• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO region locked or what?

sun-drop

now that the game is out ..can some one with it test this?

is the game region locked, or is it console region locked..or open?

i'm in NZ and want the asian SE edition ..but will that effect me playing on a NZ ps3?

and actually ...is the bonus bluray region locked too ..or will it play on a NZ ps3?

hirokazu

lambchop said:
My Asian LE just passed quarantine and customs a couple hours ago and is in transit for delivery. Should be here by noon tomorrow at the latest. I'm in Sydney, so any region lock issues or lack thereof that I experience should also apply to you. I'll get back to you when I try it out, but I won't be playing since I want to play the single player first without getting spoilered by retards.

AkuMifune

Banned
This one is tough to figure out. I have an Asian PS3, Asian copy of MGS4, live in Taiwan, but play on the NA servers. Maybe because there are 2 versions of the Asian game, an English and a Japanese. I suspect if you have the Asian JPN game, you would play on the JPN servers, but with the Asian ENG version, you'd play on the NA servers.

lupinko

AkuMifune said:
This one is tough to figure out. I have an Asian PS3, Asian copy of MGS4, live in Taiwan, but play on the NA servers. Maybe because there are 2 versions of the Asian game, an English and a Japanese. I suspect if you have the Asian JPN game, you would play on the JPN servers, but with the Asian ENG version, you'd play on the NA servers.

Pretty much it really.

Top Bottom