• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug 3-D Scans

meta00.jpg

meta01.jpg

CrisKre

This is blasphemy!!!! *shakes fist in the air*

(and no, I wasn't one of the people who said metroid in 3D would suck)

Matlock

Banned
If by "fecking terrible," you mean something everyone would like if it weren't carrying the Slug namesake, then yes.

Kudos on the XLR nick, by the way.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yep, it's still looking like ass.

If by "fecking terrible," you mean something everyone would like if it weren't carrying the Slug namesake, then yes.

Have you SEEN the larger shots? It looks like a low budget Dreamcast game. Very very ugly...

Matlock said:

No. I meant terrible, rubbish, arse, crap, poo, obnoxious, ugly, dissapointing etc. For which I thought 'fecking terrible' was apt shorthand.

Still, maybe there's time for improvement?

Kudos on the XLR nick, by the way.

Thanks... er, XLR?

Matlock

Banned
dark10x said:

Have you SEEN the larger shots? It looks like a low budget Dreamcast game. Very very ugly...

Yeah I have. Looks like Advance Wars: Under Fire. :p

belgurdo

Banned
dark10x said:

The game is hardly ugly. Empty, maybe, but no worse than your average mid-budget third gen PS2 game. And like Matlock said, it really looks Cube Wars, which isn't nearly getting as much flak. It's pretty much the name that's generating the hate

^^^ Dark, you are diluting your screenshot worth ^^^

Who made this decision?

Who was presented with Metal Slug in 3D concept shots and said:
"I like where this is heading."

It defies the purest logic.

This is an authentic Crime Against Videogames.

jarrod

Banned
Yeah modeling's too good and texturing's too bad to really be cheapo DC games. More like cheapo PS2. :p

Kuju needs to die. Painfully.

Andy787 said:
I feel like chopping my dick off and eating it for breakfast whenever I look at this game.

:(

Then why do you keep coming in these threads?

I think it looks alright. I definitely want to play it :)

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Not to get all heretical, but I'm really not thinking this looks so gutwrenchingly terrible. The FMV character models look great, very true to their spritely equivalents, and I think I'll wait until I see something other than 5 shots of the same single street until I damn the talent behind it.

jarrod

Banned
brandonnn said:
and I think I'll wait until I see something other than 5 shots of the same single street until I damn the talent behind it.
It's being made by Mega Corperation, the fine folks who brought us Metal Slug 4. :/

Honestly though, I don't think it looks too bad either... it's way better than Advance Wars GC at any rate.

XS+

Banned
3D or no 3D, SNKP needs to give Metal Slug a rest. Make a new Ikari Warriors or something else ffs..

Or *gasp* try making an entirely original game like SNK used to do..

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I like it, glad it retains the character of the 2d version.

Im sick of the 2d games so im glad they are trying something a bit different.

ohamsie

As an Nbot, I think Advance Wars on GC looks VERY UGLY.

This wouldn't be too bad, it just doesn't fit with Metal Slug very well.

You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. I'm going to remain optimistic about this game just to be in the minority :-\

SORRY, But this looks terrible. Have you seen it moving? The gameplay vids from E3 made it look like the most boring game ever made.

It's time to innovate
The less said about that comment the better. 3D=innovate? Please.

Ideal scenario?

metal3.jpg

meets...

10.jpg

callous

I want to make excuses for this game. I want to say things like "maybe it'll be fun and maybe the atmosphere will be true to the series" etc etc, but when I look at the full-size screen shots I just can't bring myself to make excuses.

Top Bottom