• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's tests preservative free McNuggets, which shouldn't matter to informed ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...t-preservatives/ar-BBskzcx?ocid=ansmsnmoney11
The world's biggest hamburger chain says it began testing the new recipe in about 140 stores in Oregon and Washington in March.

It's the latest move by McDonald's to step up the quality of its food as it works to stage a turnaround of its business, which has lost customers in recent years. The company has conceded that it failed to keep up with changing tastes and that it is looking at improving core menu items. Last week, it also said it is testing a version of its Big Mac that comes with bigger patties.

McDonald's did not provide details on what exactly is different about the new McNugget recipe, but said it is "simpler" and "parents can feel good" about it. It said was getting feedback from customers with the test, and did not say when it planned to launch the new recipe nationally.
The bold sounds exactly like what I expected to hear from a move catering to natural foods enthusiasts.

McD just reported record numbers last week, their second rising quarter in a row since adding all day breakfast.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
They're frozen from factory to deep fryer, so why would they even need so many preservatives?

If you're taking your kids to McDonalds and expecting something organic and free range or WTF ever then I don't think you understand what McDonalds is.

mrkgoo

I'm willing to bet this "alternative" option costs more, too.

Probably does. Preservatives exist because they are cheap and prolong storage of food, saving a lot in costs - more bulk supply and processing, less time and shipping, less wastage and so on. The cost/benefit ratio is favourable for fast food places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom