• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman X Collection announced (PS4, XboxOne, Switch, PC)

Andyliini

I wonder if they'll include the SNES version of X3 on this one, or will they go with PS1 version again, as in the Megaman X Collection back then. SNES-version has better music arrangements, but X3 has animated cutscenes. The best would be to release both of them, but I think that will be out of question.

Better yet, Saturn version of X4 would also be interesting, but as Capcom did not use Saturn version for Megaman 8, I doubt they would for this one, either. Probably because Saturn is so hard to emulate.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Japanese trailer:

Comes out in July. I don't undestand Japanese, so I'm not sure what else is there, but hopefully there will be and English one out soon. Or rather someone with knowledge would translate that one.

OH-MyCar

My Switch is collecting dust at the moment but something like this is a perfect fit. I can't wait.

I wish SquareEnix would get some sense and do something similar with Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest.

DonF

Is there a legitimate reason why capcom divided the collection into 2? I won't buy it until the price of both collections drop, a lot.

Is there a legitimate reason why capcom divided the collection into 2? I won't buy it until the price of both collections drop, a lot.

Yes fuck Capcom. I bought the second OG Mega Man collection and now I can't find the first one for a reasonable price where I live and it's killing me.

Andyliini

Well, at least we did not have to wait long for the english one to go live:

July 24th it is, at least for America, hopefully for Europe too. Theres no mention of physical releases on this video, though.

Yagami_Sama

There will be retail releases :

In North America, a physical Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 set containing both Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 will also be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch for $39.99. On PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, it will include a disc for each collection. On Switch, it will include a cartridge for Mega Man X Legacy Collection and a digital download voucher for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/mega-ma...-2-launch-july-24-in-north-america-and-europe

Very weird to see that each collection will be in one disc and the download code for the Switch version is a disaster. I will skip the retail version for Switch this time.

Fbh

There will be retail releases :

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/mega-ma...-2-launch-july-24-in-north-america-and-europe

Very weird to see that each collection will be in one disc and the download code for the Switch version is a disaster. I will skip the retail version for Switch this time.
I'm going mostly digital with the Switch but this was something I might have liked to own in physical format.

But there's not way I'm getting it physical if half the content is going to be digital anyway.

Aside from some filters there doesn't even seem to be a lot of remastering going on. How much do all these games weight together? 4 GB?

Last edited:
Capcom fuck Switch owners and they fuck there fans, it's a problem no one understands.
If there is 2 things they love, it's Switch fucking, and fan fuck-in' around the world!
Makin' ports, makin' vouchers, and fan fuck-in' around the world!

Anyway just found both PS4 collections for regular MM being sold together, new for 30$, so decided just to go PS4 for Mega Man series despite wanting to go Switch.

Last edited:
Is there a legitimate reason why capcom divided the collection into 2?.
giphy.gif

JP

Obviously they could have easily released this as a single collection but I'd also say that it's still a decent price for the two set edition, even though I have started buying these for my Super Nt.

I wonder if we'll ever get a proper release of Mega Man & Bass/Rockman & Forte?

I can't explain how much I'd like a decent collection of their Vs. games but that's probably close to impossible now.

How the hell does that even work when they're the same price it would be if it was one set? You know a ton of people will only pick up the X-X4 set.

As for the Switch download code, blame Nintendo. It seems they don't have their OS setup to allow for two separate title IDs on a shared cartridge.

How the hell does that even work when they're the same price it would be if it was one set? You know a ton of people will only pick up the X-X4 set.

As for the Switch download code, blame Nintendo. It seems they don't have their OS setup to allow for two separate title IDs on a shared cartridge.
It's still 2 discs on PS4 and X1 where this isn't a issue, so the OS issue isn't the reason, also in Japan they're letting people get a physical version of both collections on Switch if they want, along with the voucher version.

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

So, in Japan, there will be a retail release for each game ? If some time to hurry and buy this, before the scalpers.

I did not get this part. Dragon Quest Heroes I & II are on the same cartridge, 32gb one. I think that Capcom is just lazy, even on PS4, there will be 2 discs, one for each.

Maybe if they had done a limited edition, with both cartridges in the same pack. But this will horrible too, because probably it will be sold on the Capcom store.

DonF

You answered your own question. A sale is a sale. Maybe some people think ¨$40 is too much, I just want X and Y ¨
By dividing the game they get the sale from those who want the whole collection and those who wouldnt pay full, but would pay half.

So, in Japan, there will be a retail release for each game ? If some time to hurry and buy this, before the scalpers.

I did not get this part. Dragon Quest Heroes I & II are on the same cartridge, 32gb one. I think that Capcom is just lazy, even on PS4, there will be 2 discs, one for each.

Maybe if they had done a limited edition, with both cartridges in the same pack. But this will horrible too, because probably it will be sold on the Capcom store.
Are those available independently digitally in Japan?

I'm going mostly digital with the Switch but this was something I might have liked to own in physical format.

But there's not way I'm getting it physical if half the content is going to be digital anyway.

Aside from some filters there doesn't even seem to be a lot of remastering going on. How much do all these games weight together? 4 GB?
4GB? For 3 SNES games, 3 PS1 games and 2 PS2 games? With FMV and streaming music on the latter 5 games?

Depending on the size of the emulator they're using, I would imagine collection 1 could fit on a 2GB cart (maybe even a 1GB). The second collection would likely need at least an 8GB cart, possibly a 16GB.

cireza

Honestly, in the current times, it would have felt more logic to sell episodes individually so that people get to choose what they buy, and as a packs with discounts on them for those who want everything.

I might have bought one episode, but I don't want 4 or 8 of them. I already know this series pretty well, and my interest is limited. So this offer does not appeal to me.

Last edited:
After the Mega Man Legacy Collection (not X) was updated on PS4 after such a long time to include the Rewind feature, I keep hoping the X Legacy Collection will get an update for the input lag. I haven't bought it yet, so has there been any updates at all or any rumors of them doing so?

Top Bottom