• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3 OPM Demo Impressions

***** POSSIBLE MINI-SPOILERS IF YOU FOLLOW THE LINK *****

01.gif

Much more at http://www.planetmgs.com/index2.php?action=fullnews&id=61

The good folks over at The Official US PlayStation Magazine (OPM) will be coming out with the playable demo of MGS3 in their November 2004 issue set to hit newsstands October 5 th . Subscribers should be getting them now or very soon, so be sure to check your mailboxes. OPM is the ONLY way to play it before the final game comes out. Be sure to check out their website for the most up-to-date coverage of MGS3 and everything else on there.

When you first start playing the game, you'll definitely notice that this is very different from any MGS game. The environment is absolutely f***ing beautiful, there are so many animals, so much detail, when I was playing, I was thinking, “How the hell did Konami do this?!” Because for being a PS2 game, this is just amazing, they put so much work into this, 3 years to be exact.

This is a VERY in-depth preview, so if you want to avoid knowing too much about the weapons, controls, survival viewer, CQC (Close Quarters Combat), bosses and finally some of the missions, you might not want to peak inside.

LukeSmith

budala1 said:
When is the new OPM coming out?

The good folks over at The Official US PlayStation Magazine (OPM) will be coming out with the playable demo of MGS3 in their November 2004 issue set to hit newsstands October 5 th.

Read much?

Miburou

When is the demo coming out? :D

Seriously though, I don't understand why someone would want to spoil such an awesome game by playing a demo.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Miburou said:
I don't understand why someone would want to spoil such an awesome game by playing a demo.

Why would it spoil the game?

I've played both the MGS and MGS2 demos prior to the full game purchase, and it hasn't ruined the experience. If anything, it'll allow us to get used to the new moves(CQC) and other abilities(Camo/paint), effectively serving as an extended training session.

Miburou

I just feel that popping in the game for the first time, and spending the next 12 hours playing it until I pass out, only to wake up the next day and continue playing, without knowing much about the game or having played it before would make for a much better experience.

Wario64 said:
Someone rip the demo and distribute via bittorrent NOW. Assuming I can run it on hdloader

Exactly, and if it doesn't run on HDLoader... Is there any way I can buy the issue online? If not, how about I pay someone $5 extra to buy me a copy? I want that demo! :(

evil ways

You'll have to wait 12 days, only subscribers are getting the mag at the moment so there's no way anybody can buy an extra copy and send it to you yet.

Top Bottom