• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Speevy

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Wait - free for the week, including updates, or 40 minutes until it's free, and updates go live?

Crap, he may be right about the PST thing. :/

I mean that Xbox Live Gold becomes free for one week starting at midnight. I hope that doesn't vary depending on where you live.

Also, we should get the first Live content tomorrow.

Here Be Dragons

Xbox Live Invites All Global Gamers to Jump In to the E3 experience

For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week. From 12:01am PDT Monday May 8 –11:59pm PDT Sunday May 14, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.

PDT :(

GhaleonEB

Speevy said:
Crap, he may be right about the PST thing. :/

I mean that Xbox Live Gold becomes free for one week starting at midnight. I hope that doesn't vary depending on where you live.

Also, we should get the first Live content tomorrow.
Okay, gotcha. And I'm on the west coast, so yea it's another 3 hours and 40 minutes.

squicken

"I am catching up on email here at my hotel room in LA, and I am surprised at how many emails I have for a Sunday. Then I took a closer look and realize that a lot of them are about Xbox Live Marketplace content. The team that works on marketplace content has been in all weekend getting ready for next week. I have to tell you there is a TON of stuff that will start popping up on Marketplace starting Monday morning (PT). I see demos, trailers, themes, gamer pictures and more getting ready for the march to Marketplace.
I’ll post details once the content goes live. That’s all I can say for right now."

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/05/07/Marketplace-Madness.aspx

arne

Speevy said:
At least Test Drive Unlimted demo, maybe more.

Wasn't the Lost Planet demo rumored to launch on the 9th?

Unfortunately I'm as much in the dark as you guys on what's going to launch on XBL, the last calendar of the XBL updates I have is like 3 weeks old and had a lot of TBD on it. :lol

Speevy

Banned
arne said:
Wasn't the Lost Planet demo rumored to launch on the 9th?

Unfortunately I'm as much in the dark as you guys on what's going to launch on XBL, the last calendar of the XBL updates I have is like 3 weeks old and had a lot of TBD on it. :lol

Yeah XBL confirmed the thing about the 9th. Since you're in the dark, do you think (your opinion) there's any chance we'll see a Gears demo?

arne

Speevy said:
Yeah XBL confirmed the thing about the 9th. Since you're in the dark, do you think (your opinion) there's any chance we'll see a Gears demo?

Frankly, I have no clue. I can't say I've met CliffyB or any of the dev team that I remember of and gotten a sense of if/how/when/why they would release this. My exposure to Gears has been pretty limited compared to the other titles unfortuantely.

tegdf

arne said:
Frankly, I have no clue. I can't say I've met CliffyB or any of the dev team that I remember of and gotten a sense of if/how/when/why they would release this. My exposure to Gears has been pretty limited compared to the other titles unfortuantely.

do you know when the Verizon million points giveaway starts?

Uncle

siamesedreamer said:
What/who is Alan Wake?

Check out this video:
http://www.gamersreports.com/media/233/videos/

Joe said:
how did the max payne creators have trouble finding a publisher? not to mention alan wake looks great.

They didn't. They wanted to make sure they got the best publisher, so they started to make AW with their own money and have the publishers come to them. According to this:
http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/?id=7139 there was quite a lot of interest.

arne

tegdf said:
do you know when the Verizon million points giveaway starts?

Whenever the site says so? Tomorrow probably. (er, that would be Monday, Pacific time zone, maybe sometime after the free week starts at 12:01am?)

PhatSaqs

Banned
SomeDude said:
I'm a bit dissapointed that shadowrun will be in first person but maybe they can pull it off.
Yeah likewise. I REALLY hope it's optional. I may not care if it's done very right tho.

squicken

I think MS is going to make pretty much every first party release dual platform. Some things may be timed to give the 360 an exclusivity window (or vice versa). It wouldn't at all suprise me if Halo 3 released on PC near the same time as on 360.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
squicken said:
I think MS is going to make pretty much every first party release dual platform. Some things may be timed to give the 360 a exclusivity window (or vice versa). It wouldn't at all suprise me if Halo 3 released on PC at the same time as on 360.

It's not, Halo 2 isn't going to be out until Vista is. Halo 3 on PC is like 2010

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Aryuken said:
Look what i found.

39358.jpg

Sure it has 16xAA lol, but thats it. MArcus(?) has facial hair now too :D

Hell yeah. Just hell yeah.

arne

squicken said:
4 minutes MS. You better deliver :)

Major Nelson's blog already said Monday morning.

Timing? beats me.

Although it was interesting to watch all of y'all log in at midnight. :(

Speevy

Banned
arne said:
Major Nelson's blog already said Monday morning.

Timing? beats me.

Although it was interesting to watch all of y'all log in at midnight. :(

Well the announcement was clearly misleading.

arne

Speevy said:
Well the announcement was clearly misleading.

The announcement about 12:01 was about the free gold week, now that i'm reading it again.

Unless it's late and I can't find the other announcement.

GhaleonEB

I hope to see some good stuff up there when I get up. Of course with the conference not until tomorrow I'm not expecting any bombshells.

alumne

Banned
squicken said:
I don't need your pity ;)

I wasn't expecting anything, but I was curious. I just hope we get more demos than the 3 announced on Xbox.com.
Lost Plant is already good enough for me. I never thought we'd get a demo this early. But if a suprise Gears or a Mass Effect demo is released I will flip out.Make it happen MS :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Amir0x said:
Haha. But seriously, BlimBlim doesn't have to worry about getting banned. Even aside from the hinting thing, he's one of the more UPSTANDING CITIZENS at GAF... which is more than I can say for most of you fuckers ;)
Well if I'm sanctionned by the upper management...
First of all I don't know everything about the MS conference, most of my informations are a few months old but usually reliable. AFAIK MS has a few interesting annoucements, one I would *personally* consider a small megaton, it's not a game but it's very cool IMHO. Once again, this is my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people won't care about it.
As for games announcement, I can't say there should be any surprise from 1st/2nd parties. I don't know anything about the 3rd party announcements, as always. I doubt Team Ninja will have anything to show besides DOAX2, but I could be wrong.
One hardware announcement should please quite a few people here.
Sorry I'm vague, but I don't want my sources to get into troubles. I'm not under NDA myself, but these guys sure are and I'd rather have them safe than just spilling the beans to get my 5 minutes of internet fame. Don't ask for more details, you won't get any.

Top Bottom