• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Metal fully released (GOOD remixes)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.metroidmetal.com/

Go to song section and download mp3's.

The guy apparently got done in the last day or so. These remixes are by far some of the best ones I have ever heard from a non company funded project. Fantastic!

Nintendo should hire this guy. I'm not even a huge Metroid fan but I recognize every tune and they are awesome remakes. There's even some technical prowess displayed with some off-times here and there.

God I love Brinstar and Kraid so much, these are awesome, all of them. Gosh, I just heard the item collect rendition. Amazing.

This shit is completely top notch. Nice to see the remix scene see some life again (nothing has really sparked my interested for the last year or two... not sure if anyone feels the same way).

And it's nice to finally get an mp3 of the intro track; I really liked hearing it during the intros of all those Metroid2002 speed run vids.

Hooker

Man, This is fucking awesome.

I heard some pretty weak amateur stuff like 2 years ago, but this is sick shit. me = happy

I hate to be the token hater, but here goes!

This guy is way better sounding than most game cover bands, but still seems kinda amateurish to me. The clean guitar parts, which pop up far too often, sound like shit -- especially at the end of the Brinstar track, which would've been just great without it. There's no bass at all in any of the songs from what I can tell, which really would've added to the tunes. It's just guitar over guitar over guitar over guitar. The drums are canned (midi), which is understandable though a bit of a cop-out. Also, the spoken/sung parts are totally out of place and sound idiotic, especially on the last track. The arrangements aren't bad, though it sounds like he's been listening to way too much Dream Theatre; the constantly switching odd time signatures sound totally forced to me.

Of course, it's still great overall. I just think all the claims that this guy is "god-like" (on his message board) are really pushing it. He sure aint bad for a kid with a 4-track, though. I should probably stop trying to rain on his parade and just be happy that someone is rocking ass at least decently well, since it's so much better than "The Advantage" and almost all of the other game cover projects out there.

These are by Stemage, an IGN Boards regular. He started this project in April of 2003 (at least according to the created on date of the first released MP3, I followed the project from the very beginning)! It's amazing to see it finally done... he's quite a talent!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I don't know why, but when the song really kicked in for the Metroid Metal Theme I started laughing. But yeah, it's pretty good... not my taste though.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i just realised what these Metroid Metal songs remind me of... F-Zero GX music.

edit: especially the brinstar theme.

Top Bottom