• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes -- Commercial

Mrbob

Is this the commercial I saw last night where Nintendo continued the heritage of live action cheese with two seconds of gameplay footage?

Ugh. Hideos commecial. Samus walking down an alley ARMOR COMING ON, COMING OFF, TA SHOTS OMG HI 2 U. Bleh.

Tenguman

i wanna do samus

Though I dunno wtf is with Nintendo's marketing. Why can't they do a cool stylish commercial based on gameplay like NoJ did for MP?? They always have to stick in 25seconds on live action junk and 5 seconds of actual game.

at least this one is better than MP's main commercial

aoi tsuki

Better than the first commercial, which was fanboy camptacular. Samus could've been hotter though.

Andy787 said:
iawtp

That said, why did they make the armor all metallic? That looks like cock. They should've kept with Samus's vg color scheme.
Yellow, orange, and red? Seriously, that's gotta be the gamer in you talking. Although, if they can superimpose actors over their characters romping through game worlds juxtapose music that doesn't fit with the content, i guess they could go with the actual Samus color scheme.

AirBrian

aoi tsuki said:
Samus could've been hotter though.
:lol When she first appeared, I thought it was that guy from the White Zombie-Metroid/GE2:RA/RE4 commercial. Maybe it's just the hairstyle.

WarPig

I wish Samus had short hair. It doesn't make sense she's got all that blond hair stuffed under the helmet. That "Illustrated Samus" illo Retro did back in the day got it right, short back and sides. Looked real nice.

DFS.

Matlock

Banned
Mrbob said:
Is this the commercial I saw last night where Nintendo continued the heritage of live action cheese with two seconds of gameplay footage?

Ugh. Hideos commecial. Samus walking down an alley ARMOR COMING ON, COMING OFF, TA SHOTS OMG HI 2 U. Bleh.

Obviously you didn't get it. The armor was forming in the dark, and didn't show up in the light.

Two worlds!

u_neek

HAWT!

Samus ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->* -------------------------> Master Chief

Screw Halo 2!

It's arite I suppose. It gets your attention. The thing is, Nintendo should be making two sets of commercials for their games. Once with the live action stuff and whatnot, the other with gameplay footage. This game is too pretty and impressive to be kept underwraps to the mainstream.

need highrez version. When is IGN updating? Not sure about the ad.. I envisioned it differently. My version in my head was way more aggressive; larger plates of metal and she sure wasn't walking like that. I wasn't sure about the ass shots and the model walk.

Prine

Banned
not bad, like the metallic ass shot.

music was shit though, sounds like something out of a Yukes WWE game

Tritroid

Woah

Not at the commercial though, check out the new cutscene. It's the first movie listed under MP2 movies. Samus finds a log that tells of exactly what happened when the federation marines arrived.

Classic music...and there's voice acting! wee!

COCKLES

being watched
u_neek said:
HAWT!

Samus ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->* -------------------------> Master Chief

Screw Halo 2!

Just MC saying 'I need a weapon' in the Halo 2 trailer gave me more wood then a thousand crackwhore Samus's.

mumu

Commercial is good, i like the idea. The voice of the woman is meh though. Haters please go hating in the 8.5 thread.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't the Metroid trolls be playing Halo 2 right now?

olubode said:
Shouldn't the Metroid trolls be playing Halo 2 right now?

They already finished halo 2's single player since its too short and keep getting owned in multiplayer so they're here telling us how bad Metroid 2 is to make themselves feel better. :lol

SantaC

krypt0nian said:
They already finished halo 2's single player since its too short and keep getting owned in multiplayer so they're here telling us how bad Metroid 2 is to make themselves feel better. :lol

:lol

king zell

krypt0nian said:

LOL :lol

good one :D

It's better than the first MP commercial. Definitely will get some attention.

The Canadian MP2: E commercial is way better though, it's hillarious.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Its ok... but not great.

Don't know why the ad takes itself so seriously. i.e. Dark, deserted alley. "Undergroundy" techno music. Could've worked better if it had an everyday scene of a young mother pushing a stroller down a mall/wallmart aisle. Along with the women turning into samus... the whole environment turning into the Metroid universe. Only constant is that Samus is still pushing the the stroller around. (Perhaps the baby in the stroller could become a metroid?)

Something along those lines... with a sence of humor... would've done better with the "Who are you?" slogan. A slogan that now, a year later, seems to have drifted far from its original concept.

As it is, this ad reminds me too much of the failed "Joanna Dark" ad that featured a similarly hot, yet stoic, female lead. Show some actors with a little personality. Somebody that customers can relate to.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Gahiggidy said:
The "Who are you?" slogan. A slogan that now, a year later, seems to have drifted far from its original concept.

I like the commercial, but this I gotta say I agree with.

"Who are you?" never really was a great slogan in and of itself. Most people don't even own a Nintendo console anymore, so why would they care to be Mario/Link/Donkey Kong etc.?

The Super Mario 3 ad was super cool though, but that would've worked with any slogan.

Does anyone have a link to that commercial btw?

aparisi2274

What the hell was that?

First off, I am a Metroid Fan, but that was suck to the 10th power.

I mean the girl was ugly. She looked like a german rock video chick from the 80's. Next the CGI or whatever it was of the armor flying on her was crap, and then when they show u her covered to her neck, it looks so cheesy, its like her head is to small for the suit.

Poor Showing Nintendo. Poor Showing.

Deku Tree

The concept for that commercial (e.g. "Iron Woman") really had tons of potential for greatness, too bad they failed in the execution.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
stupid commercial. but i approve of the tits. and the girl they're attached to, really.

AniHawk

I couldn't see the shittiness of the commercial because it was being screwed up by the extreme shittiness of WMP.

Sean

Banned
That commercial was really bad. They should have shown only game footage like the Halo 2 and San Andreas commercials IMO.

This commercial has 20 seconds of the woman walking, only 6 seconds of gameplay footage, and then 4 seconds of the MP2 & GCN logo.

That commercial was fairly swank, and it fits the "Who Are You" thing perfectly...but it really would've been more effective if they showed just gameplay footage. Crazy FPS blasting action on the TV set would be better to move those units.

Top Bottom