• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

JayEH

KBrad gonna eat tonight.

sass2.png

jett

D-Member
Finally struggle-finished story mode. Mostly crap, but some of the voice acting was aight. In general, Capcom needs to stop doing this. A lot of the animation reminded me of Power Rangers. You know, this kind of exaggerated mannerisms.

powerrangers.gif

At least that dumb stuff was kinda funny. Anyway, since online is apparently dead on my end, I'm definitely having buyer's remorse. :p

HardRojo

Yooo! Holy shit I need notations for that combo.
Finally struggle-finished story mode. Mostly crap, but some of the voice acting was aight. In general, Capcom needs to stop doing this. A lot of the animation reminded me of Power Rangers. You know, this kind of exaggerated mannerisms.

powerrangers.gif

At least that dumb stuff was kinda funny. Anyway, since online is apparently dead on my end, I'm definitely having buyer's remorse. :p

I think I'll play it tonight, if only because it seems like it unlocks stages and other stuff.

Dahbomb

NWM Top 8

Winners bracket
EG|NYChrisG (Jedah, Iron Man, Space) vs. OMG Itz Andre (Captain Marvel, Chun-Li, Power?)
PG|Punk (Dante, Ultron, Reality) vs. FORT|Fortrest (Nova, Dante, Reality)

Losers bracket
TSF|PeachCola (Hawkeye, Gamora, Reality) vs. HiImNastyy (Captain America, Ultron, Mind)
BV|YLT Cole (Arthur, Dormammu, Mind/Time) vs. EG|K-Brad (Gamora, Dante, Soul)

FSLink

Banned
Not surprised people including JWong are calling for a ban of the Spidey infinite. It's a pretty stupid infinite lol

Dahbomb

Not surprised people including JWong are calling for a ban of the Spidey infinite. It's a pretty stupid infinite lol
This is good because it's going to force Capcom hand to put out a fix sooner rather than later.

All the tons of preventive mechanics in the game and there is still an infinite in the game LOL!

Of course no word from Capcom about it.

HardRojo

Yes, but your infinity storm will end.

Figured as much. Lol looking for opponents in ranked right now and can't find shit :( (I'm on PS4 btw). I wonder if it's because it's kinda late over here right now... I did find a match a while ago and it was nice to finally put to the test some of the stuff I've been messing around with. My confirms fucking suck though lol and I'm still trying to link LP after a low LK...

HardRojo

Oh god I had an 8 game streak and now I'm losing to people using autocombos and spamming moves like that shit from Captain Marvel that's like Storm's charge, and Tony's whatever beams those are he does in succession. Fuck I'm salty, Spiderman is all over the place how the fuck do I get him to calm down? Fuck...
Just took my anger out on some dude running Strange and Dante, lol his Dante was so predictable, but that Soul stone is really something, huh.
Edit: Also, it seems like I'll have to keep it basic with Ultron while online, missing several fly combos here.
What do you do against a Zero with reality stone? Dude's an invincible barrier.

Sayad

This is good because it's going to force Capcom hand to put out a fix sooner rather than later.

All the tons of preventive mechanics in the game and there is still an infinite in the game LOL!

Of course no word from Capcom about it.
Seeing it in a real tournament top 8 or final would probably do that faster than the community soft banning it.

HardRojo

I was going to go to bed at 2, but here I am one hour and a half later... salty as fuck as just wanting to kick someone's ass really hard before feeling satisfied enough to finally go to bed. I'm hate-playing right now, or something like that lol, but mostly hating myself for missing confirms and not being able to convert some stuff, also for randomly losing the match when I was winning by a landslide.

NEO0MJ

Seeing it in a real tournament top 8 or final would probably do that faster than the cummunity soft banning it.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

16BitNova

Just got this. Having a lot of trouble transitioning from Marvel 3... everything is so different now. Usually with a transition with something like Street fighter at least its always like Low, medium, heavy for punch and kicks. Now there is no launcher. Its no longer one low, medium, heavy. And these easy hypers I think are throwing me off. Whats the consensus on GAF or with pros. Are people turning off easy hypers? And what about the easy mash light combos. Are people turning those off too?

HardRojo

Fuck Dante and people who use autocombos. Dude never stops doing shit holy fuck autocombos are so stupid, Dante just keeps cancelling into more shit and I never know when it actually is my turn, this is really stupid.

NEO0MJ

Fuck Dante and people who use autocombos. Dude never stops doing shit holy fuck autocombos are so stupid, Dante just keeps cancelling into more shit and I never know when it actually is my turn, this is really stupid.

Pick Ryu and shoryuken your way out of trouble.

HardRojo

Pick Ryu and shoryuken your way out of trouble.

Ryu is really boring in this game, sticking to Ultron and Jedah for the time being, though I'm lacking a lot of stuff here like punishing with launcher and confirming from lows, I only got one reset setup after Jedah's special where he puts you in a bubble.
I got really mad when I lost against that autocombo Dante because I seriously felt like I couldn't press shit, Dante kept cancelling special into special and when I wasn't close you could clearly see the mashed LPs, I was trying to keep my distance and I'd try to dash my way in to open him up, but since he was mashing I'd get caught by a million stabs and of course, he'd turn that into a combo because autocombo... Anyway just beat someone good, which is what I wanted before going to sleep.

RANK 10

The last match was a real doozy too. Never give up. Hope you folks like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG7zqh3tKjE

Now to retire from ranked a happy man, get my platinum tomorrow.
HOLY SHIT!

Zombine

Banned
My only problem with the battle costume is he’s shirtless...why not go full Ragnarok? It’s a good look.

It's not based on that look. It's based on the cover of Secret Wars Planet Hulk with very light Thor Ragnarok elements, problem is they took half measures and it doesn't really look like anything.

Top Bottom