• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3 Demo out 27th August

Gamestop will give you a demo of MGS3 if you preorder MGS3.

Ok guys it is 100% confirmed by 2 GameStop employee's that the MGS3 demo will be in stores on August 27th (a Friday!!! ) So be sure you got that day off!!!

Click here for the message from the employee's on the PS2 GB (Insiders only)

(for Outsiders)

"MGS3 Demo will ship the 26th and be in stores the 27th, so the very next day!"

Yeah someone has to get me this demo..

if someone in the states are reading this and wants the MGS3 game for free let me know and i will send you 50 dollars "that you can use to buy MGS3 when it arrives in stores on the 15th Nov" if you will get me the demo and send it to my adress in sweden by the 30th august!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Eugh, well not having a job anymore makes getting this a piece of cake. Thanks for the tip.

robertsan21 said:
Ok guys it is 100% confirmed by 2 GameStop employee's that the MGS3 demo will be in stores on August 27th (a Friday!!! ) So be sure you got that day off!!!

Taking the day off for a demo?!

I know I will :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally there. Metal Gear Solid 2's demo was one of the best things I've ever played (something I can't say for MGS2 proper), so I'm expecting big things from this. :D

i'll be staying away from the demo. i've only viewed a handful of pictures and have stayed away from the trailers as well. i'm hoping that it's significantly better than mgs2. don't get me wrong, the tanker scenario was awesome. it was the rest...

on a related note, i almost picked up the metroid bundle last night just for the mp2 demo. the only thing that stopped me was that all of the bundles contained cubes without the component out. can anyone confirm that some metroid bundles have cubes with the component out?

evil ways

Time to pre-order.

But either way, isn't OPM including the demo on it's late September issue? So all is not lost if you cannot pre-order or already pre-ordered.

evil ways said:
Time to pre-order.

But either way, isn't OPM including the demo on it's late September issue? So all is not lost if you cannot pre-order or already pre-ordered.

yeah but that magazine is out 1 month later than the gamestop demo is...so i hate waiting so i will try and get someone to get it for me

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
={<SMOKE>}= said:
i'll be staying away from the demo. i've only viewed a handful of pictures and have stayed away from the trailers as well. i'm hoping that it's significantly better than mgs2. don't get me wrong, the tanker scenario was awesome. it was the rest...

on a related note, i almost picked up the metroid bundle last night just for the mp2 demo. the only thing that stopped me was that all of the bundles contained cubes without the component out. can anyone confirm that some metroid bundles have cubes with the component out?

Some Cubes with the MP bundle still have the component out but some don't.

Laurent

The question that needs to be answered is who's behind this? If it's a Gamestop alternative to gives free demo to anyone that preorders the game, and the deal is somehow exclusive with them, then every interested forum-foreigner (like me) will be pissed...

But it doesn't make any sense. All I can hope (and what seems more logical to me) is that this is a Konami alternative and that they will send copies of the demo to every official distributors, including EB Games in Canada, and probably outside America also... Kind of like they do with free stuff that comes with games... (figurines, posters, art books, etc.)

border

We're sure that this is happening? ;) Seems strange that they wouldn't have any promotions for this announced.

There is a Babbage's around here.....they should get this too since they are technically owned by Gamestop, right?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
border said:
We're sure that this is happening? ;) Seems strange that they wouldn't have any promotions for this announced.

There is a Babbage's around here.....they should get this too since they are technically owned by Gamestop, right?

There was an ad in PSM for MGS3. At the bottom it had a website, www.metalgearsolid.com . That website isn't up yet (to my knowledge) and there is a quote on the ad that says "Weapons inspector have found NO threat" - August 24th, 1964"

Me thinks the site will go up on August 24th, 2004 and we will see some stuff.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Btw, there's a Gradius 5 preorder bonus that they are giving away in Gamestop, starting from September 1st. I've asked about that bonus in the local EB - they had no clue about it...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So all you need a preorder? Now I'm tempted to get the demo....

Grizzlyjin said:
There was an ad in PSM for MGS3. At the bottom it had a website, www.metalgearsolid.com . That website isn't up yet (to my knowledge) and there is a quote on the ad that says "Weapons inspector have found NO threat" - August 24th, 1964"

The game's setting is on that date too, August 24th

Nameless

*whew* I thought I would have to buy a $50 game *cough*Z.O.E.* in order to score a MGS3 demo like I had to with MGS2.

AssMan

Banned
Just called my GS and they said they're getting them in on the 26th, but won't be handing them out on the 30th. Strange though, but maybe the guy I spoke to was an idiot. Kinda think of it all GS and EB employees are idiots.

u_neek

B E N K E said:
Yes, there will be a demo for Europe. Don't know about distribution, but I suspect it won't be out for a couple of months as the game won't be out until february.

PS. Fuck Konami

Oh, what the hell, i'll import anyway...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Just been to local EB here in Canada, and they have no clue about any preorder bonus for MGS3. I specifically asked about the demo, and they told me they haven't heard anything about it.

It would really suck if Gamestop for some reason becomes the exclusive distributor of Gradius 5 and MGS3 preorder demo discs...

Marconelly said:
Just been to local EB here in Canada, and they have no clue about any preorder bonus for MGS3. I specifically asked about the demo, and they told me they haven't heard anything about it.

It would really suck if Gamestop for some reason becomes the exclusive distributor of Gradius 5 and MGS3 preorder demo discs...

If that turns out to be the case, I'm going to have to go through some payment arrangements with someone to get it for me... Like I did with you for ICO and Contra... I hope I can find someone willing to help me with it. Because unfortunately I can pretty much only order from Amazon.com, last time I tried ordering from Gamestop.com I literally lost $200 because of credit card issues, that was fucking painful.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Bah, if worse comes to worst, I'll just go over to Detroit, find the damn Gamestop, and buy the demo there, pretending I'm preordering. I can also bring someone with me to make another 'preorder' and get one more demo disc.

Marconelly said:

FUCK, I was just told the EXACT same thing, they have no idea about it. Fucking Gamestop, how the hell could such smaller company (ie. one that doesnt have locations outside the states) get an exclusive like this?. This is fucking bullshit. Once again Canadians get screwed :(

EDIT: And yeah, if it does indeed turn out to be that only the US gets this, would anyone be intrested in sending me a copy? I am sure I could make some forum of payment arrangments :)

~Black Deatha

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i was just at gamestop, and the dude behind the counter didn't know anything about a demo disc. but i'm sure there's a lot of stuff that dude doesn't know. he punched something into the computer when i asked, though, so presumably it isn't in the system yet. if it exists at all. oh well.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
ToyMachine228 said:
I don't even see a link...So there is a Killzone demo coming out? Or with MGS3 or what?

here:
KillZone Demos ship 8/25 and will be in stores the 26th of this month. Thursday is the day!

MGS3 Demo will ship the 26th and be in stores the 27th, so the very next day!
Pick up both :)

My parents are going over to the States on the 30th for a little vacation and I could probably get them to hunt down a Gamestop and do a fake preorder for me since I can't get the demo in Canada.

So how much do you have to put down for a preorder at Gamestop and what info do they require? I assume just a name and phonenumber, but I want to make sure. I'm hoping I only need to put down a small sum, like $5 since I won't be buying the actual game from them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Grizzlyjin said:

OMG, I Love Bees is a MGS3 campaign disguised a Halo 2 campaign disguised as a bee fanstie! TEH GENIUSS!!1

But seriously, though, is it just me or is that August 24 date popping up way too much of late?

DJ_Tet

Banned
robertsan21 said:
Yeah someone has to get me this demo..

if someone in the states are reading this and wants the MGS3 game for free let me know and i will send you 50 dollars "that you can use to buy MGS3 when it arrives in stores on the 15th Nov" if you will get me the demo and send it to my adress in sweden by the 30th august!

I PMed you, you read it, you didn't respond. What's up?

Full of it? Hell I'd pick up the demo, send it to you of my own cost, and it wouldn't even be opened.

Don't talk shit if you can't back it up man. *looks at user name*...should have known though

Top Bottom