• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3 delay?!

Solid

It's so pathetic it takes Konami 4 months to convert this over to PAL. Talk about shooting themself in the foot when they miss the christmas rush...

Oh and sorry about the delay, I hope it's still out on the 17th.

jenov4

Awww it's only a week.. Not too bad.

True story, a friend of mine who does a lot of high end printing (stuff you see for annual reports and shit) goes to his supplier and they have the Sony PS2 printing contract for all of Canada (or maybe it's for the region).

Anyways, while my friend is there, he saw MGS3 covers, manuals getting printed out and freaked because he knew that I'm a huge MGS3 fan. In the end, he was able to convince the manager there to pass along a few uncut sheets of the MGS3 instruction manual and cover. So I'll end up with this nice collectable :D

All of this happened last Saturday (November 6th) which means they had really short lead time to get the dvd covers, manuals printed, and shipped out to the shrink wrapping plant.

My friend was a bit shocked when I said the release date was Nov 17th, which makes it less than 10 days to have everything out and ready at the stores.

Ok that's the end to my MGS3 story. ;p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If it is delayed, at least I'll have time to play more Halo 2 and finish Half Life 2...so I guess it ain't all that bad

Simo

Don't worry, it's not delayed. Just contact your nearest GameStop store and they'll confirm the release is still November 17th. The release date on GameStop's site is just a mistake.

Oh please God no.... I have a big exam on the 19th but after that I have a week off which I was hoping I could dedicate to Snake Eater. I haven't bought GTA:SA because I want to have nothing else to tempt me once MGS3 is out. ** Crosses fingers that 11/17 is still on **

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hell... It looks like Canadian release date may be 22 or 23 after all. That wouldn't be the first time that the release date here is later, but it hapens really, really rarely.

Double hell, Gamestop has the bandana as a preorder offer, and there are no Gamestops in Canada. Is anyone willing to preorder this from gamestop and send me that bandana? I'd pay whatever necessary (pre-order price+shipping+extra for work that went into going out of your way to make this MGS nut happy)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I went to Gamestop today, and they couldn't tell me the date. I asked if it was going to be November 18th, and the guy said "Maybe...but Konami could always push it back. We'll call you when it comes in..."

I don't want to wait any longer. Just give me the fucking game, Konami. Don't play cute.

Top Bottom