• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaMan 8-Bit Deathmatch Online Thread

IceMarker

n2bdl2.png

>Download the latest version MM8BDM here! It's free!<

Welcome to Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch!
MM8BDM is a total conversion of Skulltag, an original Doom enhancement modification. MM8BDM has become a hit among first-person shooter and old school Megaman fans alike!
This thread is here for anyone to post servers to meet up on to play, or servers designated for NeoGAF use.
If you'd like to be on the server list please post the server's Name, Password, IP, Player Count, Game Mode(s), and location.

Online FAQ

Q: How do I start my own server?

A: All you need to do is simply download the latest MM8BDM package from one of CutStuff's download mirrors, forward the appropriate ports, and hope that when you run the MM8BDM launcher and go to the host tab that your router likes you and your port forwarding. More details are on the CutStuff and Skulltag forums.

-

Q: How can I connect to a server using an IP?

A: There are actually several ways to connect to a server, one is to simply use the internal server list from within the game. The way to use a server IP is to either go to the connect tab of the MM8BDM launcher and putting in the IP of the server you wish to join, or by opening the console in-game and typing "connect (IP address:port)"

--

GAF Spotted on Servers
MM8BDM Name (NeoGAF Name)
-MrMister (MrMister)
-Tre (Teknopathetic)
-Animlboogy (animlboogy)
-finite_remission (theinifinityissue)
-rpmurphy (rpmurphy)

Have fun guys, play fair, and get fragging!

Yep thanks for hosting the server mister, fun stuff, I was finite_remission.

Had a good run for a bit there, man that magnet shot is way overpowered, it's like a homing sniper rifle :lol

If I don't quit playing now I won't go to bed tonight, but I'll definitely stop by next time you're running it.

IceMarker

theinfinityissue said:
Yep thanks for hosting the server mister, fun stuff, I was finite_remission.

Had a good run for a bit there, man that magnet shot is way overpowered, it's like a homing sniper rifle :lol

If I don't quit playing now I won't go to bed tonight, but I'll definitely stop by next time you're running it.
Thanks! Yeah, Cutman and Magnetman's weapons are OP. :lol

I host almost daily starting at around 6pm PST until whenever :p

I was on your server as Tre. GGs.

"Thanks! Yeah, Cutman and Magnetman's weapons are OP"

Magnet shot and that Ice/snow whatever shot are pretty ridiculous.

IceMarker

Oh that was you Tek? Haha awesome! I should start a player name list in the OP.

Alright, thanks to those of you who played on the server's opening night.
It's now closed as of this post and will be up again tomorrow around same time.
Over the course of the six hours the server was up, 3512 frags were given and taken.

See you tomorrow!

IceMarker

Afternoon everyone, I'm on my way to work, while I'm away the server will be ON. This means I'm hosting again for another 6-7 hours! :D

Server IP is in the OP. Server is on NOW! Have fun.

EDIT: I'm back and the server is now off. Report: 0 players, 0 frags over an uptime of 7 hours. :lol
EDIT2: Seems there's a much deeper problem...

IceMarker

rpmurphy said:
I couldn't connect at all. :(
That's a red flag for me right there. I've forwarded so many ports on my router and such that I don't know what to do anymore! :(
I'll start hosting again as soon as I get it working guys, I'm browsing forums, wikis, google, all for answers and if nothing seems to help, I think I'm going to start blaming my ISP.

Until then, someone else can take my place as host. :p

IceMarker

So it turns out there is something fishy with my router or ISP that is beyond my control at the moment which disallows certain ports, even when defined in my router settings, to be forwarded/open. Therefore I can't host until my ISP fixes it. Until then I can only host through Hamachi and on rare occasions when my router actually wants to use UPnP.

If anyone at all would like to host a server please post in this thread with the server info and I will gladly add you to the OP.

Top Bottom