• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Phase V Revelead

ManaByte

Phase 6 is the end, right?
Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yea just like Endgame was the end.

Tams

Look at that! She is better than the Hulk at pretty much everything...😎🤦‍♂️
Yeah, that's turning me off it already. I'd get being more flexible, etc., but why seemingly everything but in experience? Well, we know why.

The only thing that might get me to watch it was Wong turning up.

Trogdor1123

Yeah, that's turning me off it already. I'd get being more flexible, etc., but why seemingly everything but in experience? Well, we know why.

The only thing that might get me to watch it was Wong turning up.
I actually saw it as him holding back and her trying hard and having less control. Show still looks fun. Wong makes everything better too

RAÏSanÏa

Broadway Hulks in next Hawkeye should do this scene

Some arguments never end. Oh the punishments of Lethe and the anima animus.

WandaVision and Ms. Marvel are great.
FatWS, Loki and Moonknight are good.
Hawkeye is average.
I really liked Hawkeye and rank it in the top. I'm looking forward to Echo. That could be fun if she's going to learn of her Native American roots and bring some of that in. Haven't read any of her comics and know only a bit from articles, but get the sense she gets tangled with Ghost Rider in the future.

Ms Marvel, Wandavision, Loki and Hawkeye were all very good. Hawkeye is the only one I watched completely twice. Loki the most single episode repeats. These had the best soundtracks. Agatha is going to be fun...
Moonknight and FatWS had too many cinematic flaws and I only liked a bit of the music. Yes, that really changes my viewing of these shows. Although I didn't like the way it was served to me I did like the additions to lore and characters. What is being prepared and served can be dished better in the future.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

The supernatural elements and behind the normal world stuff in these series is what most intrigue me and trying to find eggs in the shows that deal more with the mundane like FatWS and Hawkeye is lots of fun.
Inferring that Karli and the world was on rails from FatWS before learning of the TVA was especially satisfying.

Behind all the mentoring there's been the struggle to find out who is behind it all in the greater scheme.

Last edited:

Doom85

I need to check out Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye comic run (I believe that was the author) as apparently the show was very faithful to the fun tone of the comic. Also so then I know both versions of the story as I definitely want this Kate Bishoujo figure when it comes out:

kqbIkvr.jpg

There would have been other Bishoujo figures I’d prioritize getting first, but having Lucky the Pizza Dog won me over. I already have the Bishoujo figures of Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan and (DC) Power Girl, as well as Mass Effect’s Female Shepard and Street Fighter’s Sakura.

For me, the shows so far:

WandaVision: first 2/3 were excellent, then I felt the last act got a bit too exposition heavy. Like, I get why they had to, but it still affected the pacing
Falcon: first two episodes were just okay, got much better when Zemo joined them, and the final episode kicked all the ass
Loki: loved the set design of the HQ, Loki and Mobius worked great together, and some of the conversations were engaging. Also episode 5 (the one with all the Loki’s) was really fun. But Sylvie just did not interest me, and I just hope Season 2 focuses far more on Loki and Mobius together again.
Hawkeye: personally my favorite so far, it’s master of none as in the other shows all do one or two things better, BUT for me this is the show that never hit a speed bump, it was just an enjoyable ride all the way through.
Moon Knight: Oscar Issac and Ethan Hawke are excellent, and I dug finding out the full pieces of what was going on in the lead’s past. But goddamn this is probably the worst directed action sequences in anything MCU I’ve seen. Please get a good stunt coordinator and second unit director for Season 2 as obviously they won’t be able to rely on the “I blacked out and people are dead” shtick for too much longer

So for me, Hawkeye > Wanda/Falcon > Moon Knight > Loki, but even Loki being “lowest” I still found it to be pretty good.

Haven’t watched Ms. Marvel yet as I was waiting for all the episodes to come out but I’ve been really busy so haven’t yet had the time to sit down and binge it. Hopefully this week.

Last edited:
Regarding Daredevil Feige said "18 episode 1st season".

2 thoughts:
1) I am sure people will accept that those Marvel TV show are not canon now right? It's not a continuation of the Netflix show
2) 18 episodes for one season sounds like a lot. I think 13 episodes for the Netflix ones were stretching it and AoS with 20 episodes were way too much.

ManaByte

That *might* get an R rating, as it’s a continuation of an established franchise that kinda exists in its own insane world.

A brand new Blade is going to be PG 13 though.
Feige already said it's rated R.

“It will be rated R and we are working on a script right now, and Ryan’s overseeing a script right now…

pramod

Banned
To be honest there was nothing in the original Blade movies to warrant an R rating except for some light gore and lots of fake blood.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Aren't you guys tired?
Of what? The shows have weeks between them, if not months... The shows are also weekly, no binging like on Netflix... The movies are months apart... I have time for a show every week, and a movie every couple or few months.

You act like they're coming out every day. LoL

I'm not tired of it at all! I've been waiting on this geek stuff to be normalized like regular TV since I was a kid! Besides, there's not too many shows or movies I watch.

Last edited:

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
On a hot day like today the tears of some are electrolytes for my soul.

Since MCU Nick Fury is Samuel L Jackson does that mean out Fantastic Four will have Maker instead of OG Reed?

Maybe even Uncanny Avengers?

I'm here for all of it.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I don't know, a proper R rated blade gets me excited.

A joke filled pg-13 blade, not so much.

On the other hand they said they're done with the multiverse after phase 5??

YCoCg

Hopefully Phase 5 and 6 are tighter than Phase 4, which is weird, we've got films like No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness and yet it still feels like a bit of a jumbled mess.

sol_bad

Hopefully Phase 5 and 6 are tighter than Phase 4, which is weird, we've got films like No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness and yet it still feels like a bit of a jumbled mess.

Go back and watch phase 1-3. Majority of the films are a jumbled mess of one-off stories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom