• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sorry for being The Pain, but could you also post a pic of the back of the making of case aswell, and what's inside it <;o

Also, I did make a prediction that all the HGW tracks and the Ennio Morricone track were the ones in the soundtrack CD that comes with it, am I right? ;o

Marconelly said:
What is in that blue blu-ray disc case? I got the DVD with the exact same looking box art, and it was a Saga 2.0 disc.

It's a 2 hour making of documentary. Not the same as the Saga 2.0 disc.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'll be picking it up at midnight then play for 2 hours... I have Friday off so after Thursday's work day I'll be UP ALL NIGHT.

crunker99 said:
here again:
mgs4legr.jpg

ok just the box coming up once sec... its behind the other 2 but here..

I love you ;_;

@ Big Nate, thanks anyway : )

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does the top part of the LE box lock on some how, or just rest on top?

and is there any pictures of the gamestop artbook?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
While at the GameStop, a coworker who was with me started flipping through the MGS4 guide, which was laying unwrapped on the counter. I warned him immediately not to spoil any story stuff, of course, but he did mention something from the appendix of the guide that I wasn't aware of. I'm going to spoiler this despite it not being about the story (it deals with the game's music), just in case:

It listed a ton of music tracks, and said they were "Ipod" tracks, which seemed to indicate to me that you could copy them to an ipod, or perhaps download them elsewhere? It also mentioned that playing different tracks during different stages would change certain little things in the stage?

I'm baffled, perhaps it was talking about MGO... anyway, news to me.

tha_con

Banned
I'll be creating some custom MGS4 Box Art Post release, many of them, in fact. So those not happy with the included Box Art will be able to chose.

(One of them will be the CG closeup without the logo plastered on Snakes face).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"Warning Spoilers"

that's really funny actually :lol

Too bad we didn't have that anti-spoiler logo for the past few weeks. :lol

MortalMonkey said:
It looks like a pretty uninspired package. What a letdown.

Erm, it's pretty awesome. All comes in a box, with Shinkawa art on the front, a standalone MGS4 game case, the making-of documentaries get their own standalone Blu-ray case... tell me when was the last time this happened? usually bonus materials come in a paper sleeve wedged in the case somewhere.

BocoDragon

MortalMonkey said:
This LE probably isn't going to be all that limited either, is it? I mean, it certainly won't be 'Subsistence' limited, will it?
Yeah, at this point, I'm thinking it won't be very limited at all.

Probably about as limited as the FFXII Collector's Edition or DMC4 CE.

FabCam

DID YOU KNOW:

if you shoot the "!" that appear above the guards heads, they get confused and just stand there wondering why they were alarmed!

Carry it on :D

Dante

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I live in the UK, my friend works at a retailer so managed to secure me a copy earlier today.

I've only been playing for twenty minutes and I can already certifiably say it's the best game I've ever played.

:D

HondaF1Fanatic

Neo Member
I am wondering what the consensus is on how to get this day 1. I have a pre-order at TRU, but I would like to take advantage of either my BB rewards points or the $100 gift card at ChinaMart. My problem is that I am scheduled to work the night of the 11th at the hospital and won't be able to make it to any of these stores until 7:30am at the earliest. Will I be able to camp out that late at BB to get one or will there be any left at China Mart by then? I really don't want to have to wait till 10 when TRU opens to hope they have one in, they didn't know anything about it today when I went in and asked.

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I live in the UK, my friend works at a retailer so managed to secure me a copy earlier today.

I've only been playing for twenty minutes and I can already certifiably say it's the best game I've ever played.

there it is, folks.

BocoDragon

dabookerman said:
Wow, even the inner sleeve of the American box is just plain white. That's a shame.
Sony shouldn't have made the PSP and PS3 cases translucent if they couldn't mandate inner-sleeve art. Every single disc PS1 game managed to have art on the inside of the case, so what gives?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BocoDragon said:
Yeah, at this point, I'm thinking it won't be very limited at all.

Probably about as limited as the FFXII Collector's Edition or DMC4 CE.

I don't know, dude. We're only getting 1 (read: one) shipment of them AND we're already sold out on reserves for them.

BocoDragon said:
Sony shouldn't have made the PSP and PS3 cases translucent if they couldn't mandate inner-sleeve art. Every single disc PS1 game managed to have art on the inside of the case, so what gives?

yeah, THAT kind of sucks. oh well. pretty sure it's the last thing I'm going to be thinking about come tomorrow at midnight, but it would have been nice.

FabCam

BocoDragon said:

First party games always do but then it's up to the developer/publisher of third party games.

EDIT: also noticed something odd when I went into town today. GAME said they were out of stock of all PS3's which hasn't happened since launch. Yet they were advertising the bubdle like mad.

This isn't exactly on-topic, but it's about my MGS4 LE preorder so it's related, and I didn't get any answers in the other thread, hoping for better luck here:

1) If you cancel a Gamestop preorder, do they give you back whatever money you put down on the game?

2) How long does Gamestop reserve a pre-ordered copy before they sell it to someone else if the original person did not show up to claim it?

Dever

Banned
Ghost said:
So is the EU bundle (not the gun metal one) happening or not? I cant see it anywhere.

Me neither. I think you can't pre-order it from anywhere, you just have to be the first one at the store.

Kagari said:
I don't know, dude. We're only getting 1 (read: one) shipment of them AND we're already sold out on reserves for them.

I was just stopping into to actually ask you just that dude. I went to game stop to pick up my MGS4 headset (I got the only one in the store) and the GS clerk pulled out all of the copies of MGS4 with it.

After my erection subsided, I jokingly asked for a copy which he of course laughed and said no. He went on further to tell me that what I see is all they're getting for the release. He counted around 50 copies including the LE. Said that's how it is at all of the local GS in the area as well. A lot of midnighters are going to be pissed if they didn't preorder. Is is the same at yours?

Laurent

BocoDragon said:
What is worse, seing the white of the back of the art inside the case or seing a black or white matte plastic interior? Seriously, it's a non-issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom