• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 18 - 24 Dec

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
To be fair, Blue Dragon added 30% more to the 360 userbase in to weeks. I wouldn't expect to see that big of a jump in major releases with that kind of an increase (on such a small userbase, at that).

My point is that there's no jump at all. If people all start buying Xbox360 hardware for single games and no other games after that, that's definitely not a good thing.

Aadil

Banned
19. Pokemon Battle Revolution
20. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
21. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Reported to have sold ~50k each.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Oblivion said:
What the hell. Seriously, what the hell?! It's gonna be a millionaire soon. Seems Nintendo revitalized the Kirby franchise.
Dude, Kirby is a huge franchise in Japan. Iirc the last major GBA version sold more than 900k there. But Kirby DS will easily outsell it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
starship said:
Dude, Kirby is a huge franchise in Japan. Iirc the last major GBA version sold more than 900k there. But Kirby DS will easily outsell it.

Wow, are you serious? I really thought it was like a 400-500k franchise. How much did CC sell?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
duckroll said:
My point is that there's no jump at all. If people all start buying Xbox360 hardware for single games and no other games after that, that's definitely not a good thing.

*rain starts*

Haunted

starship said:
Lost Planet wasn't as popular as Blue Dragon which is a major JRPG.
I said this in the last week thread that LP has almost no effect on 360 sales. It's not a system seller at all.
:( - it's all brand/name awareness.

People see Toryama and Sakaguchi on a game and it moves a lot of systems (for 360jp standards). Slap a Gundam sticker on LP and it sells double or triple its current amount.

Jammy said:
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
should have known. :)

Overall great sales, but still: Nintendo owning 80% of the jp market with all the competitors out = utter insanity.

On a more lighthearted note: did the Wii kill off the DS-Pac-Man again? :D

Jammy

Banned
Oblivion said:
Can we have past Kirby sales to compare please, someone?

You might hate VGCharts, but the proportions for game sales should be just about the same. I also find the numbers to be fairly accurate, if a bit high by several thousand.

Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS) - 344,500
Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS) - 761,250
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - 914,750
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA) - 763,000

starship

I just noticed Brain Training at #22 just behind Zelda, it seems this game will join 3 million sellers club this week (next MC chart) if not already.
So now DS has five 3 million sellers:
Pokemon
NSMB
Brain Training 2
Animal Crossing WW
Brain Training

Its impressive considering DS is just a 2 year old handheld. :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Jammy said:
You might hate VGCharts, but the proportions for game sales should be just about the same. I also find the numbers to be fairly accurate, if a bit high by several thousand.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - 914,750
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror- 763,000

And remember, CC sales were when the DS was still competing with the PSP.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Sales a year ago.

1. Kingdom Hearts II 727.591 727.591
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World 416.132 1.177.108
3. Mario Kart DS 302.742 667.799
4. Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 216.966 216.966
5. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Rescue Force 157.786 511.704
6. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Red Rescue Force 156.430 512.054
7. Tamagotchi no PuchiPuchi Omisecchi 156.181 721.104
8. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence 103.894 103.894
9. Mario Party 7 100.130 319.650
10. Brain Training 93.240 1.004.681

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78587

Haunted

Jammy said:
You might hate this site, but the proportions for game sales should be just about the same. I also find the numbers to be fairly accurate, if a bit high by several thousand.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - 914,750
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror- 763,000

If it has decent legs, Squeak Squad is assured to destroy Nightmare in Dreamland sales-wise.

ivysaur12

Banned
duderon said:
Sales a year ago.

1. Kingdom Hearts II 727.591 727.591
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World 416.132 1.177.108
3. Mario Kart DS 302.742 667.799
4. Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 216.966 216.966
5. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Rescue Force 157.786 511.704
6. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Red Rescue Force 156.430 512.054
7. Tamagotchi no PuchiPuchi Omisecchi 156.181 721.104
8. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence 103.894 103.894
9. Mario Party 7 100.130 319.650
10. Brain Training 93.240 1.004.681

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78587

Awww, look... Animal Crossing broke its first million!

AniHawk said:
That was a LONG time ago.

Japan was pretty exciting pre-Nintendogs. Now it's the same thing... every week.

starship

AniHawk said:
Pokemon PD should hit 4.5m easily by the end of the year (er, this week). Not bad for a first year.
Its already at 4.26m and we have another 2 big weeks, this week (next MC chart) and the first week of January which is very big in Japan.
Imo it'll reach 5m mark by first week of January.

Haunted

ivysaur12 said:
Awww, look... Animal Crossing broke its first million!

Japan was pretty exciting pre-Nintendogs. Now it's the same thing... every week.

Japan is handheld country now. I still hope that the Wii and the PS3 can shake things up a little bit in the future though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jammy said:

Hmm, that's quite impressive. Now Zelda (and I'm talking about Zelda in general) is behind Kirby as well in Japan. That's gotta hurt!

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
I think that seems to be the general feeling at this stage, but it's building up a pretty good reputation as a machine for hardcore gamers. I know that's not going to win the sales charts, but it makes it an appealing platform for some developers. The lack of brand power MS has over here is really obvious now, but they can't afford to withdraw effort or the JP publishers will drop support immediately.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Good sales for MGSPO and ToW. Now give us ToW in the west Sca...err Namco!

Lost Planet sales are a bit disappointing though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'd be very surprised to see MGS:pO get over 400k in sales.... PSP games don't seem to have any legs whatsoever, although it being the holiday season may give MGS:pO a little boost.

o_O @ Kirby

Last week with 108,237 Wiis sold, there were 69,923 Wii Sports sold, or 1.55:1. The week before, with 85,439 Wiis sold, there were 72,382 Wii Sports sold, or 1.18:1. If this week's ratio is at all similar, that would make for 180K-236K Wiis.

methane47

Jonnyram said:
I think that seems to be the general feeling at this stage, but it's building up a pretty good reputation as a machine for hardcore gamers. I know that's not going to win the sales charts, but it makes it an appealing platform for some developers. The lack of brand power MS has over here is really obvious now, but they can't afford to withdraw effort or the JP publishers will drop support immediately.

:D :D :D

I hope you're not talking about the same people that released this commecial in the country?

DooDOO DOOOO

Hardcore if you mean a couple sissy boys playing on garbage cans in a street... thats exactly what i think of

donny2112

Derps said:
PSP's making a comeback

As I said in a previous Media-Create thread, it depends on your definition of a "comeback."

Will the PSP see an increase in sales around New Year's like every other system in Japan? Yes.
Will it make up any ground on the DS (i.e. "come back")? Heck, no.

jko

Jammy said:

let's hope Kirby don't turn into the Castlevanias of Japan.

Jiggy

ivysaur12 said:
Japan was pretty exciting pre-Nintendogs.
Every week DS and its 2D gaming continue to maim the various ill-begotten philosophies of next-gen/current-gen is exciting to me. :D

jko said:
let's hope Kirby don't turn into the Castlevanias of Japan.
I'm not seeing why that would be a bad thing.

Oblivion said:
What the hell. Seriously, what the hell?! It's gonna be a millionaire soon. Seems Nintendo revitalized the Kirby franchise.

Seriously, I'm used to Kirby being on Nintendo's sales B-team with Samus and Donkey Kong.

The people want that long lost GameCube Kirby on the Wii, Nintendo. Make it happen.

So what would you expect the best selling Wii 3rd party game would be at now? I'm just interested, Zelda also? Are there any new Wii games coming out in japan in the next months or so that could sell decently?

jko

Jiggy37 said:
I'm not seeing why that would be a bad thing.
well just the fact that the quality of the games have been going downhill since CotM for the GBA. not saying they're BAD games, just for the sake of rushing out sequels, they're neglecting the overall quality of the games.

Brak

APerfectCircle said:
So what would you expect the best selling Wii 3rd party game would be at now? I'm just interested, Zelda also? Are there any new Wii games coming out in japan in the next months or so that could sell decently?
Super Swing Golf Pangya should be the top 3rd party game @35K-50K. Zelda should be at 240K-260K.

New games, off the top of my head, Dragon Quest: Swords and Fire Emblem should be out soon.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
BrodiemanTTR said:
Seriously, I'm used to Kirby being on Nintendo's sales B-team with Samus and Donkey Kong.

The people want that long lost GameCube Kirby on the Wii, Nintendo. Make it happen.
The people want Kirby Super Star 2 for the Wii. Make it happen.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
jko said:
well just the fact that the quality of the games have been going downhill since CotM for the GBA. not saying they're BAD games, just for the sake of rushing out sequels, they're neglecting the overall quality of the games.

You know, I actually agree with you on this point. Castlevania games are always solid, but SoTN and CoTM were just a cut above the rest.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Every week DS and its 2D gaming continue to maim the various ill-begotten philosophies of next-gen/current-gen is exciting to me. :D

That reminds me, I really want Reverent Wings... (basically 2D)

I just noticed something. When is Yoshi's Island DS coming out in Japan? It is unusual for Nintendo to release a game in America/Europe first. I guess they want to save something for the first quarter in Japan on the DS. Actually, what is coming out in the first quarter for the DS in Japan?

Top Bottom