• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's mag offers boob job prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a classy mag. But I'd take the money for me over a job for her.

http://xs218.xs.to/xs218/07331/magazine.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22236665-2,00.html

MEN'S magazine Zoo has been blasted for a sleazy competition that invites male readers to "win" their girlfriend a boob job by sending in shots of her cleavage.

Women's health groups have attacked the magazine, branding the competition a poor-taste publicity stunt that is unethical and possibly even illegal.

"I'm disgusted and appalled, and very doubtful they can even offer major body modification as a prize," said public health researcher Dr Jenny O'Dea of the University of Sydney.

"You simply cannot treat women in this way, like objects there for men's satisfaction."

Zoo Weekly magazine has launched the online competition offering $10,000 breast implants as a prize to the girl "who deserves it most".

"One lucky Zoo reader will be able to give his girlfriend the ultimate present," said magazine editor Paul Merrill.

"It's impossible to think of a more romantic gift than new breasts. It's the gift that keeps on giving."

The magazine has called for men, or their girlfriends, to send in shots of the woman's cleavage which are then voted on by readers.

"Once we've got them all in, our readers will vote for who deserves it the most," said Merrill.

"The winner will receive the plastic surgery valued at $10,000."

Dr Howard Webster, president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, said the organisation strongly disapproved of the stunt.

"It's medically unethical to offer surgery as a prize and furthermore it's inappropriate for a guy to win this prize and offer it to his girlfriend," Dr Webster said.

"What would we think if a women's magazine ran a lottery for a penis enlargement and asked women to volunteer their boyfriends?"

He said any surgeon who agreed to carry out the operation may be in breach of medical ethics and even the law.

A publicist for the magazine said the surgeon had yet to be confirmed.

Asked if she was aware that such a competition may be illegal, she said "that may be the case but that's something the winner can sort out directly."

Sexuality researcher Dr Julie Mooney-Somers of the University of NSW said she was concerned men would volunteer women without their knowledge.

"What's to say these women even want a boob job or that it's even safe for them to have it," said Dr Mooney-Somers.

"There may be some very horrified women out there thanks to this."

If the women consented to sending in pictures, I don't see the problem. This magazine sounds trashy but most for men and for women magazines are wastes of paper and chemicals.

Alkemist said:
Silicone isn't sexy. So gross.

You don't know that until you've felt them yourself.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
The Experiment said:
If the women consented to sending in pictures, I don't see the problem. This magazine sounds trashy but most for men and for women magazines are wastes of paper and chemicals.

You don't know that until you've felt them yourself.

I have. They were stiff, and felt un-natural. I'm not going to tell other people how to live their lives, but I prefer my women to be all natural, for better or for worse.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
ItsInMyVeins said:
But isn't that what everyone who haven't felt silicone breast says? :D

No. Sometimes it depends if there is enough skin to handle a specific size of the implant itself. Perhaps she got a size to big, and there wasn't enough skin to handle the contour of the implant. They didn't jiggle or anything....

Alkemist said:
I have. They were stiff, and felt un-natural. I'm not going to tell other people how to live their lives, but I prefer my women to be all natural, for better or for worse.

I was curious. I thought the same as you until I was with a girl who had them. I fell in love with fakes ever since.

AMUSIX

Can't believe I'm adding to this...

Ok, I've seen/felt/experienced more than a few fake breasts (and more than a few real ones, too) and I've come to this conclusion:
good boob job > real (especially over time)
mediocre boob job < real (possibly shifting over time)
bad boob job (unfortunately too common) <<<<< real

So, yes, real breasts are more often better than fake. But a good fake job is far better than real. Also, the balance is heavily towards real in the teens and twenties, and starts to shift more and more towards the fakes beyond that.

Oh, and a bad boob job is one of the worst things out there. There's simply no reason for them to be overly hard or stiff.

EmSeta

The Experiment said:
I was curious. I thought the same as you until I was with a girl who had them. I fell in love with fakes ever since.

Some are worse, some are better. But overall, I don't think they're half as bad as some people make them out to be. In my experience, they feel pretty damn good.

AMUSIX said:
Can't believe I'm adding to this...

Ok, I've seen/felt/experienced more than a few fake breasts (and more than a few real ones, too) and I've come to this conclusion:
mediocre boob job < real (possibly shifting over time)
bad boob job (unfortunately too common) <<<<< real

So, yes, real breasts are more often better than fake. But a good fake job is far better than real. Also, the balance is heavily towards real in the teens and twenties, and starts to shift more and more towards the fakes beyond that.

Oh, and a bad boob job is one of the worst things out there. There's simply no reason for them to be overly hard or stiff.

So... where does your 'experience' with teens' boobies come from?

koam

So basically, the winner is the one who's gf has the best clevage.. doesn't that mean she doesn't need a boob job?

temp

posting on contract only
koam said:
So basically, the winner is the one who's gf has the best clevage.. doesn't that mean she doesn't need a boob job?
The winner is the one with the worst boobs...

temp

posting on contract only
Wait, so you might call this the boobie prize!? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahhahaahahahhahha

Wes

venison crêpe
temp said:
Wait, so you might call this the boobie prize!? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahhahaahahahhahha

:lol Can't believe it took five and a half hours for this one to pop up

Goldrusher

Implants are disgusting.
I would post pics to prove my point, but it's against the board rules.

I'd rather date a girl with virtually no boobs, than one with two coconut halves under her skin.

AMUSIX said:

I agree, but 99% of today's boob jobs are small breasts -> big breasts. Which is unnatural and ugly.
Girls with normal breasts who want a slightly larger size...or women who were pregnant or had irregular boobs, can benefit from a good boob job.

But as said, there are too many girls out there who look down, think they're flat-chested, and get implants that are way too big, too round, too hard, etc.

temp

posting on contract only
Goldrusher said:
Implants are disgusting.
I would post pics to prove my point, but it's against the board rules.

I'd rather date a girl with virtually no boobs, than one with two coconut halves under her skin.
Veronika sez

166fs987257.jpg

"I don't sink so."

temp

posting on contract only
Goldrusher said:
Disgusting.

And don't reply with that "omg sharp knees" image. Aesthetics & proportion > size.
You've seen her topless, right? Check her out, Veronika Zemanova. You can't argue aesthetics with her, they're really nice looking. Plus I don't think they're disgustingly big or anything. Anyway, if you're calling her "disgusting" I don't really think you can PROVE your point, like you said, because that's nuts.

AMUSIX

Goldrusher said:
I agree, but 99% of today's boob jobs are small breasts -> big breasts. Which is unnatural and ugly.
Girls with normal breasts who want a slightly larger size...or women who were pregnant or had irregular boobs, can benefit from a good boob job.

But as said, there are too many girls out there who look down, think they're flat-chested, and get implants that are way too big, too round, too hard, etc.
Actually, most boob jobs are far less drastic than people think (and most go generally unnoticed in day to day interactions). But, yes, the biggest contributor to bad jobs is when someone attempts to get breasts too big for their chest (usually for their skin).

However, the above example is not one of a bad boob job. Granted, she is much larger than natural (which is more a result of her profession) but there aren't signs of overstretching, misbalancing, or overscarring. Of course, to be sure, I'd have to feel them....

That's pretty awesome.

Also, what's with all the people complaining about big tits? It's like the Soul Calibur 4 thread. It's like people are scared of them or something.

JKBii

I don't see the problem here. This wouldn't be a problem if it was "send in pictures of your house and the winner gets a home make over" even though a new home isn't a necessity.

Flo_Evans

JKBii said:
I don't see the problem here. This wouldn't be a problem if it was "send in pictures of your house and the winner gets a home make over" even though a new home isn't a necessity.

what if your GF sent a pic of your small penis to a womens magazine to try to win you a penis enlargement operation? You would be cool with that? :lol

JKBii said:

It's not a reall problem, just in poor taste.

And as the article points out, the mag promised a prize before ironing out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom