• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mercenaries 2: PSN Duos of Co-Op Doom Meet-Up Thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Since Mercs 2 is launching on Sunday, August 31st, I thought now would be a good time to gauge interest in the game and see who is interested in playing this game on PSN. Since the entire SP campaign can be played in Co-Op and the game fully supports drop-in/drop-out Co-Op, I think it will be one of the better Co-Op experiences of this year. Post in here if you are interested. See you online!

PSN: Denogginizer

EDIT: Gametrailers Co-Op video for those who haven't seen it: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38899.html

Drahcir

Day one for me as well. This will be the first PS3 game that I will go online with actually. I loved the first one. It was one of my favorites from last-gen.

PSN: drahcirious

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
mintylurb said:
I'm still on the fence about this game..I'll probably wait until I read some reviews then decide..
The Sunday release, the lack of hype, and the rumblings that some reviewers are lukewarm on it have all made me a little suspicious as well. The Co-Op developer video on Gametrailers has been the main motivating factor driving me towards purchase. But I am concerned about the quiet.

GQman2121

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
The Sunday release, the lack of hype, and the rumblings that some reviewers are lukewarm on it have all made me a little suspicious as well. The Co-Op developer video on Gametrailers has been the main motivating factor driving me towards purchase. But I am concerned about the quiet.

Nick on 1up FM sounded like he really liked it (what doesn't he really really like?), but mentioned that the co-op is limiting as you can't stray too far away from one another because of the technical restrains.

I'm down regardless; I loved the first game, and what I've seen so far has me pumped enough to at lease give it a try. I feel like I’ve been watching vids for over two years already with all the delays the game has had.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GQman2121 said:
Nick on 1up FM sounded like he really liked it (what doesn't he really really like?), but mentioned that the co-op is limiting as you can't stray too far away from one another because of the technical restrains.

I'm down regardless; I loved the first game, and what I've seen so far has me pumped enough to at lease give it a try. I feel like I’ve been watching vids for over two years already with all the delays the game has had.

That's wierd, cause the co op video was talking about being able to do something different on the other side of the map, or something.

gcubed

i am very VERY tempted to pick this up this weekend, so keep me on the lookout. I have to finally finish DMC4 tonight in preparation.

PSN - LordFarquaad

decon

I'm all in for this. Add up decon89, I'm GMT +1 if anyone would like to know and I've got a headset (is there even voicechat in the game?)

Nos_G

Sent you an addy Denog, gonna send everyone in this thread an friend invite as well. need some mercs co-op

decon

Thanks for the game Mesijs. Seriously, this game needs voicechat sooo bad, or Sony should make it cross game like on Live :(

They you need to take all those buildings by the way?

Mesijs

decon said:
Thanks for the game Mesijs. Seriously, this game needs voicechat sooo bad, or Sony should make it cross game like on Live :(

They you need to take all those buildings by the way?

Yeah nice game. Quite some shit blewn up! And made some millions for my own game, thanks as well.

comrade

Just wondering if anyone is still playing this. If anyone wants to help me hunt down some HVT's and target buildings send me a friend invite to 'Despize'.

decon said:
Uhh...do you have a headset? The game definitely has voice chat, something tells me you are full of crap

Top Bottom