• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 = $35.99 @ outpost.com

Rahul

i demand more support and great deal tips from wario64 for european gamers. we're people too you know.

Gek54

How does outpost afford to sell all these game so cheap. I thought $35 was invoice price(or whatever retail calls it)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Gek54 said:
How does outpost afford to sell all these game so cheap. I thought $35 was invoice price(or whatever retail calls it)
They are a large chain so they can afford the lower than MSRP prices. They use these games as a lossleader so you'll be interested in purchasing more products from them. I've been told that in their B&M stores they have expensive accesorries that consumers pick up all the time so the setup is working just fine.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
And remember.. you won't get it right on the release date! Man I friggin love Outpost.com

Sein

Neo Member
TekunoRobby said:
They are a large chain so they can afford the lower than MSRP prices. They use these games as a lossleader so you'll be interested in purchasing more products from them. I've been told that in their B&M stores they have expensive accesorries that consumers pick up all the time so the setup is working just fine.

That doesn't entirely explain why the discounts are offered online, where impulse buying is presumably less common.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Sein said:
That doesn't entirely explain why the discounts are offered online, where impulse buying is presumably less common.

Well they weren't always offered online, this is something new previously the discounts were only offered in the B&M's.... I'd say it was an experiment to expand their customer base since the B&M's aren't located all across the US.

I'd hazard a guess it's working...

snapty00

Banned
Maybe they want more people to shop online, so they offer lower prices for now? Sort of a bait-and-switch type deal...you pay less now to get you feeling comfortable about buying online but they turn around later on and jack up their prices to normal in-store prices.

Top Bottom