• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Maze Runner''s Dylan O'Brien hit by car. Production halted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...severely-injured-on-set/ar-BBqCUwO?li=BBnbfcL

"Maze Runner" star Dylan O’Brien was hit by a car and suffered multiple injuries on the set of the franchise’s upcoming sequel “The Death Cure” yesterday, Variety has confirmed.

The 24-year-old actor was taken to a local hospital in British Columbia for observation and treatment following the accident.

“Production on the film will be shut down while he recovers,” a Fox spokesperson said. “Our thoughts go out to Dylan for a full and speedy recovery.”

According to TMZ, O’Brien was run over by a vehicle in a car scene gone wrong and may have suffered multiple broken bones.

Update:

O’Brien apparently fell off the back of a set that was supposed to look like the back of a train and fractured either his cheekbone or orbital socket (still not clear on the details) when he fell on his face.

studyguy

Thought most actors didn't do their own stunts. Not that stuntman getting run down is any better but still, wonder what exactly happened.

Shit, I wonder what this means for Teen Wolf too given that he is currently filming for the sixth season. I'm guessing he gets written off for a bit. Hope he recovers well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Deadline says:
O’Brien apparently fell off the back of a set that was supposed to look like the back of a train and fractured either his cheekbone or orbital socket (still not clear on the details) when he fell on his face.

Getting hit during a scene too. I saw the title and though a genuine accident in regular life but happening during filming? Someone is either getting fired or sued.

Wait so was he hit by a car or fell off a prop? Either way fuck me that sounds horrible with pain.

Senoculum

I said ouch at that last sentence. It really sucks when entire productions shut down because of horrible accidents. I hope everyone is okay.

Mikef2000

Holy SHIT

An orbital bone fracture is super painful & takes forever to heal. It's bad luck since you have to get hit in just the right spot for it to happen

Not only that, but it can also change significantly your appearance. Just look at what happened to Anquan Boldin after he broke his face. Mark Hamill is another example.

Trike

Ryan Reynolds was also hit by a car during the production of Deadpool in Vancouver. I know it would be fucked up, but I kinda hope it is the same guy.

Wow heres to a good recovery. Scary.

Ryan Reynolds was also hit by a car during the production of Deadpool in Vancouver. I know it would be fucked up, but I kinda hope it is the same guy.
post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

GavinUK86

I wonder if it was moving or stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom