• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I mentioned it in the other thread, but isn't it a little weird there's basically no TV advertising for the game yet, 2 days before it's release? At least that's how it seems to be in Canada. Even MGS3 got ads on channels like Spike and Space, and I haven't seen anything yet even on those.

Is the copy of MGS4 that comes with the Limited Edition sealed or no? Turns out I won't be able to get to Gamestop until friday, and I'll be buying the MGS4 PS3 bundle at midnight on wednesday. Therefore I was wondering if I would be able to return the copy that comes with the LE or sell it as new.

Naked Snake said:
This isn't exactly on-topic, but it's about my MGS4 LE preorder so it's related, and I didn't get any answers in the other thread, hoping for better luck here:

1) If you cancel a Gamestop preorder, do they give you back whatever money you put down on the game?

2) How long does Gamestop reserve a pre-ordered copy before they sell it to someone else if the original person did not show up to claim it?

1. yes, note that it you got the saga V2 disc you have to return it as well for a full refund
2. 48 hours i believe

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Naked Snake said:
This isn't exactly on-topic, but it's about my MGS4 LE preorder so it's related, and I didn't get any answers in the other thread, hoping for better luck here:

1) If you cancel a Gamestop preorder, do they give you back whatever money you put down on the game?

2) How long does Gamestop reserve a pre-ordered copy before they sell it to someone else if the original person did not show up to claim it?

1. You get your money back, yes.

2. 48 hours.

WinFonda

Safe Bet said:
Ok...

I decided.

LE = $85

SE = $60 + Free Strategy Guide

I'll see you Thursday morning Circuit City.

:D
Thats what I'm doing as well. Not sure if I should get over there early or what. My town isn't exactly the fastest on the uptake with these types of things.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Choke on the Magic said:
I was just stopping into to actually ask you just that dude. I went to game stop to pick up my MGS4 headset (I got the only one in the store) and the GS clerk pulled out all of the copies of MGS4 with it.

After my erection subsided, I jokingly asked for a copy which he of course laughed and said no. He went on further to tell me that what I see is all they're getting for the release. He counted around 50 copies including the LE. Said that's how it is at all of the local GS in the area as well. A lot of midnighters are going to be pissed if they didn't preorder. Is is the same at yours?

I heard something similar at my local eb, they only got 50 copies. Luckily I was the first 2 preorder two copies with THANKS to Kagari :)

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think 10,000 is looking mighty possible by launch. :D

We are going to blow past it, 9000 by tonight, another 1000 easy tomorrow. Then silence... then tons of posts.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Kagari said:
I don't know, dude. We're only getting 1 (read: one) shipment of them AND we're already sold out on reserves for them.
Hmmm interesting... since I have a pre-order slip for the LE right in front of me... let the bastard be rare then! I feel so elite.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Choke on the Magic said:
I was just stopping into to actually ask you just that dude. I went to game stop to pick up my MGS4 headset (I got the only one in the store) and the GS clerk pulled out all of the copies of MGS4 with it.

After my erection subsided, I jokingly asked for a copy which he of course laughed and said no. He went on further to tell me that what I see is all they're getting for the release. He counted around 50 copies including the LE. Said that's how it is at all of the local GS in the area as well. A lot of midnighters are going to be pissed if they didn't preorder. Is is the same at yours?

Yes, but supposedly we're getting overnighted some more regular copies for walk-ins on release day.

MiamiWesker said:
We are going to blow past it, 9000 by tonight, another 1000 easy tomorrow. Then silence... then tons of posts.
Especially if that poster shows up tonight talking about how Liquid is the dominant brother again. :lol

MiamiWesker said:

It's going to be hilarious on here tomorrow afternoon when everyone gets in line. Then

OH MAHA GAODDD I GOT THE PRECIOUSSSS1W2E12e!@!

Naked Snake said:

Yeah, they give you your money back, if that's what you want, but you'll probably have to fight tooth and nail to get it back. I know that sometimes, they try to convince you to keep your money there, like on other stuff. and I believe they hold reserves for 48 hours.

BocoDragon

FabCam said:
First party games always do but then it's up to the developer/publisher of third party games.
Hmmm interesting. If this was a Nintendo console that would be fine... but since we're talking about PlayStation like 99% of my games will be third-party and probably inner-sleeve art-less.

BocoDragon

Laurent said:
What is worse, seing the white of the back of the art inside the case or seing a black or white matte plastic interior? Seriously, it's a non-issue...
Non-issue to you maybe. I'm canceling my preorder!

tzare

Alcahest said:
About USA MGS4, can MGO be played/accessed from outside of the US or is it region locked like the beta was? (if servers are opened already, which i doubt, but we never know..)
(ie, is the MGO retail client on USA MGS4 discs region locked?)

