• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network 4: No one got it?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picked it up yesterday, despite having not yet finished MMBN1, and 2 and 3 sit on my shelf unplayed. ^_^;

But I started the game, and really like the changes made to the battle system (the counters and the dark soul system), enough that I'm considering just dropping MMBN1 entirely and playing this game first. My question is, is it really worth bothering with the previous games? Did MMBN3 have some new features like 4 does?

pops619

I keep forgetting to get this. I'm going to get it sooner rather than later, as the Battle Network series is my favorite RPG series. Well, the only RPG series I can stand to play anymore for that matter.

The first three games were all pretty similar. I don't think any of them really introduced anything big. Personally, I'd play through the first three before going to four, but that's just because I enjoyed them so much.

Swordian

Lyte Edge said:
My question is, is it really worth bothering with the previous games? Did MMBN3 have some new features like 4 does?

MMBN2 introduced the Style Change and not regaining health after battles. MMBN3 intorduced the Navi Customizer and counters. Both games are very much worth playing. You should probably finish the first one as well, for the sake of completion/story if nothing else.

nubbe

The Chip system evolved greatly between MMBN 1, 2 and 3, MMBN3 had a major interface upgrade.
I must say the Chip system vas next to unusable in MMBN1 :p
There where also other major updates as stated above.

The MMBN has evolved nicely and have added many new exiting and revolutionary features in every version.

I am going to pick up MMBN4 when it hits Europe in a few weeks.
It looks very exiting since it has had some major overhauls since the last games.

Fifty

I hope to pick it up this weekend. I never got around to playing 1/2, but I've spent more than 40 hours on BN 3. I really liked it, and I didn't even have any expectations going into it. A very underrated series.

Nester

I've been playing through it today, I like it a lot so far. Nicer then the previous 3. The MMBN RPGs are probably my favorite RPG series on the GBA.

Now Megaman Battle Network DS - I'm really looking forward to that as long as it stays an RPG and not a Network Transmission game. I liked NT, but I'd like to see the wifi online multiplayer included somehow in the DS version, and not just for 1 on 1 Net Battles.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just curious which you people chose...

241773.jpg
241771.jpg

And is it TRUE??? Did Capcom actually redraw the sprites in this game?

nubbe

Brandon F said:
And is it TRUE??? Did Capcom actually redraw the sprites in this game?
yes, they did! :gasp
But they also remade some in MMBN3

And i will get both... But Red first
241771.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I went with Red Sun. The main differences are which other PET characters you can merge with, and I liked the looks/abilities of the ones in Red Sun over Blue Moon. Blue Moon DOES have Blues though, and I read that his abilities make going through the last dungeon area (the one you can't get to unless you beat the game several times. Ugh. :p) a little easier. There's also two storylines unique to each game at the last tournament you go to, but despite what the back of the box says, it's the same game overall.

The sprites may be redrawn, but they all look exactly the same to me; everything seems smaller in appearance now though.

I'm starting to think that perhaps I should put this game on hold and go back to MMBN3. I don't know if I'm going to bother with MMBN1 and MMBN2 at this point.

Fifty

Nice to hear that about Red Sun..

I went with Red because it was cheaper at my Best Buy. It was $34.99 (I live in Toronto) instead of Blue's $39.99 (standard price)

pops619

I wouldn't skip the second game. I thought it was the best of the first three. It had some really good dungeons. Battle Network 3 disappointed me a bit in that regard. Seemingly every dungeon in Battle Network 2 had some clever catch to it. The third game had some pretty lame dungeons. That's just me, though.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, after years of not getting any of the .EXE/BN's since 1, I finally got 4. Red Sun to boot! (All the souls here look great, and Roll Soul is fantastic against Navis) I love the new emotion/counter/full synchro systems added. There's also a big emphasize on Navi battles this time around, so it's bit more fun. I really think .EXE games should remove random encoutners or something, its annoying to run into battle after battle when you're lost on the web XD

nubbe

Don’t know how BN4 works yet… But there where power ups in the previous games that removed random encounter with viruses that is lower level then you

Top Bottom