• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Command Mission

wipeout364

I was going to pre-order this and I was wondering if I should order it on the PS2 or Gamecube? IS there any significant differences? Thanks in advance

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
From what I've heard, the Gamecube version is 60fps and the PS2 version is 30fps.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This ships same day as Katamari Damacy, Red Star, Monster Hunter, and some other noteables for some(FFXi expansion, Xmen legends). One week later is Nocturne, and 1 week earlier is Gradius 5 and Sly 2.

Oh dear.

kiryogi

Banned
Brandon F said:
This ships same day as Katamari Damacy, Red Star, Monster Hunter, and some other noteables for some(FFXi expansion, Xmen legends). One week later is Nocturne, and 1 week earlier is Gradius 5 and Sly 2.

Oh dear.

But isn't Red Star sorta dead with current events and probably delayed into the future?

Alex

Folken doesn't know, he's going to be busy buying Monster Hunter unless he wants me to beat him to death with a chair.

September is a great, great month. Sept > Oct/Nov.

Pikmin 2, Fable, Promathia/Monster Hunter, Nocturne for me.

I'll probably pick up Command Mission next year. :(

Brandon F

Hehe, yea I'll be snagging Monster Hunter don't worry, keep those chairs on the ground!

Gonna have to make some trade-ins to lighten the load though. (ToS I am looking at you!) Command Mission skipped my mind completely and will thus be shoved out of the rotation schedule until further notice in 2005.

Fable got an 8/10. I think Brute Force scored higher than that!! :D

Forgot Red Star is Acclaim, but whatever. I'd rather be playing Gradius 5 anyway.

Nocturne vs. Shadow Hearts 2... The clash of hype and goth.

Sly 2: reminding us of the jumping games Nintendo used to make.

Alex

I want SH2 also, but comapred to the susposed holy grail Nocturne is susposed to be. Blah, not feeling it and the release dates are way too close.

I'm probably gonna drop the 20 bucks on that huge guide as well.

Nocturne and Baten Kaitos will be the only typical-ish RPG's I buy this year.

I'm eager to try Baten Kaitos. Maybe having the Valkyrie Profile battle director behind a game will make the Nintendo kiddies shut the hell up about Symphonia's aged, "been there done that" battle system. It's good, but CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

Brandon F

Oh definately gonna get the guide. I think you get 20% off with purchase of the game in store.

Oh crap and isn't Burnout 3 and GGXX online releasing this week as well?

Eek...

I can't even think about Baten Kaitos right now. I mean that's November right?? You know that's the month the GAF Metroid Prime 2 bashing finally goes public! That should be a huge one...

wipeout364

off track LOL. I was wondering about the two versions after the gamecube got shafted in the mega man anniversary collection deal. Anyway today I reserved
Gungrave OD (15 dollars so I said what the hell)
Shadow hearts 2
SMT:nocturne
Monster Hunter
katamari damacy
I didn't reserve command mission becuase I didn't know which one to get but I am getting it especially after finding out the team from BOFV:DQ did it.

September is crazy, on top of the above I want Burnout 3, fable, silent hill 4, sly cooper, gradius and DOA Ultimate.

First impressions of MMX:CM aren't that good. Feels very basic, slow and quite ugly. Also, english voices are hilariously bad as usual.

Then again I only played with X alone for half an hour.

ferricide

Alex said:
I'm eager to try Baten Kaitos. Maybe having the Valkyrie Profile battle director...
O_O FOR REALZ? suddenly my interest in this game just shot up to actually being extant. well, provided you're correct, that is.

Alex

That's what Dragona said. Ask her if you need further confirmation. That's what rekindled my interest after hearing Monolith was the developer.

Top Bottom