• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
U K Narayan said:
Land Walker is really old, manned, and cannot achieve the stages of equilibrium or agility the BigDog project can manage.

I guess you could say that the Land Walker is close to REX. The BigDog project is close to the GEKKO.

if u going by looks

but BigDog being kicked and not falling is just wow i know if some one kick me like that im going over

Mets39

Therefore according to all those lucky guys who already played it, if you are a MGS fan it's the best game ever ?
599408.gif

Mets39 said:
Therefore according to all those lucky guys who already played it, if you are a MGS fan it's the best game ever ?
599408.gif

Yup. For me it is.

It was Ocarina of Time until this game, for me, I usually judge a game based on how it effects me while I play it, and I was being shocked and wowed more times with this than Ocarina.
So there you go.

Right, I'm gonna host the video on my ftp. No spoilers whatsoever. Just me pissing off the Gekkos RIGHT at the beginning of the game.

Lince

Banned
Estimado cliente,

Nos ponemos en contacto para usted en referencia a su reserva del juego Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots, para PS3. Sentimos comunicarle que por el momento Konami no nos garantiza un día exacto para su llegada a nuestro almacén central, debido a la huelga general de transportes que se encuentra convocada a nivel nacional, por lo que tampoco podemos asegurar el día concreto en que lo recibirán nuestros clientes.

En cualquier caso, en el momento en que el juego esté disponible recibirá un mail informativo, desde el que podrá confirmar o cancelar el envío (en condiciones normales, el plazo de entrega desde su confirmación es de 24 a 48 horas laborables). Por ello rogamos permanezca atento a su correo electrónico, le mantendremos informado en todo momento.

Reciba un cordial saludo.

GAME
GAME Stores Iberia, S.L. (Spanish Subsidiary of The Game Group Plc.)
Calle Virgilio, 9
Ciudad de La Imagen – Pozuelo de Alarcón
Madrid 28223 – España
http://www.GAME.es
game@game.es

so the game is delayed until further notice in Spain, nice.... niiiice... naaaaaaisssssss. I want to kill myself.

hirokazu

dabookerman said:
Yup. For me it is.

It was Ocarina of Time until this game, for me, I usually judge a game based on how it effects me while I play it, and I was being shocked and wowed more times with this than Ocarina.
So there you go.

Right, I'm gonna host the video on my ftp. No spoilers whatsoever. Just me pissing off the Gekkos RIGHT at the beginning of the game.
My favourite is Ocarina of Time as well, I hope I will be blown away like you are :D Actually, I probably will, as apart from a couple small stuff like OST and trailers, I'm totally unspoiled. The biggest spoiler I've seen is the codec conversation.

Also, my Play-Asia order was changed from Preorder to Preparing. I hope it will ship tomorrow instead of Thursday! Awesome. :)

evil ways

imagejpeg1zg4.jpg

My girlfriend's hooking me up with the limited edition guide, artwork booklet and a PS3 for my best friend. Bummer I had already pre-ordered my LE game. :D

Ouch. For some reason I thought/assumed the game ran at a solid 60fps, I only found out now that it's 30fps with ocassional jumps to 60fps... That's a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned, one of the major points in favor of MGS2 over MGS3 for me is the frame rate.

I've been on a media and news block out on MGS4 for quite some time now, I didn't even watch the last couple of trailers. Can't wait to play the game. It's going to be the only game this generation so far that I play to completion, or for any considerable amount of time for that matter. I've become so disconnected from gaming lately it's not even funny.

hirokazu

Lince said:
so the game is delayed until further notice in Spain, nice.... niiiice... naaaaaaisssssss. I want to kill myself.
Sucks, dude. :( That's like waiting 4 long years for MGS4 only to be denied the awesome 2 days before it's arrival!

hirokazu

dabookerman said:
Annoying some Gekkos

Not a spoiler. Right at the beginning of the game.
AARRRGH! THE GAME OVER! SPOILERED!!!! :( :( :(

Nah, I'm not too worried, just wasn't really expecting to see the Game Over screen. The flashbacks thing when you die, pretty neat.

The Gekko still looks like kinda bulky and awkward there trying to attack Snake at close range.

Frog

dabookerman said:

:lol You're killing me man, you're killing me. Two days has never seemed so long.

dabookerman said:
Annoying some Gekkos

Not a spoiler. Right at the beginning of the game.

Nice. Definitely more aggressive and lethal than the video I saw before, but not as ferocious as they are in the cutscenes. I guess that would be too much to expect. Also, first time I've seen the Game Over screen, pretty cool.

Mets39

dabookerman said:
Yup. For me it is.

So there you go.

So wait, you have played MGS1,2 &3 and OOT was still you BGE until now ? Holy Shit! MGS4 must have something really special :D

psycho_snake said:
Nice. Good to see they look to hard to fight. Didnt you say that was on Big Boss hard?

Yup. The fact is, this is right at the beginning of the game.

They will piss you off later on in the game, and they can be a bitch to kill. That's all I will say ;p

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Frog said:
Nice. Definitely more aggressive and lethal than the video I saw before, but not as ferocious as they are in the cutscenes. I guess that would be too much to expect. Also, first time I've seen the Game Over screen, pretty cool.
I was hoping that they'd be like the ones from the cutscenes too. They still look pretty tough, but not like the cutscene ones where they just destroy everything.

dabookerman said:
Yup. The fact is, this is right at the beginning of the game.

They will piss you off later on in the game, and they can be a bitch to kill. That's all I will say ;p
Sounds great. I want them to be a bitch to kill.

The noises they are weird though. They sound like an angry cow.

Mets39 said:
So wait, you have played MGS1,2 &3 and OOT was still you BGE until now ? Holy Shit! MGS4 must have something really special :D

Ok, it's like this.
Ocarina of Time was my favourite game, stand alone. MGS is my favourite series, and I hold that fact in a much higher regard than OOT. For me collectively, I love them all together.
So yeah, MGS4 is my favourite game, because it encompasses everything that was great about the previous 3 console games, all in one package.
It's like LOTR, it's hard for me to pick a favourite film out of the 3, so The Matrix is my personal favourite film, but LOTR is my favourite film series, and I hold that in a much higher regard.

Sorry for making my way of choosing favourites so complicated :lol

Erebus

dabookerman said:
Shit, forgot to mention about the game over screen, sorry guys :(

I love the music when that happens though.

Can you upload more videos please? I'm particularly interested in the flashbacks. Do it in the SPOILERS thread though because some people will eat you alive here. :lol

Mets39

dabookerman said:
Ok, it's like this.
Ocarina of Time was my favourite game, stand alone. MGS is my favourite series, and I hold that fact in a much higher regard than OOT. For me collectively, I love them all together.
So yeah, MGS4 is my favourite game, because it encompasses everything that was great about the previous 3 console games, all in one package.
It's like LOTR, it's hard for me to pick a favourite film out of the 3, so The Matrix is my personal favourite film, but LOTR is my favourite film series, and I hold that in a much higher regard.

Sorry for making my way of choosing favourites so complicated :lol

Thanks for clarification :lol Got your point!
See you this Week End so we can share our thoughts :p

DarkUSS said:
Can you upload more videos please? I'm particularly interested in the flashbacks. Do it in the SPOILERS thread though because some people will eat you alive here. :lol
I would, but, I don't have much room in my FTP, and my DailyMotion account got nuked because I posted lots of videos already ;p

Sorry man.

Knight77

FINALLY ! ! !

I got it ! ! ! Finally I got it ! ! ! O M G !

After seven years...after seven years - as I said before MGS3 was a nice parenthesis - finally the day has come. And I will never forget this day! Even if tonight I won't play it: there is an important personal thing I have to do and something related to work to be finished but then...oh yeah...I'll be free and since tomorrow evening THE SYSTEM - hem the game - IS MINE! :lol

P.S. Writing from Italy, and is a promo copy for a review. Anyway here will be almost impossible to have the game before the 12th...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
hirokazu said:
The mooing is awesome! A lot more unique than the usual roars that you'd usually get.
I didnt like it at first, but I gradually got used to it. I like the fact that its different (a metal gear that has gekko like legs that makes mooing noises, only MGS would have something like that) but it still sounds weird.

U K Narayan said:
I know, right? Yesterday was long as fuck, too.

every hour seems like an eternity. I've actually been smoking a lot more now thanks to MGS, it's the only thing that calms my giddy fanboy nerves. ;_;

zoukka

Gekkos seemed as clunky as in the Assassins Solid trailer :(

But it's great they still pose a real threat. I just wish they could've been more agile.

DunpealD

THE JOY!
My EU LE just got sneaked out for about an hour I hope I'll get it tomorrow!!! :D
But don't worry comrades I won't play it until it's the 12th. You have my support GAF.

Lince said:

Yes I was at the store yesterday and they told me that the game probably won't be on time :((

Zenith

Banned
dabookerman said:
Shit, forgot to mention about the game over screen, sorry guys :(

I love the music when that happens though.

the Game Over screen was already shown when media sites played through the E3 demo.

This is the second straight day I dreamed about MGS4, this time I actually played it. I was so disappointed with the game I woke up sweating. I guess thats considered a nightmare but I think I need to settle my hype down.

zoukka said:
Gekkos seemed as clunky as in the Assassins Solid trailer :(

But it's great they still pose a real threat. I just wish they could've been more agile.

They're giant robots in tight spaces, WTF do you really expect them to be doing? Break dancing?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I've played through ever other MGS game before, but I'm thinking of starting this one on easy just to get through the story as fast as possible so I don't have to worry about spoilers anymore.

zoukka

SolidSnakex said:
They're giant robots in tight spaces, WTF do you really expect them to be doing? Break dancing?

Yes that's it. Snake could override them with an ipod and there would be different dancing routines.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Lion Heart said:
This is the second straight day I dreamed about MGS4, this time I actually played it. I was so disappointed with the game I woke up sweating. I guess thats considered a nightmare but I think I need to settle my hype down.

Damn man you need to relax! I wish I would be dreaming of MGS4 but instead I get to dream of hot naked chicks! :D *I wish*

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
psycho_snake said:
I didnt like it at first, but I gradually got used to it. I like the fact that its different (a metal gear that has gekko like legs that makes mooing noises, only MGS would have something like that) but it still sounds weird.
There was a whole story behind that decision as early as 2006 I think. You probably missed it. The idea is that the thing sounds like a farm animal so that when you encounter it the first time, you don't think it's dangerous, until it has attacked you and it's too late - and later on it still makes a disconnect between what the robot sounds and how dangerous it is (ahah, it's mooing?, whoops, I'm dead...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom