• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro VR. Quest 3 vs PCVR. Jaw dropping

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
When you see this and you see the Hitman game on Q3 it makes you wonder what the Hitman devs have been doing.

This and the Batman game look stellar.

Minsc

Gold Member
It looks good for Quest 3, but to me it looks like it's clearly designed with Quest hardware in mind. Differences/improvements are visible, as always in PSVR2/PC footage, but it definitely looks pretty competent on the Quest 3.

Still, it looks like a game I'd want an OLED headset for, well one without mura issues. Oh well.

Danknugz

It looks good for Quest 3, but to me it looks like it's clearly designed with Quest hardware in mind. Differences/improvements are visible, as always in PSVR2/PC footage, but it definitely looks pretty competent on the Quest 3.

Still, it looks like a game I'd want an OLED headset for, well one without mura issues. Oh well.
i was about to say the same thing, if they put the sam effort into the pc version it would look that much better. facebook definitely pulls some strings to make quest 3 look as good if not better than pcvr, this is exactly what they did with onward. they bought out the onward dev team and forced them to literally downgrade the graphics so quest 3 wouldn't look as bad; instead of allowing better graphics options n the pcvr version, they forced parity.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Will buy for PC, even when I have quest, just the heat alone, would made me play in shorter sessions...

Huge downgrade and I say that as someone who owns a quest 3. Lighting, volumetrics, geometry are all significantly downgraded which takes away from the atmosphere. On quest 3, it looks like an early ps3 game. Its far better than hitman but playing this game on quest 3 is the inferior way to play it. Especially for a game that specializes in dark environments, it's gotta be oled or nothing.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Quest looks a generation behind the PCVR version, but given the performance gap it's pretty damn impressive for sure.

I wasn't crazy about 4A's previous VR game, Arktika.1. Similar on paper, but it had a lot of early VR-itis.

Wonko_C

It's cool to see more and more big games coming out on a more consistent basis. Even Quest 2 is capable of doing games with story campaigns that stand toe to toe with any console game, graphics aside. It only needs more output from AA and AAA studios, and I say that as someone who loves indie games.

Last edited:

Romulus

The most impressive thing is the quest 3 port wasn't built around quest 3, its still anchored to the quest 2.
Batman and Alien aren't attached to Quest 2. Still, Metro will probably improve going forward. I was reading the Quest 3 version is earliest in development.

phant0m

Pretty impressive for a standalone game. It's pretty much the same thing as any Switch versus console release. It's the cost of portability.
to which I pay gladly here, since you can always link the quest to your PC via cable for those crispy visuals.

but playing wire-free is 1000% better imo

Top Bottom