• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
TheJollyCorner said:
ARGHHHHHH! I went into GameStop today to pay off the final amount of my prepay and they had like 40 copies of the LE sitting behind the register.

"Better be careful tempting people like that..." I said with a forced chuckle, hoping his answer would be 'oh, you just wanna take yours home today?'. Not what I got.

"Haha I know d00d... gotta put those in the back!" was his response.

All I could think of was "you fucking cock..."

eat a dick Konami... for releasing this goddamn game a day after normal releases and/or being so fucking strict on street dates. :(

Freaking Konami and their bull, they should fucking released the game on fucking Tuesday like everyother fucking company!

BocoDragon said:
I agree... In some ways FFVII was as nerdy and niche as FF ever was in America, but just exposing its strange new CG world to the MTV crowd was enough to make it a mega-hit.

I think MGS4 features similar "HOLY SHIT WOW" imagery that if exposed to the clueless masses, they would be interested, regardless of if they deep down "get it".

Gekkos, Raiden, military shit. It's impressive looking stuff!
This. Konami and Sony are really dropping the ball with their lack of advertising for this game and it will come back to bite them in their asses,

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
dabookerman said:
God sake. I am sitting here, waiting for my Mum to come home. I want to show her the ending :_;

You'd spoil your own mother? heartless.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
polyh3dron said:
This. Konami and Sony are really dropping the ball with their lack of advertising for this game and it will come back to bite them in their asses,

I have yet to see and add on T.V yet so yeah they are droping the ball big time. I do watch Adult Swim, Sci-fi, History C, Discovery, ESPN, TNT, Comedy Central and yet nothing. You think Sony or Konami would of learned from the type of advertising that went into Halo 3, Assassins Creed or Call of Duty 4.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I totally agree on the lack of advertisements (i've seen one though). Look at how Assassins Creed dominated, even though it was an average game (i enjoyed it). All you need is some badass battlefield scenes of Snake in slow-mo with "Here's to You" as the background music.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
TheJollyCorner said:
eat a dick Konami... for releasing this goddamn game a day after normal releases and/or being so fucking strict on street dates. :(
I'm glad they're strict on street dates. I've been finding over the past decade, or so, that even major titles often show up before or waaay after the street date, and it's annoying. Even early releases are annoying since you never know that it will happen or not, and you can't properly plan for it with money and time. I'll wait as long as it takes, so long as I'm guaranteed the game on a particular day.

BocoDragon said:
You'd spoil your own mother? heartless.

I just want to show her, so when she finishes watching it, she will be completely baffled at what she watches, then she would just go downstairs and watch her soaps.

Mromson

GT Metal Gear Retrospective - Part 5 should be posted within the next hour or two. The Video is being compressed atm. :D This one will be only about 19min long.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Mromson said:
GT Metal Gear Retrospective - Part 5 should be posted within the next hour or two. The Video is being compressed atm. :D This one will be only about 19min long.

Damn it took a while for this one. Then again the games they are using are handhealds.

Laurent said:
You could have act innoncent and asking for you copy. Perhaps you reminded him that he wasn't supposed to sell these already with your "better be carefull" crap... ;oP

except the guy was the manager and not prone to the 'ignorance is bliss' philosophy. For a brief second I was just hoping he'd be cool about the fact that he has like 40 copies of the fucking game in plain sight and give me one. Oh to dream... :D :(

I did finally get a Dualshock 3 today, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dabookerman said:
I just want to show her, so when she finishes watching it, she will be completely baffled at what she watches, then she would just go downstairs and watch her soaps.
:lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im so lucky.
MGS4 LE was out of stock at store i ordered, untill today They had a copy left and offered me the LE, ofc i took it :D

tha_con

Banned
bloody pirate said:
I think this thread has the potential to pass halo 3's official thread in views.. its at 1,815,044 and this thread is allready at 514k and its hasent even been 2 weeks.. hmm well see really soon i suppose

Deepblue in 5..4..3..2..

Can anyone at retail answer this? I was wondering about how many of the MGS 4 Bluetooth headsets retailers would be getting. The price at Best Buy has me wanting to get on.

Zeke

I have some slim hope of getting that LE guide the GS by my house is usually dead so maybe I'll get lucky and find a copy *crosses fingers*

Mromson

Bulla564 said:
Question:

have any of the retrospectives shown ANY MGS4 footage? if they have, I will not watch them.
None of them have any Metal Gear Solid 4 footage. All of the Retrospectives are about the already released Metal Gear games and how they fit in the Metal Gear universe.

tha_con

Banned
Anyone at GS have the SKU for the LE Guide?

I called the one I work at, and naturally those guy's are clueless (no idea). If I can find the SKU I can ask them to look it up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiduz said:
Im so lucky.
MGS4 LE was out of stock at store i ordered, untill today They had a copy left and offered me the LE, ofc i took it :D
Grats!

evil ways

Jesus, just 2 days to go and I still haven't upgraded my PS3's hard drive. I have a feeling the 5gb It has left won't be enough for mgs4 :(

Time to act fast.

Zeke

FabCam said:
Whilst you guys in America are getting the game 2 days late, in the UK we're getting it 1 day early :D
go you eat your fish and chips you bloody wanker.....did i say it right? >_>

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
krackerjack said:
With the launch so close I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into the crazy train that was the E307 Killzone thread:D

Ahh good times!

My guess is that the crazies are saving up their ammo for tomorrow!

I wish we had more funny gifs going around in this thread.

scoobs said:
PS3 just came in today, gotta figure out what games to buy other than MGS4.
You'll hear about all the obvious ones but, since they are cheaper now, get
Resistance (GAF clan does it 3 times a week.
SuperStarDust HD
FolkLore
MotorStorm
HotShotsGolf 5 (still 60 but wroth every penny)

If you don't have a 360 already, stanglehold and bladestorm and great if you get them cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom