• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor: Airborne GS/EB preorder bonuses

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Shipping on August 30, PC buyers of the game will get a free copy of Battlefield 2, which is a nice deal for anyone who doesn't have that since that's a great game. 360 buyers get 400 free Microsoft points to spend on whatever, perhaps an Allied leaders picture pack. Not sure if these are Gamestop/EB only or universal.

Yes, it's an EA game and a WW2 game which is two strikes for most people, but the latest media looked really good and it has a novel twist, billed as a "non-linear sandbox style FPS" so no lame scripted events. Plus there hasn't been a really good new gen WW2 game since CoD2 way back with the 360 launch in 2005.

But the PS3 version has no bonuses and has been delayed until October 2nd per Gamestop. Bummer for PS3-only types but this way they'll have something to play when Halo 3 comes out.

Gamespot *just* mentioned in an article that MoH Airborne PS3 is coming out in November.
WTF? This was my next game purchase and I was planning on getting it day one on August 6th. But now? I don't know... there are wayyyy too many games coming out at the end of the year. Did they really want to go head to head with Brothers in Arms (assuming that is still a November release).
Not only that, I thought the PS3 version was the lead SKU? Then why the massive delay? Ugh.
I think the game looks great and I really want to play it but this could have made it a day one purchase to a wait for price drop game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
360 buyers get 400 free Microsoft points to spend on whatever, perhaps an Allied leaders picture pack.

360 users are totally gonna use those free points to buy gamerpics.

bengraven

I'm going to use my 400 points to buy consumables, like the Old Spice Presents A Medpack.

No, wait, I'm not going to buy this game.

YYZ

Guileless said:
But the PS3 version has no bonuses and has been delayed until October 2nd per Gamestop. Bummer for PS3-only types but this way they'll have something to play when Halo 3 comes out.
There will be plenty to play this fall on the PS3, including shooters so no worries!

Top Bottom