• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid questions (SPOILERS)

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I've replayed Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes again, but there are soime thing that I just don't understand. Firstly, The DARPA cheif talks about a PAL system that prevents the terrorists from launching. Is that PAL system for the nuclear warhead or is it for Metal Gear REX? If it is for the nuclear warhead, how did the DARPA chief and armstech president know the password for the nuke. The terrorists could have picked out a nuke at random and have used that.

Also, When Otacon tells you that there is a module that holds 8 missiles on Metal Gear REX, is that module meant to hold nuclear warheads or just standard missles.

Lastly, If Liquid needed Snake to activate the launch, why did everyone try to kill him?

Bregor

psycho_snake said:
I've replayed Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes again, but there are soime thing that I just don't understand. Firstly, The DARPA cheif talks about a PAL system that prevents the terrorists from launching. Is that PAL system for the nuclear warhead or is it for Metal Gear REX? If it is for the nuclear warhead, how did the DARPA chief and armstech president know the password for the nuke. The terrorists could have picked out a nuke at random and have used that.

Also, When Otacon tells you that there is a module that holds 8 missiles on Metal Gear REX, is that module meant to hold nuclear warheads or just standard missles.

Lastly, If Liquid needed Snake to activate the launch, why did everyone try to kill him?

The code is for the nuclear warheads. Both the codes of the Darpa chief and Armstech President were needed for launch. They tortured the code out of the Armstech President, but the Darpa chief died during interrogation before talking (and was replaced by Decoy Octopus). (Side note: Ocelot almost certainly killed the Darpa chief on purpose, since he was actually working for Solidus/The Patriots, who didn't want a nuclear launch.)

Without the codes, they terrorists were unable to launch a nuke. They hatched a plan to trick Snake into getting the necessary keys to authorize without the code, foreseeing that he would receive help that would be unavailable to them. Part of this was making sure that Snake felt he was fighting them- if there had been no opposition, he would have realized something was wrong.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
yeah, but is there a specific detonation code for every nuclear warhead or are they all the same? If each detonation code is different, then it must have been a very big coincidence that the DARPA cheif and the armstech president knew the codes of the warhead the terrorists planned to use.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
MGS has one of those stories that seems interesting at first, but the more you think about it, the less sense it makes.... kinda like the two Mission: Impossible movies. Very little of what happened in the game is plausible in real life. I recommend just turning your brain off and enjoying the game for what it is.

Tenguman

JJConrad said:
MGS has one of those stories that seems interesting at first, but the more you think about it, the less sense it makes.... kinda like the two Mission: Impossible movies. Very little of what happened in the game is plausible in real life. I recommend just turning your brain off and enjoying the game for what it is.
At least it's more plausible than MGS2 lol

FoneBone said:
Yeah, MGS' story is incredibly overrated.

It's not overrated, it just gets too much credit for being more "realistic" than MGS2's. Neither are realistic and that's just how it is. They aren't meant to be either.

FoneBone

SolidSnakex said:
It's not overrated, it just gets too much credit for being more "realistic" than MGS2's. Neither are realistic and that's just how it is. They aren't meant to be either.
No, I just meant that it's convoluted (not in a good way) and melodramatic.

Top Bottom