• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 25/12 - 31/12

justchris

soundwave05 said:
Sing Star and party games in general tend to really fly in Europe. Nintend should look into making Wii Soccer (as a standalone game) ... something that has real teams and a 4-player (or even 8 player mode), but is easy enough to play for anyone.

Nintendo has Mario Strikers Charged coming sometime this year, with online play available. It's not simulation soccer by any means, that'll have to wait for Winning Eleven, but I guarantee you it'll sell well in EU if it's done right.

The Wii selling so well is no surprise. Nintendo has always been dominant in the market that is into "intuitiveness" and a "fun experience." Honestly, I'm extremely impressed by the PS3's performance. Sony's coming into this fun- and intuitiveness- seeking market with a completely different philosophy and still managed to sell some units. Nintendo owns this "people just having a ball" market, yet Sony is not getting completely trampled in it. It's amazing what this $600 vundermachine has achieved.

creamsugar

More MC number 12.25~12.31

DS
MKDS 30,000 1,906,000 
Tales of Tempest 4,200 148,000
FF3 14000 938,000

Wii
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Namco Bandai Games) 7,100 39,000 (Top 1 in 3rd Party)
Bleach 6,400 2,5000
Elebits 4,800 3,2000
Super Swing Golf 4,400  (I don't know total number)

lo zaffo

Jammy said:
Wii Sports and Wii Play should each cross a million within the next month or so. That's amazing. And it's also really good to see Wii's third party games not doing horribly bad. DBZ: BT2 sold nearly half the amount that PS3's biggest sellers have sold, not to mention it's basically a port and has last generation assets. I can't wait to see what games like DQSwords pull in.

Also, speaking about million-sellers, Kirby: Squeak Squad, Love and Berry DS Collection, and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker all should reach that mark fairly soon. Amazing.
I agree with You, on the other hand Dragon Quest Sword seems the only flag title Wii has in its pipeline. That's poor.

creamsugar said:

Wii
Bleach 6,400 2,5000
Elebits 4,800 3,2000
So regarding 3rd party sales, The new DBZ would become the best selling 3rd party wii game if the sinobi stuff is correct?. Red steel did pretty bad aswell if i rem. Would these companies be worried about these sales? or are they just quick ports to fill up the launch period? If the DQ game does well it could be a real boost for 3rd party games on the system. Could be simular to the DS, S-E cashing in the best of the 3rd parties(DQ, FF:CC).

R0nn

Battersea Power Station said:
The Wii selling so well is no surprise. Nintendo has always been dominant in the market that is into "intuitiveness" and a "fun experience." Honestly, I'm extremely impressed by the PS3's performance. Sony's coming into this fun- and intuitiveness- seeking market with a completely different philosophy and still managed to sell some units. Nintendo owns this "people just having a ball" market, yet Sony is not getting completely trampled in it. It's amazing what this $600 vundermachine has achieved.

Wait, what? You make it sound like the PS1 and PS2 never existed. :lol

Saoh

yeah, thread ruined!

bailout.jpg

On neoplay, for the 1-7 January week, Famitsu puts ToW RM at 33k for 160k LTD. Quite good, but I suspect they are catching up the wide difference they had with Media Create numbers.

Quite good week for everyone except PS3. PSP with that 120k is going to come near 5m soon, although I'll take a while with slower weeks to come, I think around Monster Hunter Portable 2 it could hit 5m.

I still worry about its software lineup (now more since I'm a psp owner too), outside already mentioned MH and FF7CC, its quite empty. I specially dislike how SCEJ completely ignores PSP. Where is Minna no Golf Portable 2 with GPS features, where is Gran Turismo, where is the PSP Store?. I already get a redesign is coming really soon seeing the RUSHED COLOR VARIATIONS in almost no time. Same happened with DS fat. But Nintendo, you know, put games to sell those colors..

ethelred

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
On neoplay, for the 1-7 January week, Famitsu puts ToW RM at 33k for 160k LTD. Quite good, but I suspect they are catching up the wide difference they had with Media Create numbers.

Nice either way, though. Radiant Mythology is breezing past Tempest with ease.

Neoplay puts DQM: Joker at 880,000... not bad at all. Anime Theme said it might make it to a million. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Battersea Power Station said:

8.8/10

creamsugar said:

DS
MKDS 30,000 1,906,000 
Tales of Tempest 4,200 148,000
FF3 14000 938,000

Wii
Bleach 6,400 2,5000
Elebits 4,800 3,2000

FF3 should reach 1 million by mid February

ethelred said:
Nice either way, though. Radiant Mythology is breezing past Tempest with ease.

Neoplay puts DQM: Joker at 880,000... not bad at all. Anime Theme said it might make it to a million. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

I think 1 million is pretty much a sure banker for Joker.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
How many people predicted FFIII would reach 2 million anyway? Seriously... Bebpo, jett, and Anime Theme act like FFIII bombed and use it as an excuse to underrate sales of other DS games.

I think the only thing getting in the way of Joker hitting the million mark is stock. I heard it's sold out completely, so I hope it gets restocked soon enough as that was what made (or rather is making) FFIII's trek to the million mark so long.

And it's pretty funny that these people are ignoring that factor.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AnimeTheme said:
OMG LOL you do care a lot about what I said and you keep on quoting them wherever applicable :lol My honor?

Because the prediction itself was ridiculous and when people make ridiculous predictions, they don't live them down and need to be made to eat crow. :)

Stumpokapow said:
Because the prediction itself was ridiculous and when people make ridiculous predictions, they don't live them down and need to be made to eat crow. :)

Being so serious about a casual "prediction" by a random poster is even more ridiculous :lol

ethelred

jj984jj said:
How many people predicted FFIII would reach 2 million anyway? Seriously... Bebpo, jett, and Anime Theme act like FFIII bombed and use it as an excuse to underrate sales of other DS games.

Pretty much.

Even if all of Japan collectively decided it no longer wants FF3, and not a single additional copy is sold, it doesn't really matter. Whether it's at 930,000 or 1,000,000 is all academic -- Square Enix has already expressed nothing but ecstatic happiness over the sales, and it was still the #3 selling RPG in 2003 no matter how you slice it.

AnimeTheme said:
OMG LOL you do care a lot about what I said and you keep on quoting them wherever applicable :lol My honor?

If it makes you feel any better, it's nothing personal. I can remember virtually everything people say. It's not about you. :)

Stumpokapow said:

Yes, that too.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Some good FFIII predictions :D

on the low side
PhoenixDark said:
150,000 (week)
200,000 (month)
500,000 (year)

And someone will blame Brain Training 3

he's probably in character but :lol

Stopsign said:
1st Week - 269,962
1st Month - 509,342
1st Year - 590,094

I'm being negative right now, as I have had a long day. I'm guessing it will get to atleast 800,000 and stop. Now we need predictions on Mushiking 2 DS and Tamagotchi 2. 500,000 anyone?

Greenpanda said:
What the heck, why not throw my hat in?

First week: 280k
First month: 400k
Year: 600k

spot on

neo2046 said:
first week - 300k ~ 350k
first month - 600k ~ 700k
end of the Year - 800k ~ 900k

Frankfurter said:
A remake on a handheld selling more than the main series on PS2? Highly unlikely imo...

I'll say sth. along these lines:

First week: ~300k
First month: ~600k
First year: ~900k
Lifetime: ~1m

PantherLotus said:
First week: 365,000
Month: 520,000
End of the year: 875,000
Lifetime: 1.6 mill

Don't know about lifetime, but very close to the rest.

apujanata said:
First week: 350K
First four weeks: 600K
End of the year: 900K

a little overzealous..

Bo130 said:
First week: 700k
First month: 1200k (we're not talking by the end of august here, are we?)
End of year: 1600k

donny2112 said:
Assuming Nintendo can have adequate supplies of the DS Lite on hand (~300K minimum), I'd say that NSMB beginnings isn't out of the question.

First week: 750K
First four weeks: 1.5 million
End of the year: ~2 million

The real variable is if the DS game buying public will fork over the console price of the game to play it. I'm counting on the Final Fantasy (PS2) buying public to show up in force, though.

P.S. I believe it launches in late August.

flipping_heck said:
First Week: 400,000-500,000
Month: 1.4 million
Year: <~2 million

FF + DS = PROFIT!! Really, anything less than 2 million sales in Japan in its LTD is an instant fail and i cant see it failing to hit that target. Aside from being constantly being on Famitsu's top wanted list recently, there's enough hype and support surrounding it.

Kintaro said:
Hmmm... well, I'll go for broke.

1st Day: 250k
1st Week: 500k
1st Month: 1.5m
1st Year: 3m

Hell, why not? First main series FF on a Nintendo system since FFVI, which happens to be the most popular system in the country, and a full on complete remake with full on hype? Aim for the sky! :lol

Smiles and Cries said:
500k first week
900k first month
2.8m first year

these are facts I've been to the future

Jonnyram said:
First week: 1m
First month: 1.5m
Lifetime: 2m

Conservative predictions :)

I mostly focused on the year end predictions. Good shit people :lol

ethelred said:
If it makes you feel any better, it's nothing personal. I can remember virtually everything people say. It's not about you. :)

Then you are way better than me in remembering stuff like these. I couldn't even remember what I said about FF3 until you "reminded" me in your last post :lol

And don't take my sayings or so-called "predictions" in a forum too seriously. Usually my "predictions" are nothing more than a wild/random guess or even sarcasm without any serious thinkings, and I can't even remeber them after a few days or so :p

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
AnimeTheme said:
Then you are way better than me in remembering stuff like these. I couldn't even remember what I said about FF3 until you "reminded" me in your last post :lol

And don't take my sayings or so-called "predictions" in a forum too seriously. Usually my "predictions" are nothing more than a wild/random guess or even sarcasm without any serious thinkings, and I can't even remeber them after a few days or so :p

It really doesn't matter what you think of your own predictions. The whole reason you're posting them on a message board is for other people to see them and analyze them. If your predictions are ridiculous you will be held accountable, it's as simple as that.

duderon said:
It really doesn't matter what you think of your own predictions. The whole reason you're posting them on a message board is for other people to see them and analyze them. If your predictions are ridiculous you will be held accountable, it's as simple as that.

After looking at the above prediction list, I don't think my "prediction" is really that ridiculous.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3503061&postcount=294

PS: Just in case anyone is going to quote my "prediction" about FF12:RW (no way to 1M) any time in the future, I would like to clarify that that was *not* really a prediction at all. I simply don't "want" it to reach 1M. As a fan of FF/FF12, I seriously don't like how SE is making a sequel of FF12 in that way.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
AnimeTheme said:
After looking at the above prediction list, I don't think my "prediction" is really that ridiculous.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3503061&postcount=294

PS: Just in case anyone is going to quote my "prediction" about FF12:RW (no way to 1M) any time in the future, I would like to clarify that that was *not* really a prediction at all. I simply don't "want" it to reach 1M. As a fan of FF/FF12, I seriously don't like how SE is making a sequel of FF12 in that way.

You said 1 million is impossible, that's ridiculous as it's going to pass that mark soon.

So your RW prediction was a blatant troll then. Got it.

duderon said:
You said 1 million is impossible, that's ridiculous as it's going to pass that mark soon.

Fine. That's your own definition of "ridiculous".

So your RW prediction was a blatant troll then. Got it.

However you want to interpret my saying, as long as no one will put it into any stupid prediction bashing/trolling game in the future.

donny2112

jj984jj said:
How many people predicted FFIII would reach 2 million anyway?

Me, and I still believe it would've if Square-Enix hadn't severely underestimated demand. That month between FFIII's launch and Pokemon was critical, and they blew it.

Ikael

I also think Health Pack could be the BT for the Wii, capitalizing on what Wii Sports has already started.
Pretty much spot on. The Wii needs its Nintendogs and brain training, but not in the sense that they have to make a dumb port of these games, but in the sense that they need to bring a game that grabs the non gamer market by using the Wii´s partciular imput. Health pack seems to be this game.

People are going to throw out Metroid and SSBM as big ones, but while I agree that they will probably hit a million, I'm not convinced that is exactly what Nintendo needs to make a DS-style success. It's all about the easy to pick-up games for this market.
Hmmm, more like for the portable market. IMHO, Japan´s home console market has been traditionally decided by RPGs and I think that Nintendo is conscious of that, hence why they are courting Squarenix. RPGs are the Japanese "FPS".

The heavy hitters like Metroid and Mario will always sell, but it's those little shitters nobody expected that pick up steam and are defining the generation.
Yup. In fact a XNA-esque kit would do wonders for the console, IMHO opinion.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I waded out of chart-land and into a quote forest.

WTF happened? We get more MC numbers today and DEC NPD today. You kids better get your act together!

AnimeTheme said:

And what's your point to put my FF3 post (the second one) in your above post? WTH does it do with DQM:J?

So you realize that you are in effect saying that your opinion is worthless and shouldn't be listened to, right?

DeaconKnowledge said:
So you realize that you are in effect saying that your opinion is worthless and shouldn't be listened to, right?

Oh really? I didn't realize that.

I just find it amazing that someone digged up a casual post made by a random poster more than 6 months ago, and quoted it again and again with whatever intention.

AnimeTheme said:
Oh really? I didn't realize that.

I just find it amazing that someone digged up a casual post made by a random poster more than 6 months ago, and quoted it again and again with whatever intention.

People at GAF do that all the time.

They're watching you man. I'm relatively new and I know that.

Haunted

PantherLotus said:
How about some 01/01-07/01 predictions?

Wii - 92k
PS3 - 68k
360 - 17k
I'm always up for some predicting!

DS - 298k
Wii - 101k
PS3 - 74k
PS2 - 33k
PSP - 27k