• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 confirmed

bitwise

Banned
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 CONFIRMED

Konami discusses plans for next instalment in the story of Snake

14:48 It's the news anxious MGS fans have been waiting to hear: there will be another game in Hideo Kojima's legendary stealth series.
During a financial report meeting Konami announced that it did indeed have plans for Metal Gear Solid 4. Motoyuki Yoshioka, the big cheese at Konami of Japan, said, "We have some ideas and we've had them for some time now. We will continue to create more games on the series."

No other information about the title was offered and no format was specified, although it's likely that the title will appear on a next-gen platform, most likely PS3. Since Snake Eater is barely finished - it's due for release in the US on November 17, Japan on December 16 and Europe early next year - it's unlikely that many of Konami's "ideas" are anything more than that at present. We can be sure, however, that Kojima-san will have plenty of brainwaves to get working on.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com

Lakitu

st5fu
Two things,

-I doubt it'll go under the title, "Metal Gear Solid 4" as Snake Eater is the last of the MGS trilogy, and also Kojima stated that the sequel would be radically different compared to the MGS trilogy.

-I doubt Hideo Kojima will direct, he wants to move on and do something different now, I'd personally love that. He can't do Metal Gear all his life. I however hope he writes it and get's Murata to direct.

"-I doubt Hideo Kojima will direct, he wants to move on and do something different now, I'd personally love that. He can't do Metal Gear all his life. I however hope he writes it and get's Murata to direct."

He actually took back the statement about not wanting to direct the next one earlier this year and said that if fans want him to do the next one then he will.

Lakitu

st5fu
SolidSnakex said:
He actually took back the statement about not wanting to direct the next one earlier this year and said that if fans want him to do the next one then he will.

Well, I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, and I don't want him to direct another. I want to see him do something different now. What would you want?

Lakitu said:
Well, I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, and I don't want him to direct another. I want to see him do something different now. What would you want?

I don't want to see the main series out of his hands. I don't think anyone else has enough care to put into the game to make sure everything as polished as he makes them. I'd rather he just wait till he's ready to make another one if he wants to do something else than hand it off to another person to direct.

Solid

Lakitu said:
I want ZOE3, then MGS4 :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah, I understand ya. Although it seems he has never been afraid to let other people work on Metal Gear, he really seems to be obsessed with his work on Policenauts, he wouldn't even let anyone else direct the ports. I agree with you to an extent though, as it would be very hard to find someone to fill his shoes. If he takes a break then I wouldn't mind, I just want to see something new from the guy. He mentioned he'd like to sci-fi next.

Also, I'd love a new Z.O.E 3. Damn I seem to be obsessed with KCEJ, I love 'em. They've got an
unannounced game in the pipeline that you may be playing soon :D

Socreges

Banned
Lakitu said:
Two things,

-I doubt it'll go under the title, "Metal Gear Solid 4" as Snake Eater is the last of the MGS trilogy, and also Kojima stated that the sequel would be radically different compared to the MGS trilogy.
Kojima says a lot of things. :p

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
krypt0nian said:
I'm too tired of the Metal Gear series to care anymore. I would give my first born to get a new Kojima IP though!

How can you be sick of MGS after two titles in two generations (with a third about to be released). When almost every major franchise is milked twice as much.

He's had several games this gen that he's mentioned he'd like to work on.

- Sci Fi themed game.

- Online Mech game. Basically sounded like what'd happen if GTA took place in space.

- Probably the craziest of all. A game where if you died the disk would no longer function.

He wanted to make some kind of device for MGS2 where you could feel moisture during the rain. :p

Do The Mario said:
How can you be sick of MGS after two titles in two generations (with a third about to be released). When almost every major franchise is milked twice as much.

I can be tired because they really feel no different from one another. I played the MGS3 demo with excitement and it was just more of the same.

If he makes a new franchise he can dazzle us again.

Stealth is too specialized a genre to truly revolutionize between sequels. Its not Kojima's fault at all.

Lakitu

st5fu
SolidSnakex said:
He's had several games this gen that he's mentioned he'd like to work on.

- Sci Fi themed game.

- Online Mech game. Basically sounded like what'd happen if GTA took place in space.

- Probably the craziest of all. A game where if you died the disk would no longer function.

He wanted to make some kind of device for MGS2 where you could feel moisture during the rain. :p

:lol That's why he rocks! It's like he wants you to live the game :p nothing short of outstanding. He tries is hardest to be original, what with Boktai etc and in the future, he's mentioned several times he wants to introduce many different gameplay mechanics. I really look forward to whatever he releases or KCEJ for that matter

i like the MGS series as much as the next guy, but i'd love for Kojima to make sequels to his best games ever. Snatcher and Policenauts. perferably on the DS, but hey, he can make them on whatever he wants. i look forward to anything he does.

Lakitu said:
:lol That's why he rocks! It's like he wants you to live the game :p nothing short of outstanding. He tries is hardest to be original, what with Boktai etc and in the future, he's mentioned several times he wants to introduce many different gameplay mechanics. I really look forward to whatever he releases or KCEJ for that matter

I think it's very possible that his next game might be a GTA style game. Possibly the sci fi game he mentioned, but with a completely open ended structure. He's friends with Dan Houser (GTA creator) and its clear that its already kinda rubbing off on him (the more open structure in MGS) and maybe even vice versa (the eating in SA). So possibly that. Or maybe even a collaboration between the 2? I remember reading one interview where they pointed out that during the interview a package showed up for Kojima and it was a San Andreas T-Shirt.

Gamedude

I'm also a huge fan of the Metal Gear series (not only mgS, also the ones on MSX) and I'd really like to see the metal gear franchise ending... it would be very original and cool if Hideo Kojima could clear all the plotholes in MGS 2 with MGS3... a prequel, the beginning of all.. the solution to everything?

I'd like to see more of his talent, by creating new kinds of games... I've got my doubs with a MGS4... how in hell can you make a sequel to MGS2 interesting?

--> Snake follows Ocelot/Liquid to an underground base, he fights his way through bosses and places, he meets some twists and probably meet Raiden again.. finally he kills Ocelot/Liquid. Déja vu?

neptunes

SolidSnakex said:

I remember that interview.

WHatever happened to the rumored metal gear online? :lol

WarPig

An online Metal Gear was more than rumored, Kojima talked about it at...uhm...some goddamn E3 or another, maybe it was 2002. But I don't think it was ever much more than a collection of ideas.

DFS.

Here's what Kojima said about MGO a year ago:

"When asked about Metal Gear Online, Kojima said that it will probably come out, but he isn't sure when. Kojima explained that he could just release the game right now, but he doesn't think it's fun in its current state. While there doesn't seem to be any technical roadblocks to creating an online Metal Gear Solid, other than creating a network infrastructure, Kojima questions its value as a product."

http://www.gamersbg.com/mgs/kojima/kojinterview_2003famitsu.htm

Sounds like it was (or still is) in development but it seems stalled.

http://www.gamersbg.com/mgs/kojima/kojinterview_2003famitsu.htm

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
As alluded as it sounds, I'd like for him to do something akin to Snatcher and Policenauts. Or at least some adventure title.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I'm not exactly surprised, but I'm happy that it's confirmed. Personally, I hope that the MGS series keeps going on and on, even when Snake is not there. I'm fairly certain that Olga's son will eventually be a playable character in a future MGS title.

I still think that the Metal Gear Solid name will be used, it's too famous now to leave behind.

Top Bottom