• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of me showing my mum was to show myself the direct contrast between someone like you guys and my mum..
Oh this will be fun, watching you guys play it. Will be like watching a baby being born...

Actually, that's gross. It will be like watching someone have sex for the first time, and then blowing their load too early, only to reload a minute later, and blow their load again, and by the time they finish the girl will be covered in a thin veneer of man stain.

That will be you guys.

Darkpen

Banned
dabookerman said:
The point of me showing my mum was to show myself the direct contrast between someone like you guys and my mum..
Oh this will be fun, watching you guys play it. Will be like watching a baby being born...

Actually, that's gross. It will be like watching someone have sex for the first time, and then blowing their load too early, only to reload a minute later, and blow their load again, and by the time they finish the girl will be covered in a thin veneer of man stain.

That will be you guys.
that's hoooorrible D:

BobTheFork said:
lol Anyone who has read this thread should be obligated to give Bruce your early copy. I'd say he's earned it. Then send me a spare one for the hell of is will ya?

Bob..I like the way you think bro. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
5 minutes left! Holy shit.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong >_>

SamuraiX-

dabookerman said:

That will be you guys.

Dear Lord!

Now I'm hella horny AND ridiculously hyped.

:lol :lol :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
Limited Edition Strategy Guide Pics
airplane.jpg

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to be broke."

GalacticAE said:
I'll have to do without rumble since I can't afford a DS3. :(
Buy.com occasionally has them for $35 with free shipping if you use google checkout for the first time, you can just create a new gmail account if you've used it before. Also, I heard theres a promotion where you get DS3 for $31 at Walmart if you purchase it with a game. I wonder if you can just return the game afterward? or just buy MGS4 from Walmart? Check CAG.

Luckily I was able to sell my sixaxis controllers on ebay for $30 right before the release of DS3. So I only had to add a few bucks to upgrade to DS3.

Zeke

also why hell don't we have white DS3's in the states yet ? I want a black and white one get to work on that sony chop chop!

Just called my GS:

"You guys selling the LE MGS4 guide early?"

GS: "Yes we are"

"You have any left?" (I thought this was a dumb question since he seemed to impose that they had them and were selling them currently)

GS: "*chuckle* Actually no. We're all sold out. Try again tomorrow, we may get a shipment."

GAH!

By the way. After you guys start the game, and pass the opening credits bit. Save the game, and watch the briefing from the Title Menu. You never see the first Briefing for some reason, I only watched it for the first time today, it's worth it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The time is 00:01! I'LL BE PLAYING MGS4 TOMORROW :D :D :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dabookerman said:
By the way. After you guys start the game, and pass the opening credits bit. Save the game, and watch the briefing from the Title Menu. You never see the first Briefing for some reason, I only watched it for the first time today, it's worth it.
Interesting. That's just like how it was in MGS1 I think.

Yoshichan

BeeDog said:
Yay, my copy has been shipped, if I'm lucky I'll get it today. :D
Snaaaaap :lol

.nimrod

Screw you gaf, for making me order the LE guide! D:

Usually, i never buy strategy guides cause that's what the internet is for. But THIS time the LE is way too awesome, and i got it for 13,82€ + shipping new on the amazon.de marketplace :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dabookerman said:

I was reading about that in the official guide yeah. But is that briefing "unlocked" even if u just complete the game? I mean, do you HAVE TO save at that point you mention and go to the title menu to unlock it?

dabookerman said:
I think MSG1 did this. I remember playing the game much later and seeing a 'new' briefing that played when you left it at the title scree for a bit.

I watched my friend play MGS4 ( which he got two days early, lucky sob! ) for about three hours today. It was awesome. Not ground-breaking or mind-blowing, but entertaining and pretty darn spectacular anyway. Can't wait to get my own copy sometime in the near future.

Darkpen

Banned
Y2Kev said:
guide-5.jpg

who poses like this? rockstars do.
that's actually a photo from a collection of photos that were taken way back at the beginning of MGS4's development. The background for both photos (this and the other one that has two other producers, I believe, and involves giant pillars in an underground area) are from some place that I have no idea where, but you can actually see them in a recently news thingy in Mainichi Isshyo. I was going through Mainichi Isshyo recently, and I instantly recognized the background they used for one of Kojima's photoshoots.

however, I can't seem to be able to find said photo. If anyone remembers, it was the one where they were all standing all stylish and stuff in a big underground tunnel-like place, and it was black and white.

Yoshichan

BeeDog said:
You should have ordered from CDON, I always get my games one day before the retail date from there. ;)
Bah :(!

Kastro

Banned
this is gonna sound really retarded but does the game release tomorrow or thursday? I keep seeing 12th but games dont usually come out that late in the week do they?

Kastro said:
this is gonna sound really retarded but does the game release tomorrow or thursday? I keep seeing 12th but games dont usually come out that late in the week do they?
Yes, and its thurday. The extra day is because of the worldwide release.
So what does everyone expect for world-wide day one sales? I'd say a mill is possible, very possible actually.

SamuraiX-

Lé Blade Runner said:
I watched my friend play MGS4 ( which he got two days early, lucky sob! ) for about three hours today. It was awesome. Not ground-breaking or mind-blowing, but entertaining and pretty darn spectacular anyway. Can't wait to get my own copy sometime in the near future.

Awesome.

Just a simple question for you though. What was the last game you played that you found to be ground-breaking or mind-blowing?

TTP said:
I was reading about that in the official guide yeah. But is that briefing "unlocked" even if u just complete the game? I mean, do you HAVE TO save at that point you mention and go to the title menu to unlock it?

I just mean, saving it after the title then watching it before the start of the act 1 would make more sense. It's available right at the start so.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I can't believe I'm buying an actual PS3 exclusive third party game. Everything else I've been interested in has defected to multiplatform. Nothing wrong with that, but until now I had been second guessing not getting a 360 instead. I bought the last of the 60Gb models like 8 months ago and since then it's been a shiny promise machine with no games bought :lol

BocoDragon said:
I can't believe I'm buying an actual PS3 exclusive third party game. Everything else I've been interested in has defected to multiplatform. Nothing wrong with that, but until now I had been second guessing not getting a 360 instead. I bought the last of the 60Gb models like 8 months ago and since then it's been a shiny promise machine with no games bought :lol
Wait, you didn't buy games JUST because they went multiplatform?
facepalm.jpg

SamuraiX-

So I'm kinda pissed off right now.

After examining the plastic case, I noticed that it doesn't include a connecting cable that allows me to charge the controller... what kind of fucking bullshit is this? I paid $55 + tax for this damn thing and it doesn't even include a charging cable?

Tell me this is true for all DualShock 3 controllers when you buy them and my GameStop didn't just rip me off.

Damn all of you are playing this. Lucky bastards:D . On the flip side I've been testing out my MGS4 BT headset. Played about an hour of Sabotage on CoD4 and it works flawlessly and is quite comfortable too.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
SamuraiX- said:
So I'm kinda pissed off right now.

After examining the plastic case, I noticed that it doesn't include a connecting cable that allows me to charge the controller... what kind of fucking bullshit is this? I paid $55 + tax for this damn thing and it doesn't even include a charging cable?

Tell me this is true for all DualShock 3 controllers when you buy them and my GameStop didn't just rip me off.
True for all, unfortunately.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
1) Take your time. Investigate and experiment. DO NOT RUSH. This is a game about freedom, which is a double edge sword you know.

2) Take a look at the in game manual that teaches all the controls. Otherwise you'll be clueless about how to pull off 50% of Old Snake coolest moves (CQC, death faking and so on).

3) Once you have finished the game once, play it again for more experimentations, looking for secrets and stuff (which actually do add to the experience, so u'd miss out if u dont). Game has an *impressive* amount of *meaningful* bonus content.

4) Play again on harder difficulty levels. The harder the challenge the funnier the experience. No frustration. Just more FUN.

5) Go for the various "emblems" as they force u to play in new ways. Some of them grant you other meaningful bonuses.

Just saying...

Chamber said:
I wish all you guys would stop posting about getting the game early. Fuck.

30atmh3.gif

I had the OK to take home a copy of MGS4 today cause I work retail from my manager yesterday. But when I got in my store in the morning my manager got fired and was replaced with a new guy while I was working. Now I got to get it at midnight with everyone else. 8*(
At least it will be signed by Kojima.:D

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
TTP said:
1) Take your time. Investigate and experiment. DO NOT RUSH. This is a game about freedom, which is a double edge sword you know.

2) Take a look at the in game manual that teaches all the controls. Otherwise you'll be clueless about how to pull off 50% of Old Snake coolest moves (CQC, death faking and so on).

3) Once you have finished the game once, play it again for more experimentations, looking for secrets and stuff (which actually do add to the experience, so u'd miss out if u dont). Game has an *impressive* amount of *meaningful* bonus content.

4) Play again on harder difficulty levels. The harder the challenge the funnier the experience. No frustration. Just more FUN.

5) Go for the various "emblems" as they force u to play in new ways. Some of them grant you other meaningful bonuses.

Just saying...

6. Replay all the games AGAIN then MGS4 again to see all the puzzle pieces fall into place.

Work for me when i replayed them all again, sat there going OHHHHHHHH so thats what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom