• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

What is the highest difficulty level you ever achieved finishing a Metal Gear Solid game? I never surpassed (never tried) Normal mode, are enemies way tougher at Extreme or does it just affect radar or alert status?!

Alcahest

Hey guys, couple of REGION questions for whoever's got the game early.
About the Japanese MGS4, does it have english dub option? english subs option? (like MGS2S JP..)
(ie, does changing the PS3 XMB language change the in-game language, like most PS3 games do?)

About USA MGS4, can MGO be played/accessed from outside of the US or is it region locked like the beta was? (if servers are opened already, which i doubt, but we never know..)
(ie, is the MGO retail client on USA MGS4 discs region locked?)

Thanks,

Alcahest

Sallokin

tha_con said:
Only 1,550 posts away from the promise land!

Come on folks.

To spur discussion: How many hours to you plan to immediately invest in MGS4 the moment you get home with it?

From midnight to 5:30 when I have to go to work for a few hours, then home, nap for a few hours and back at it until Monday with intermittent breaks for sleep, bodily functions, exercise and food.

tha_con

Banned
I plan on playing about 4 hours, passing out for 4, waking up, and then play for 14.

Why stop at 14 Hours you say? Why, to urinate, deficate, then watch the R2 footage (at which point, if mind blowing, I will likely repeat said actions and proceed to get fresh pants).

Note: In case anyone's wondering about my time tables, I won't be able to get the game until Thursday evening.

tha_con said:

Come on folks.

To spur discussion: How many hours to you plan to immediately invest in MGS4 the moment you get home with it?

I will get it at midnight, as of now I have nothing to do on thursday so I will probably play for 3-4 hours, go to sleep, wake up and play all day.

Sallokin

tha_con said:
I plan on playing about 4 hours, passing out for 4, waking up, and then play for 14.

Why stop at 14 Hours you say? Why, to urinate, deficate, then watch the R2 footage (at which point, if mind blowing, I will likely repeat said actions and proceed to get fresh pants).

I completely forgot about the big R2 reveal! Damn I'm totally watching that as well.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Well, to help our post count along, I'll relate this:

I just held the CE in my hands! Walked into the local GS at lunch and the manager, a friend of mine, beckoned me over, reached into a nearby drawer, and pulled it out, handing it to me.

I love love LOVE the case for it, very nicely designed. Can't wait to go back Thursday and buy it.

tha_con said:

What?

FabCam said:
Midnight launch for Wednesday? Are you sure it's not tomorrow night.

3 to 4 hours of gametime once I get the game I meant.

Big Nate said:

I just held the CE in my hands! Walked into the local GS at lunch and the manager, a friend of mine, beckoned me over, reached into a nearby drawer, and pulled it out, handing it to me.

I love love LOVE the case for it, very nicely designed. Can't wait to go back Thursday and buy it.

What was the case made out of?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
tha_con said:

Come on folks.

About 6 or so hours. I have to work Thursday night unfortunately. :(

Lakitu

st5fu
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Oh wow, it's installing as I type. I don't think I've ever been as excited for a game before. And to think, last week I didn't even own a PS3 :lol

mgs4.jpg

Will update with impressions later this evening!

WHERE DID YOU GET YOURS?

tha_con said:

Come on folks.

I took Friday off of work so I plan to play until I literally cant process basic thought anymore.

Caj814

tha_con said:

Come on folks.

The day I get it is the last day of my college semester so like others said,I'll play until I pass out :lol

tha_con

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I took Friday off of work so I plan to play until I literally cant process basic thought anymore.

Make sure you save some strength so you can grasp and comprehend the greatness that will be the R2 footage on Friday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's not much left...!

I tried to watch all the retrospectives through the ps3 browser on gametrailers yesterday but alas it seems Sony's browser doesn't support any format that isn't youtube.

tha_con said:
Make sure you save some strength so you can grasp and comprehend the greatness that will be the R2 footage on Friday.

Holy shit!
I forgot all about that OMG!
Con I love you man best weekend ever!

Doc Evils

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Oh wow, it's installing as I type. I don't think I've ever been as excited for a game before. And to think, last week I didn't even own a PS3 :lol

mgs4.jpg

Will update with impressions later this evening!

congrats.

crunker99

Limited Edition Got For Review

ps3 tag: GamersReportsDM

u can check up on me if u don't believe, its installing now :) hopefully i can get thru a bunch today

mgs4legr.jpg

DunpealD

tha_con said:

Come on folks.

Planning on playing MGS4 on Thursday till I pass out with some breaks. After that I hope some GAFers are becoming active in MGO since I'm looking forward to play it again with some GAF comrades from the Beta time.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
GalacticAE said:
What was the case made out of?

Like hard, composite board-type material. I can't think of an example offhand, but it was like a book binding basically. The case was split 3/4 of the way from the top it looked like. It was unopened, of course, so I couldn't tell how it opened. It had a nice heft to it, that's for sure.

tha_con

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I tried to watch all the retrospectives through the ps3 browser on gametrailers yesterday but alas it seems Sony's browser doesn't support any format that isn't youtube.

Holy shit!
I forgot all about that OMG!
Con I love you man best weekend ever!

When you open it up, click the 'Download' Tab, and download as WMV, download in the BG, continue to surf.

You have to enable WMV playback, of course, but it works flawlessly.

Oh, and I concur, best freaking weekend in a LONG time.

crunker99 said:

u can check up on me if u don't believe, its installing now :) hopefully i can get thru a bunch today

You got the LE.

Pics please. I wanna know what the content's like.

Big Nate said:

Could you please, at least, post some photos? ;_;

tha_con said:
When you open it up, click the 'Download' Tab, and download as WMV, download in the BG, continue to surf.

You have to enable WMV playback, of course, but it works flawlessly.

Oh, and I concur, best freaking weekend in a LONG time.

Seriously! Excellent man Ill do that thanks.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
hidepsyence said:
Could you please, at least, post some photos? ;_;

Not from me, sorry. I only got to hold a sealed copy in my hand under the watchful eye of the GameStop manager, who obviously enjoyed taunting me with it.

Gen-X

Banned
Big Nate said:
Not from me, sorry. I only got to hold a sealed copy in my hand under the watchful eye of the GameStop manager, who obviously enjoyed taunting me with it.
It's a box correct nothing special right? Is it like the subsistence limited edition box where it just holds both things inside.

crunker99 said:

mgs4legr.jpg

Cool!!

Post the box itself please.

crunker99

dabookerman said:
You got the LE.

Pics please. I wanna know what the content's like.

here again:
mgs4legr.jpg

ok just the box coming up once sec... its behind the other 2 but here..

mgs4legr2.jpg

that should be all, notice the NO SPOILERS card haha

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Gen-X said:
It's a box correct nothing special right? Is it like the subsistence limited edition box where it just holds both things inside.

Hopefully crunker will post some pics, cause it's hard to describe. I was impressed by it, though. It isn't a simple, cheap box.

oh, that's it? What about the slipcase? Is it made of paper, or is it metal? So it's just the regular edition game, plus the second bd slipped in the sleeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom