• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ephemeris said:
Yeah, they're really pushing it this time around. I'm certainly fine with it. Contrasts very well with my soldier-class Shepard.

Saving the galaxy with no powers.

Shepard is Batman

Lothars

I wish I had an ipod touch or an Iphone that I could go and download Mass Effect galaxy but I don't so that's the only content i won't have at the moment but I plan to eventually get it mainly just to play everything I can within the Mass Effect Universe.

Zertez

Awesome OP. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. I found answers to a couple questions I had, but was afraid to go into the hype thread in fear of spoilers. I've been on media blackout for mass effect 2.

OP, I just noticed that you wrote the information about Engineer class under infiltrator, you probably got it mixed up, just wanted to give you a heads up about it.

Nemesis_

So, is Mass Effect Galaxy a long game?

Could I invite a friend with an iPhone over, let her let me borrow it, and then just finish it in one day? =P

Swag

HK-47 said:
Which is why we arent gonna use spoiler tags and then quote the spoiler without spoiler tags?

Forgot I'm not in the hype thread anymore :lol, squad members were un-spoilered in there. My bad

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OP has a bug! You have the Engineer information where the Infiltrator information should go.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
*bails out*
peters_bail.gif

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Awesome thread, I can't wait to discuss the game when I get it but I'll probably be bailing out until the game releases and I have it in my hands.

Doodis said:
About 3 hours if I remember correctly.

That's probably the most it could take you, I think it took me around 2 hours (2-2.5) although I didn't time it exactly.

However, the game itself was only $1.00 (when I bought it) so a dollar for every 2-3 hours is a lot of game relative to full release games.

scarybore

Is it wishful thinking that this thread is causing all the 404 errors I'm getting on GAF? :D Anyway, it's really gonna suck having to wait a few more days for the UK release, the wait is killing me as it is.

Ephemeris, you mentioned someone made ME2 avatars in the Hype thread - you got any links to them? I'll add them to the media section and credit him...

As long as no one else uses my Tali pic I've had for weeks, though I've already seen one. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Great OT!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Let's see who was the most hyped in the last thread.

Damn you Ephemeris

hype_shame.jpg

Fuck yes, I'm ready to rock. I literally have zero expectations for this game, but if it's half as inventive as the first I shall love it.

Sad thing is I don't even remember what my original run's class was. It had the massively OP shield and shield charge ability, along with pistol spec, and most of the force powerups. It was the level below pure mage, I believe. I don't recognize it in any of the OP's classes either...

Also what the fuck is Mass Effect Galaxy? I loved the shit out of Dragon Age Journeys if it's similar. Didn't see anything on the me2.bioware page though.

sagat2036

WOOT game of the forever!!! Sure ive been watching a lot of streams on justin.tv but i dont think ive seen any huge spoilers.

This is why i gots an exbox!!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Skilotonn said:
Ephemeris, you mentioned someone made ME2 avatars in the Hype thread - you got any links to them? I'll add them to the media section and credit him...

Nope, but here's a hi-res pic of him, closest thing I guess: http://masseffect.bioware.com/resources/assets/universe/squad/screenshots/jacob-01-p.jpg

I don't need to guess why you want one, do I? :lol

I like the character, played a bit of mass effect galaxy and the fact there is hardly any screens or official images of him with the rest of the crew.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ZealousD said:
OP has a bug! You have the Engineer information where the Infiltrator information should go.

Yeah, Lothars shot me a PM with that little snafu - still don't know how I managed to put two different Engineer descriptions in two different places like that - but it's fixed now :)

I'll add that spoilers have to be marked in the OP, if Red Scarlet hasn't done it yet - BTW, I've kept the thread spoiler-free, since I was was avoiding everything aside from the class descriptions myself - I still haven't even watched the launch trailer yet! :lol

The squad mates I posted are the ones with reveal trailers, no one who hasn't gotten one is posted, I don't even know who they are myself yet...

Great thread! Absolutely cannot wait! Also, is it bad if I lost my old ME1 save file? I don't want to miss out on anything big with the story. (Yeah, sorry if it's been mentioned, haven't had the time to keep up on how that is being handled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom