• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McGreevey: I'm staying bitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/20/nyregion/20jersey.html?pagewanted=print&position=

Mr. McGreevey's aides said he was determined to remain in office until his self-imposed resignation date of Nov. 15, and Democratic leaders said it appeared that the governor's supporters had gone on the offensive against those who are seeking to force him to leave sooner. The leaders cited a WCBS-TV Channel 2 news report as a sign that the governor's office was fighting back.

On Wednesday, six days after Mr. McGreevey said he would resign because of an extramarital affair with another man, Channel 2 reported that an unnamed administration official was warning United States Representative Robert Menendez to stop criticizing Mr. McGreevey because Mr. Menendez himself had engaged in an affair. The official cited in the Channel 2 report accused Mr. Menendez of setting the woman up in business and referring clients to her.

By mid-afternoon on Thursday, Mr. Menendez, who had been pressing behind the scenes all week for Mr. McGreevey's immediate resignation, released a brief statement saying that he would support Mr. McGreevey's decision to remain in office until Nov. 15 and avoid a special election. "It is time for us to work collaboratively in order to continue to pursue the best interest of the state during this time of transition," Mr. Menendez said.

Prospero

With Corzine saying yesterday that he didn't want to run in a special election anyway, the NJ Dems didn't have much of a game plan anyway.

Ripclawe

Banned
Prospero said:
With Corzine saying yesterday that he didn't want to run in a special election anyway, the NJ Dems didn't have much of a game plan anyway.

I'm impressed that Mcgreevey is taking on the NJ bosses and winning so far.

I feel so bad for his family. I can only imagine what his wife is feeling not to mention how the kids are dealing with it. But one thing we learned from Clinton is that extramarital affairs are AOK, everything can be worked out and a loving relationship can still endure. :lol

Teh Hamburglar said:
I feel so bad for his family. I can only imagine what his wife is feeling not to mention how the kids are dealing with it. But one thing we learned from Clinton is that extramarital affairs are AOK, everything can be worked out and a loving relationship can still endure. :lol

it's true for a lot of marriages. it all depends on the people and how much they care about one another. but dont expect mcgreevy to all of a sudden get divorced and move to the village or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom