• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
brandonh83 said:
I've informed my family that I will not be accepting phone calls, especially from work, no one is to bother me or come in my room until the game is beat, and most importantly

THERE WILL BE NO SPIDERS IN MY ROOM

spiderman.jpg

How sure are you?

Today is the most pointless day of my life. No work, nothing to do, standing in line for MGS4 is tomorrow... yep, thoroughly pointless. Well, I might exercise for a bit.

edit: yes I'm sure, it's called BLACK FLAG, owned and manufactured by Hal Emmerich

hirokazu

Crateman said:
Guys, I think my hype meter just broke:

A friend is visiting Japan and he told me if I had any requests... and I asked her to look for a MGS4 billboard and take a picture of it in my honor... well, she did:

2jcbrs8.jpg

She even wrote a note for me! YEAH!

This is only one pic, but she took like 6 different pictures of different ads all over Tokyo.

It's like... if I was there :D
Awesome. Also, I know exactly where that is despite only being to Akihabara 3 times :lol

I saw a busstop shelter ad today while I was driving by Sydney Uni. I was pleasantly surprised that they were even advertising it here, but I didn't get time to snap a picture. First and only ad I've seen here so far. It was basically the greyscale bursting pose Snake with his legs disintegrating into shapes and things with the MGS4 logo beneath it. And beneath that it had June 12 and the Konami and PS3 logos.

Bastards need to advertise it more here. It seems like there is very little interest in this game outside of existing PS3 owners or something.

brandonh83 said:
Today is the most pointless day of my life. No work, nothing to do, standing in line for MGS4 is tomorrow... yep, thoroughly pointless. Well, I might exercise for a bit.

edit: yes I'm sure, it's called BLACK FLAG

Sleeping pills are your friend. I'm gonna clean my room today and prepare my room for MGS4.

Sleeping pills aren't really your friend.

Crateman said:
Guys, I think my hype meter just broke:

A friend is visiting Japan and he told me if I had any requests... and I asked her to look for a MGS4 billboard and take a picture of it in my honor... well, she did:

2jcbrs8.jpg

She even wrote a note for me! YEAH!

This is only one pic, but she took like 6 different pictures of different ads all over Tokyo.

It's like... if I was there :D

My name is Martin too so I feel like maybe that photo is for all the Martins in the world.

brandonh83 said:
well aren't you just the role model :lol

Indeed. :lol
I'll do some maths after and probably go to church with my Grandma too.

grandyu

so.. the euro cover is the Shinkawa artwork of snakes face. The US SE is CG snake close up with red logo. what does the JAP one look like? is it the one with CG snake face without any kind of logo ?

and also, anyone find out what the LE looks like?

hirokazu

Dark Octave said:
Japan is like videogameworld. It's like everywhere you look you see Sega and MGS4. Ask your friend if she has run into Mario on the train or seen Sonic zipping by in his sports car, yet.
Well, that is Akihabara, dude, so it's unsurprising :p But you're right, there is a shitload more games-related advertising and stuff in Japan than you'd ever see here. It makes me sad :(

hirokazu

grandyu said:
so.. the euro cover is the Shinkawa artwork of snakes face. The US SE is CG snake close up with red logo. what does the JAP one look like? is it the one with CG snake face without any kind of logo ?

and also, anyone find out what the LE looks like?
From previous pictures, the regular Japanese box has CG Snake boxart with tiny Konami logo below the age rating, but the disc had Shinkawa Snake face on a white background. I'm not sure if the disc art has changed since to CG Snake.

The back of the US LE has a picture of it's contents, you can find it somewhere in this thread, LOL.

hirokazu

MiamiWesker said:
Yikes, 2 days before MGS4, that has to hurt.
I was about to say the same. Being banned so close to release :lol

Oh well, I guess they can enjoy the game without feeling the need to post back here while playing... because they can't! And no more risk of spoilers unless they are roaming other sites.

To any GS emplyoees:

What kind of things are you giving away at the midnight launch? My GS gave out GTA shirts and stickers at the GTAIV launch.

chris0701

Off-topic,but intersting(?)

6/12 MGS 4 launcg party will be canceled,maybe relate to the crime event (killing spree in Akiba)on last sunday?

chris0701

The 6/12 MGS 4 launch party in Tokyo will be cancelled,maybe relate to the crime event (killing spree in Akiba)on last sunday?

I don't think my EB is doing a midnight launch, but I'll be getting it on Thursday evening after work. Then, on Friday, I may even take a break to see M. Night Shamalalamayas 'The Happening', pending reviews.

....but I have this weird vibe. It happened to me with Smash Bros Brawl. It's like my excitement level for this game has been so high over the past 2 years that now, mere days before the release, I feel a sort of calming. This is the first game I've really been able to avoid all media for, so I am really excited.

Does anyone know when the American websites will get their reviews up? Is there an NDA?

h3ro

GalacticAE said:
To any GS emplyoees:

What kind of things are you giving away at the midnight launch? My GS gave out GTA shirts and stickers at the GTAIV launch.

Kagari, do you know?

hirokazu

Hmm, seems like BlockBastard was indeed banned for all those pics on the last page. Didn't know mods were still looking in this thread..

Doc Evils

chris0701 said:

The 6/12 MGS 4 launch party in Tokyo will be cancelled,maybe relate to the crime event (killing spree in Akiba)on last sunday?

sucks:/

first spain with transport strike and now Japan with this killer. Sony really is having bad luck.

hirokazu

chris0701 said:

Wow, that sucks. Their official statement says it's been cancelled due to "various" circumstances, but the fact that only the Tokyo leg of the tour was cancelled seems to indicate the massacre as the reason.

These companies are fucking weak shits. I don't see how a massacre should mean an event should be cancelled when they're almost completely unrelated. A much better idea would be to remember and give respect to the victims briefly during the event, then carry on celebrating what people love.

chris0701

hirokazu said:
Wow, that sucks. Their official statement says it's been cancelled due to "various" circumstances, but the fact that only the Tokyo leg of the tour was cancelled seems to indicate the massacre as the reason.

These companies are fucking weak shits. I don't see how a massacre should mean an event should be cancelled when they're almost completely unrelated. A much better idea would be to remember and give respect to the victims briefly during the event, then carry on celebrating what people love.

It seems Konami is afraid to the media will take MGS 4 as a "violent type" game for objecting to the video game industry of Japan.

Criticizer from media always needs a target.

Laurent

brandonh83 said:
YOU MOTHER FUCKERS

SPIDERS ARE WORSE THAN SPOILERS

I'M ARACHNOPHOBIC

FUUUUUUUUCK
We need to change the thread title to "Metal Gear Solid 4 Official Thread - No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie - NO SPIDERS!!!" :lol

Laurent

MiamiWesker said:
Yikes, 2 days before MGS4, that has to hurt.
I don't get it... why some people that dared to replied to this thread were ban? Perhaps asking the question will get me banned?! *Runs*

hirokazu said:

I don't know about you guys, but my knife saw plenty of action in the MGO Beta. Any reporter could link the hundreds of "Knife Fight/Knife only" matches on the MGO servers with the Akiba massacre, even if they aren't related, and stir up a shit-storm.

After all, videogames are evil...Didn't you get that memo?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Gorechylde said:
I don't know about you guys, but my knife saw plenty of action in the MGO Beta. Any reporter could link the hundreds of "Knife Fight/Knife only" matches on the MGO servers with the Akiba massacre, even if they aren't related, and stir up a shit-storm.

After all, videogames are evil...Didn't you get that memo?
is the Japanese press really as prone as NA press to do this kind of stuff?

FabCam

Just going to say that I'm almost certain that the "surprise" that Ryan Payton was talking about is MGS1 on the store. Maybe if you buy the MGS4 game you'll get the MGS1 download for free?

FabCam said:
Just going to say that I'm almost certain that the "surprise" that Ryan Payton was talking about is MGS1 on the store. Maybe if you buy the MGS4 game you'll get the MGS1 download for free?
That would be amazingly cool.

Barrett2

dabookerman said:
I think all the bannings were from this thread

Wow... apparently the RPG/console wars are serious business.

As for a possible MGS1 - PSN download; that would be freaking amazing! Considering how many non-BC systems they are selling, a lot of PS3 owners can't buy the PS2 collection.

FabCam

darkressurection said:
That would be amazingly cool.

I may be totally wrong, but that's all I can think of. And since MGS1 has been released in Jap, it's bound to come out in other places and there's no better time than on MGS4 update day!

rikichi

chris0701 said:

6/12 MGS 4 launcg party will be canceled,maybe relate to the crime event (killing spree in Akiba)on last sunday?

that sucks.

since this happened, is there a possibility now that shinkawa will probably be at the NY and SF launch event?

hope so :D

Dante

Laurent said:
Anakin hates sand? The teenager or when he was a kid? This detail must have slipped my mind the only time I saw the prequels...

There's a famous, or infamous scene where he tells Padme he hates sand because it's rough and course, not soft like she is, or something to that effect. It's pretty much worse then it sounds :lol

Laurent said:
Anakin hates sand? The teenager or when he was a kid? This detail must have slipped my mind the only time I saw the prequels...

haha yeah, from Episode II

I hate sand. It's rough, and irritating... and it gets everywhere... :lol

I love the prequels (let's not start a fight here please) but that always cracks me up. It's pretty bad.

tha_con

Banned
Only 1,550 posts away from the promise land!

Come on folks.

To spur discussion: How many hours to you plan to immediately invest in MGS4 the moment you get home with it?

tha_con said:
To spur discussion: How many hours to you plan to immediately invest in MGS4 the moment you get home with it?

Honestly, I'm going to play until I absolutely have to pass out. I'm getting two energy drinks on the way home. And I don't work until Friday afternoon at 5pm so chances are I will have minimal sleep until I have to go to work.

h3ro

tha_con said:
Only 1,550 posts away from the promise land!

Come on folks.

Installing it as soon as I get home and playing an hour or so... :D (after mid-night launch)

Laurent

brandonh83 said:
haha yeah, from Episode II

I hate sand. It's rough, and irritating... and it gets everywhere... :lol

I love the prequels (let's not start a fight here please) but that always cracks me up. It's pretty bad.
The prequels aren't as bad as Harry Potter, for example... ;oP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom