, let's ignore that and target Muslim women, bravo

BTW can't wait for pg 13 blade and daredevil

They don't need to save themselves from anything. Many people are overselling the doom and gloom of phase 4. Plenty of people shitted on Iron Man 2, Captain America 1, Iron Man 3, Thor Dark World, Age of Ultron, Homecoming, Captain Marvel and Far From Home over the years.

I can admit the TV shows haven't been perfect but the movie side has been on fire.

Last edited:
Lmao
They don't need to save themselves from anything. Many people are overselling the doom and gloom of phase 4. Plenty of people shitted on Iron Man 2, Captain America 1, Iron Man 3, Thor Dark World, Age of Ultron, Homecoming, Captain Marvel and Far From Home over the years.

I can admit the TV shows haven't been perfect but the movie side has been on fire.
You're ignoring the fact that some of those properties can slide because of their history

Let's be real, a bad iron man movie isn't the same as a bad eternals

And don't get me started on the shows, and I think you know that

sol_bad

Lmao

You're ignoring the fact that some of those properties can slide because of their history

Let's be real, a bad iron man movie isn't the same as a bad eternals

And don't get me started on the shows, and I think you know that

WandaVision and Ms. Marvel are great.
FatWS, Loki and Moonknight are good.
Hawkeye is average.

pramod

Banned
I'm confused. Are we supposed to get excited over a bunch of C-list charaters like Antman, Agatha, Blade, Ms. Marvel, Falcon/Fake Cap, She-Hulk and Daredevil?

And how do u go from no more Avengers -> a bunch of disjointed films -> Avengers: Secret Wars?

Is Secret Wars going to be a 4 hour movie where the first 2 hours are just Fake Cap or Dr. Strange reforming the Avengers?

Last edited:
I'm confused. Are we supposed to get excited over a bunch of C-list charaters like Antman, Agatha, Blade, Ms. Marvel, Falcon/Fake Cap, She-Hulk and Daredevil?

And how do u go from no more Avengers -> a bunch of disjointed films -> Avengers: Secret Wars?

Is Secret Wars going to be a 4 hour movie where the first 2 hours are just Fake Cap or Dr. Strange reforming the Avengers?
Multiverse bro, they can now walk back any plot holes as they bide time until fantastic 4 and xmen

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I knew these phases had a theme: the multiverse saga. Teased in Endgame

I know no one is looking forward to it (no one on this board anyway...) But I'm hyped about Echo! A deaf superhero!

I just hope they SHOW her signing and STAY on her signing like they did with Makkari in Eternals.

You hearing folks don't care but us deafies do! We're visual and not all of us read English (the captioning). So sign is how we know what is being said. Otherwise, we try to keep up with visual cues like body language, facial expressions and actions taken.

Edit: first the Infinity Saga, now the multiverse saga... I wonder what's AFTER phase 6

Last edited:

Leopold

Guess I will just stream most of these. I don't really get excited with Marvel stuff anymore. Daredevil will surely be less violent than it was, Wakanda's trailer was fine but I won't go to the movies to watch it. GotG 3 will be surely great, as 2 was at best eh. The rest do not really move me. MCU became super formulaic.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I knew these phases had a theme: the multiverse saga. Teased in Endgame

I know no one is looking forward to it (no one on this board anyway...) But I'm hyped about Echo! A deaf superhero!

I just hope they SHOW her signing and STAY on her signing like they did with Makkari in Eternals.

You hearing folks don't care but us deafies do! We're visual and not all of us read English (the captioning). So sign is how we know what is being said. Otherwise, we try to keep up with visual cues like body language, facial expressions and actions taken.

Edit: first the Infinity Saga, now the multiverse saga... I wonder what's AFTER phase 6

War of the Realms

Why would they walk anything back?
Seriously?

The entire idea of the multiverse means nothing matters anymore, if (insert hero or villain) dies, they have a get out of jail free card, it certainly creates some cool opportunities don't get me wrong, but it's much more likely to be a gateway to lazy writing

bitbydeath

It’s a shame they can’t do an Avengers movie every phase to make things more interesting, most of these i’ll catch on streaming, I’m looking forward to Guardians and that’s about it.

Von Hugh

Gold Member
Avengers: Secret Wars and Avengers: The Kang Dynasty

These titles sound like direct to video animated films instead of full feature live action films. Silly names.

sol_bad

Seriously?

The entire idea of the multiverse means nothing matters anymore, if (insert hero or villain) dies, they have a get out of jail free card, it certainly creates some cool opportunities don't get me wrong, but it's much more likely to be a gateway to lazy writing

But what makes you think they'll use it?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

…although Marvel once again making DC look like absolute fucking chumps.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I've been pretty disqppointed with the current phase.

The only things I have really liked/loved were Strange 2 and Moon Knight.

Loki was bad in many ways, mostly how bad the writing was, no momentum, making the actual protagonist an extra.

Falcon and Winter Soldier. Ugh. I like Stan but the other one is not exactly my favorite. And again, stupid writing: Sam catching the truck with his non-existent super powers. He should've been crushed between the wings and the truck.

WandaVision was almost great but then they had to make it Agatha prequel instead of study of sorrow. Hated it in the end.

Spiderman. Besides not liking Holland, again with the bad and childish writing. Incoherent story, a structural mess. I'm probably the only one thinking this tho.

Shang-Chi was really good until halfway or 2/3. Then it was just cgi monsters fighting. Boring and soulless.

Kagey K

Banned
It’s the over saturation that’s killed it for me. It’s all just a never ending soup of the same stuff. Recycled storylines, character beats, visual cues.
I was a big fan of the comics, and I could deal with some bastardization of the source material, but they have just gone sideways with it, on top of it not being very good.

It's just at the point now where it's too much and none of it is great.

ManaByte

Seriously?

Read Hickman's Avengers run and you'll see how they're using the Multiverse.

r8c0ywwuano31.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm not ready to see the last movie of Guardians of the Galaxy tbh.

Besides that, Blade, Loki and Daredevil for me.

All the rest I'll watch but I'm not hyped about it.

Last edited:

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus

As a 90's comic reader, most of the Avengers were b-tier at best so I'm not worried. Hell, Ironman was b-tier till MCU.

Avengers: Secret Wars and Avengers: The Kang Dynasty

These titles sound like direct to video animated films instead of full feature live action films. Silly names.

Secret Wars (both runs) are lynchpin Marvel events on the same level as The Infinity Gauntlet. As for The Kang Dynasty considering just what and who that implies, I would just wait and see my friend.

Infinity War and Endgame are weightless titles if you have no context as well.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Marvel is staying sharp super hero movies are more important today than over in terms of making cash, plus all of DC’s offerings this is the best time to be a movie watcher. Every week from now to 2050 they’ll be a marvel or dc trailer, rumor, interview etc. so greatful to be alive for these super heroes shifting the Hollywood industry.
Season 21 Wow GIF by The Voice
Praise The Lord Applause GIF
Praise The Lord Jesus GIF by XIID
Praise Him Jesus Christ GIF by ODE Willie's Funky Bunch

Looks like a solid lineup but nothing I'm particularly looking forward to besides GOTG 3. Guardians are still my favorite 2 films from the lot produced so far.
I'm not going to lie though I'll watch them all through Library/Free month of Disney+ or buying used for cheap off ebay.

What a clusterfuck. Dozens of TV shows and movies featuring 100+ characters, and you have to watch and care about every single one of them because they might turn out important in the future. It's obviously not for me, but can you imagine trying to get into this fandom now? What a mess.

Top Bottom