• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3 demo is coming!!!

Sorry if old. I searched but did not find. Huge news anyway.

OPM editor (i think) John Davison wrote this in his blog (you have to scroll down a little bit)

"On a more pleasant note, I got to play Metal Gear Solid 3
Unlike Scooter, I didn't get a chance to play the demo all the way through at E3 this year, but this week I was lucky enough to get an early version of an upcoming Official PlayStation Magazine demo disc. This year, the only place to get that demo is on OPM... so subscribe or something. My god, that was a shockingly gratuitous plug. I promise not to do that again."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nope, I'm not gonna get it. I want to make my experience as fresh as possible

Still good news though

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wario64 said:
Nope, I'm not gonna get it. I want to make my experience as fresh as possible

Still good news though

IAWTP!

But its good for people on the fence who are not sure they wanna buy it

evil ways

Coño!!!

When is the next issue of OPM coming up?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw this...

People have been asking
...when the MGS3 demo will be on OPM's disc. It'll be on the November issue, which will be on newsstands in early October. Subscribers will probably get it at the very end of September. It's definitely on the disc, cuz I have an early copy of the code in my hand right now.

TheDiave

Banned
Which month's issue is it supposed to be in? I hope it's one post-summer vacation... That way they won't all get snatched up by the fucking tourists 'round here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheDiave said:
Which month's issue is it supposed to be in? I hope it's one post-summer vacation... That way they won't all get snatched up by the fucking tourists 'round here.

People have been asking
...when the MGS3 demo will be on OPM's disc. It'll be on the November issue, which will be on newsstands in early October. Subscribers will probably get it at the very end of September. It's definitely on the disc, cuz I have an early copy of the code in my hand right now.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Littleberu said:
Featuring a 2D level. The one with Quark.

I heard that those levels were actually pretty cool :)

Suikoguy said:
I heard that those levels were actually pretty cool :)

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3133786

Up Your Arsenal's story sets up the 2D levels by telling you you're not actually playing as Quark -- you're playing as Ratchet at the controls of a game system called the VG9000, and the game you are playing stars Qwark. But it's not like you see Ratchet's arms on the screen while moving around; when you're in a 2D level, it feels like a different game.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Awesome news! Can't wait to play this demo. Also, people complainig about the SoL demo outclassing the entire game... haters be damned! Respect the awesome game that is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Socreges

Banned
Or you could wait a few more days and just get the one issue at the store.

Wait, I forgot who I was talking to.

I'll pick up the mag for the demo. Just $7 or whatever.

Question

i own an american PS2 so i need to know if OPM is a UK magazine or is it a US magazine?

if OPM is releases on both europe and in the US, will the UK version have the demo aswell?

since the game wont be out in Europe until early 2005 i dont think that the UK issue will have the demo or will it?

if they do then it will be a pal version of the demo and Pal games does not play on my PS2, so i have to get this demo from the US market..

Anayone have a place on the net where i can buy the US version of this magazine?
as every magazine in this country i live in are from UK

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Question

i own an american PS2 so i need to know if OPM is a UK magazine or is it a US magazine?
The magazine in question here is the US OPM.

if OPM is releases on both europe and in the US, will the UK version have the demo aswell?
I think OPM comes out in Europe, but it's an entirely different magazine which has nothing in comon with it's US counterpart (i.e. they never release the same demo discs which is what you are interested in)

Anayone have a place on the net where i can buy the US version of this magazine?
as every magazine in this country i live in are from UK
You can probably only buy the subscription here:

http://opm.1up.com

but the magazine is only worth it for the demo disc. You'll probably be better off buying the demo disc on the ebay, which I'm sure will be there in no time after the magazine comes out.

ok but on ebay i am sure i have to pay much more for the demo. than i would if i got the magazine.

Cant you buy it in a store and send it to me?
i pay you extra for it:)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cant you buy it in a store and send it to me?
If you have PayPal, sure, no problem. You might want to ask someone from the US, though. I live in Canada, and that magazine comes here at least one week later than it does in the US.

Marconelly said:
If you have PayPal, sure, no problem. You might want to ask someone from the US, though. I live in Canada, and that magazine comes here at least one week later than it does in the US.

yeah or maybe i can just order it at an online magazine store, if that exists?

Agent Dormer said:
Awesome news! Can't wait to play this demo. Also, people complainig about the SoL demo outclassing the entire game... haters be damned! Respect the awesome game that is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Word to that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
yeah or maybe i can just order it at an online magazine store, if that exists?
I'm afraid I can't help you there. Never seen such a thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if it exists. The demo is about two months away anyways, so if you don't figure it out in the meantime, PM me when the time comes.

Marconelly said:
I'm afraid I can't help you there. Never seen such a thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if it exists. The demo is about two months away anyways, so if you don't figure it out in the meantime, PM me when the time comes.

thanks i will do that, i am sure you will get a PM from me.
god its not far away now until we get to play this sweet game!

Top Bottom