• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

gimz

do you guys expect an announcement for a price drop for 360 this year?

or maybe a bundle pack with halo3

alumne

Banned
All i would like to know,is if BlimBlim has heard anything of Team NINJA perhaps showing off NG2 or maybe another one of there 360 games in development in addition to DOAX2 at E3.

You don't have to respond if you don't want. A simple izzy wink will do. :)

PhatSaqs

Banned
courtesy of element:

DSCF0502.JPG

OMG! Windows exclusive!!

ant1532

Banned
Aryuken said:
Look what i found.

39358.jpg

Sure it has 16xAA lol, but thats it. MArcus(?) has facial hair now too :D
sorry dude but thats a fake.
you can tell from the amount of hair on smoe of those characters.

I could see a $50 price drop on the Core system, with premium staying the same. Then again, if Sony launches at $399 with everything, I could see a $50 price drop on both SKUs ($250 and $350)

alumne

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
courtesy of element:

DSCF0502.JPG

OMG! Windows exclusive!!
And so it begins. Looks like nexus was right as always. Wich also means MS did get publishing rights to Alan Wake.

I can't wait to see more of Alan Wake. The game looks amazing :)

Here Be Dragons

Mike G.E.D. said:
OXM printed a fake picture then? Good to know.

G.E.D. include sarcasm detection?

alumne said:
And so it begins. Looks like nexus was right as always. Wich also means MS did get publishing rights to Alan Wake.

Right about what? We've known about Shadowrun for ages.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Joe said:
can someone summarize what was said and hinted at please?
Basically everything you'd expect from MS (Forza 2, Fable 2, Halo 3, etc.) with the inclusion of MS snapping up Alan Wake exclusively with Shadowrun being developed for both 360 and Window.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Amir0x said:
Not ordering every single PS3 and Wii game this year? tsc tsc

Due to controller differences, I'll more than likely get multiplayer games for 360. However, if games like Unreal Tourney 2007 and Assassin's Creed come out before 360 version, I'll be fine, since I already have them squared away. That is what I mean.

Amir0x

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Due to controller differences, I'll more than likely get multiplayer games for 360. However, if games like Unreal Tourney 2007 and Assassin's Creed come out before 360 version, I'll be fine, since I already have them squared away. That is what I mean.

But PS3 has gyro, looks like you're stuck supporting another rosebudded console.

SyNapSe

Amir0x said:
But PS3 has gyro, looks like you're stuck supporting another rosebudded console.

what the hell does rosebudded mean!? lol.. I get that it's Reirom speak, etc. just that.. well

PhatSaqs

Banned
SyNapSe said:
what the hell does rosebudded mean!? lol.. I get that it's Reirom speak, etc. just that.. well
Don't worry you're not the only one. I see it all the time and have no idea wtf it means :lol

SyNapSe

sp0rsk said:
Have you seen citizen kane?

negative, sir. I've been here since late 2000 and rosebudded seemed to start popping up a couple of years ago. I get that it's bad by context, but I've never caught the exact meaning. Is it used as a word in the movie?

edit: also clearly I don't bother visiting OA or i suppose I'd know

alumne

Banned
SyNapSe said:
When in doubt,search urbandictionary.com :D

1. rosebud

The appearance of one's rectum after fisting. The internal tissue pulls out beyond the sphincter muscle. The bright red to pinkish tissue looks like a rosebud.

That dude takes alot of fists up his ass- check out that rosebud.
by mike May 23, 2003 email it

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rosebud

SyNapSe

Wow! I figured it had something to do with taking a girls virginity.

Sorry I asked, that was a horrific answer.

Polari

SyNapSe said:
Wow! I figured it had something to do with taking a girls virginity.

Sorry I asked, that was a horrific answer.

In the film it's Kane's childhood sled. reirom proves himself as some sort of idiot savant in drawing the connection.

gimz said:
do you guys expect an announcement for a price drop for 360 this year?

or maybe a bundle pack with halo3

No price drop until PS3 pricing announced. No Halo 3 bundle pack, but expect Holiday bundle.

Speevy

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Microsoft basically considers the PC their second platform.

It would kill the Xbox 360, but I always thought it would be hilarious if MS walked up to the stage and said "Xbox 360 plays all Vista-compatible PC games. Bye."

Zamorro

There is a place reserved on the xbox site for the game BC. When you type the address www.xbox.com/bc the address changes in http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bc/. The "games" part of the address only appears if there is a space reserved for a game. For example, if I type www.xbox.com/ninjagaiden2 then the address changes in http://www.xbox.com/en-US/ninjagaiden2 (without "games").

This was also posted on a certain xbox forum. I think that thread was later removed for some reason. It also works for Shadowrun (edit: it doesn't work anymore for this title.)

But my question is, why is BC never mentioned in the rumored games lists ?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Zamorro said:
There is a place reserved on the xbox site for the game BC. When you type the address www.xbox.com/bc the address changes in http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bc/. The "games" part of the address only appears if there is a space reserved for a game. For example, if I type www.xbox.com/ninjagaiden2 then the address changes in http://www.xbox.com/en-US/ninjagaiden2 (without "games").

This was also posted on a certain xbox forum. I think that thread was later removed for some reason. It also works for Shadowrun (edit: it doesn't work anymore for this title.)

But my question is, why is BC never mentioned in the rumored games lists ?
That'd be a nice surprise as the game was seemingly canned.

Ponn

Banned
alumne said:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/615/615567/alan-wake-20050517071624615.jpg[/img]

It's developed by Remedy,who are responsible for the Max Payne series.

In the Mouth of Madness?

Joe

how did the max payne creators have trouble finding a publisher? not to mention alan wake looks great.

Speevy said:
A little over 40 minutes until Xbox Live becomes free for the week and updates.

Is it not 12:01am PT?

EDIT: Looks like it is. From Major Nelson:
Then I took a closer look and realize that a lot of them are about Xbox Live Marketplace content. The team that works on marketplace content has been in all weekend getting ready for next week. I have to tell you there is a TON of stuff that will start popping up on Marketplace starting Monday morning (PT). I see demos, trailers, themes, gamer pictures and more getting ready for the march to Marketplace.
I’ll post details once the content goes live. That’s all I can say for right now.

Top Bottom