• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime: Hunters sees screen flip shift

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Metroid Prime: Hunters has been changed for the better.

The main game action will now take place on the top screen, though the fundamental controls will remain the same, meaning that the control system of using the stylus as a substitute mouse/analogue stick remains in conjunction with the D-pad in place. The lower screen will now host the map and Samus’ options, such as morph ball etc…

A link to the originating piece is here

If this is plugging, which I honestly believe it isn't, pleas mods/whoever, issue me with guidelines so I know where I stand.

For reference, the revised build of Hunters will go on show on Wednesday in Japan and the US. :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Yeah man, we saw the pics ages ago.

I'm not sure the touchscreen is going to be used like a mouse as well as all that other crap though. I think if anything like that happens, the bottom screen won't look like what we've seen under that control method.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
metroid-prime-first-hunt-20040921104034365.jpg

spowned

olimario

Banned
I don't know why sp0ng is still around and still sources.
The site is completely useless when it comes to gaming.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
olimario said:
September 21st.
And I thought Nintendo was showing it's DS titles Thursday, not Wednesday.
Dunno. My schedule from Nintendo states we'll see it on Wednesday evening? It is being shown on Thursday too though - part of the DS presentation.

Also confirmed is full launch line up US too, which should be interesting.

Matlock

Banned
Dear Spong Editors

Final Fantasy VII is coming to DS in a remake, one cartridge.

Sincerely,

Hector Rodriguez
Head of Marketing
SquareEnix

the next month

"Final Fantasy VII to be on DS!"

Matlock said:
Dear Spong Editors

Final Fantasy VII is coming to DS in a remake, one cartridge.

Sincerely,

Hector Rodriguez
Head of Marketing
SquareEnix

the next month

"Final Fantasy VII to be on DS!"

lol.

Final Fantasy CC on the DS is subtitled

myrrh is jism

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Folder said:
Metroid Prime: Hunters has been changed for the better.

The main game action will now take place on the top screen, though the fundamental controls will remain the same, meaning that the control system of using the stylus as a substitute mouse/analogue stick remains in conjunction with the D-pad in place. The lower screen will now host the map and Samus’ options, such as morph ball etc…

A link to the originating piece is here

If this is plugging, which I honestly believe it isn't, pleas mods/whoever, issue me with guidelines so I know where I stand.

For reference, the revised build of Hunters will go on show on Wednesday in Japan and the US. :)

If this is plugging.... well let's see do you work for Spong? Have posted multiple articles from Spong? etc....

Time out!

I have to use the stylus with my right hand while I use the d-pad with my left? I'm lefthanded. That fricking sucks.

*cancels pre-order*

he does work for SPONG. Said as much in the last thread he started on the forum I should post the stupid PMs I got from him.

Folder said:
Are there guidelines on this?
We got the comment from Chad this morning. Though it would be of interest. I don't constantly plug - I am a genuine user of this forum. Please let me know how to proceed. :)
As for questionable nature, SPOnG has changed massively over the past year including a lot of staffing adjustments. Hopefully, you have or will notice this change in time.

plug away you stupid sprrong-er

Kon Tiki

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Time out!

I have to use the stylus with my right hand while I use the d-pad with my left? I'm lefthanded. That fricking sucks.

*cancels pre-order*
You can use the stylus with your left and use the ABXY as a D-Pad.

Put that pre-order back!

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
he does work for SPONG. Said as much in the last thread he started on the forum I should post the stupid PMs I got from him.

plug away you stupid sprrong-er

I love you babe.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Society said:
Redmond, Washington, Japan?
There's a global set of demonstrations.
I'll be at the one in Seattle.
Anyone else going? :)
Meeting Regie too for NOA dinner on Wednesday
*fear*
:)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
seriously, just leave spong and write for another site. and never use spong as a reference when trying to get hired.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Society said:
hehe. The project is not in Japan. It is NST, located in Seattle Washington.
Most short-sighted post ever

Mama Smurf

It is.

If you want spong to grow as a site and lose its repuation, you've got to keep up with the news. I mean, at the very least check the big game sites once a day so you know what's going on and avoid situations like this one.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I thought only the bottom screen is touch-sensitive.

It is, basically you are using the bottom touch screen like a mouse pad now instead of having your hand in the way on the main action screen.

Mama Smurf

We don't have any confirmation that that's still in as far as I know. If the game only looks like those screens that have been released, and there aren't different presentation styles, I'm not sure stylus movement will work that well. You'll have to move it over the map for movement, which would be a strange idea, and as your attention will be on the top screen most of the time, it's going to be hard to avoid hitting those missile/morphball/whatever symbols by accident.

Mama Smurf said:
We don't have any confirmation that that's still in as far as I know. If the game only looks like those screens that have been released, and there aren't different presentation styles, I'm not sure stylus movement will work that well. You'll have to move it over the map for movement, which would be a strange idea, and as your attention will be on the top screen most of the time, it's going to be hard to avoid hitting those missile/morphball/whatever symbols by accident.
Agreed. Not sure which of the originally-talked-about modes I'd have ended up preferring, but taking the action away from the touch screen pretty much takes away the biggest appeal of controlling it with a stylus--the ability to tap on exactly what you wanted to shoot at.

Top Bottom