Thanks,

Alcahest
anyone knows?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Choke on the Magic said:

Same with my local GS. Manager said they were getting exactly 60 regular copies, 4 of which were extras. He didn't say how many CE's he got.

FabCam

Crisis said:
I asked this some pages ago. Anyone know the answer?

I assume so. First off Kojima said he wanted to implement a reward scheme in MGS4. Plus FW2.4 is coming out soonish and includes trophies.

Costanza

Banned
PIMPBYBLUD said:
1. yes, note that it you got the saga V2 disc you have to return it as well for a full refund
No you don't. I was able to cancel my backup preorder just fine without giving it back.

tha_con

Banned
Costanza said:
I wish the game cover was what's on the Blu-ray case. I love that art.

One of the covers I'm working on now is a slight variation of that, but I'll be sure to have one pretty much like that, in case you desire to print it out :D

DrBo42

Laurent said:
Or let's talk about Solid's dyed hair...
Noooo. In other news, I just got the LE strat guide. The quality of this book is quite amazing, totally worth the purchase. The art at the back and the Shinkawa lithograph are gorgeous, you can tell a lot of love went into this. I dare not dive into the walkthrough section, but I'm so tempted to see what's in store for us.

Laurent

DrBo42 said:
Noooo. In other news, I just got the LE strat guide. The quality of this book is quite amazing, totally worth the purchase. The art at the back and the Shinkawa lithograph are gorgeous, you can tell a lot of love went into this. I dare not dive into the walkthrough section, but I'm so tempted to see what's in store for us.
So this Strategy Guide is free when you pick up your copy at GameStop, or did I missunderstood?

Zeke said:
how rare do you guys the LE guides are going to be after launch?
Devil May Cry 4 LE are still available at my local GameStop...

M3wThr33

Banned
You can cross sorrowstiq off the list of safe sites, if you didn't already.
Their SPLINTER CELL blurb has an MGS4 spoiler.

Fuck.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Zeke said:
how rare do you guys the LE guides are going to be after launch?

ala MGS3:Subsisitence

IMO

I checked wit ha couple of eb/gs and they all pretty much said 1 order =50 and there not sure if they are getting another shipment.

Laurent said:
So this Strategy Guide is free when you pick up your copy at GameStop, or did I missunderstood?

Devil May Cry 4 LE are still available at my local GameStop...

yeah but I don't think it was ever meant to really be limited :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DrBo42 said:

I order my LE guide on 6/5...still in Louisville??? Stupid UPS. YEAH YEAH, I know I went for the Cheap 5-10 day delivery...doesn't mean you can't get here quicker!!!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So, which stores are getting the bundle in on Thurs?

I know Walmart, Gamestop, and Best Buy are all confirmed. I need backup plan after backup plan in order to make sure I can snag one.

Safe Bet

Banned
Laurent said:
I don't think so.

The only offer for free strategy guides I know of is from Circuit City and its for the SE version.

I may be wrong though...

That makes me think of something.

Why two versions of the strategy guide?

If the SE and LE differ from each other in game content, I'm going to be fucking pissed.

NeoUltima

Lonestar said:
I order my LE guide on 6/5...still in Louisville??? Stupid UPS. YEAH YEAH, I know I went for the Cheap 5-10 day delivery...doesn't mean you can't get here quicker!!!
Wow, same exact situation as me. We even ordered on the same day :lol .

people always freak out about where to find big games. You know what? CIRCUIT CITY has never failed me. I walked in for Halo 3, Super Smash, GTA4, Bioshock all the day of release to find plenty of copies. When I go to the Gamestops around the area they are like "DID YOU PRE-ORDER??? WE'RE SOLD OUT AND NOBODY ELSE IN MIAMI HAS IT. WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER SHIPMENT IN THREE WEEKS"

I'm goin to Pearl Jam tommorow night, and stroll into Circuit City on Thursday and game all weekend. No need to stress.

Laurent

Safe Bet said:
I don't think so.

The only offer for free strategy guides I know of is from Circuit City and its for the SE version.

I may be wrong though...

That makes me think of something.

Why two versions of the strategy guide?

If the SE and LE differ from each other in game content, I'm going to be fucking pissed.
But weren't there a GameStop printed artbook or something among those lines planned?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
NeoUltima said:
Wow, same exact situation as me. We even ordered on the same day :lol .

4or973p.gif

I really want to see what the in game IPOD will play... :( TOO MUCH TIME....

Guess I should go take a vacation day for Friday.

BocoDragon

Zeke said:
damn it I don't get payed untill friday and I have just enough cash to cover my pre-order.
I'm that poor AND I'm kicked out of my place 3 days after the game comes out. I'm in a personal crisis situation, but do you think that's gonna stop me from MGS4? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom