• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maze Runner lead, Dylan O'Brien injured, production of upcoming sequel delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/maze-runner-production-delay-dylan-obrien-1201763790/

Fox has indefinitely delayed production on “The Maze Runner: The Death Cure” as star Dylan O’Brien needs more time to heal from his March 17 injuries after an on-set car accident.

“The resumption of principal photography on ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ has been further delayed to allow Dylan O’Brien more time to fully recover from his injuries,” Fox said in a statement Friday. “We wish Dylan a speedy recovery and look forward to restarting production as soon as possible.”

Production on the film was initially scheduled to resume May 9, according to a production listing in Vancouver.

“His injuries are very serious and he needs more time to recover,” said O’Brien’s publicist Jennifer Allen.

The movie — the third in the Maze Runner trilogy — has been set for a Feb, 17, 2017, release date but it may have to be pushed back due to the production delay.

O’Brien was hit by a car and suffered multiple injuries on March 17 on the set in British Columbia. The 24-year-old actor was taken to a local hospital for observation and treatment following the accident.

legacyzero

Banned
Posted earlier, but yeah. Makes me sad:(

Just watched the movies for the first time and I really like them. I hope he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom