• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is considering stopping console sales in the Middle East region, will focus on PC Gamepass and Accessories

Astray

Translation (lightly edited by me for clarity):

"Microsoft Considers ceasing Xbox console sales in the Middle East.

Also, its possible that we may not get a release of their next handheld device.

Their focus will be on PC Game Pass and accessories only."

I can say that this guy is the head of a major Arabic games publication whose reviews can be found on Metacritic (True Gaming).

He's definitely connected, and not someone who just makes things up.

Last edited:

Astray

XXL

Probably.

This Is Fine GIF

bundylove

Microsoft has to go all in on gamepass and thirdparty.

They have good studios that make good games and they should focus on that.

They can still have dedicated hardware but i think their future will be streaming only on all tvs like netflix.

My samsung tv already has gamepass on it all i need is a controler so its already happening .

Kacho

Gold Member
We don’t hear much about that region. How popular is Xbox there? I can’t imagine very.

simpatico

An array of different performant GamePass Steamboxes can really work now. Would have been impossible in 360 era, but you could pretty easily make a PC gamepass box that would never have to boot to a Windows desktop if the user didn't want it to. Especially with microsoft's resources.

Astray

Wait HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 is there new rumors or news that the handheld version we heard about is possibly not going to be released? I thought if anything the console would be the sku skipped not the hybrid/ dock
The rumors of a new Xbox gen still persist.

I'm just talking about whether it comes to our shores or not.

Quasicat

Microsoft has to go all in on gamepass and thirdparty.

They have good studios that make good games and they should focus on that.

They can still have dedicated hardware but i think their future will be streaming only on all tvs like netflix.

My samsung tv already has gamepass on it all i need is a controler so its already happening .
Agreed. Due to the file size, I play MS Flight Sim completely in the cloud on my Xbox Series X…it runs pretty well on an Ethernet connection. I could easily see myself using the next generation handheld and playing the rest on a current gen console using the cloud.

Brucey

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 If the new handheld doesnt make it here, then it's hard to envision the powerful one coming here either.
Xbox One Tier 3 round two!

Tier 1:
Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand.

Tier 2:
Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland.

Middle East?

GHG

Is this because they hate their woke values?

No, as someone who have lived in the region for over a decade now, it's because their localisation sucks in every aspect possible.

They thought they could literally come here and just google translate their American style marketing and products and that it would work, it's quite laughable really.

Alan Sugar Desi GIF by Muzz

We don’t hear much about that region. How popular is Xbox there? I can’t imagine very.

Anecdotal, but a group chat of over 20 of us who get together for weekend shenanigans, just one person has an Xbox, and this is a group predominantly made up of western expats.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I was asked recently to full stop talking about their next move (not from anyone here) and everyone will get answers soon
Understood. I just hope they really don't forgo the Hybrid its the smart move. a Portable 1080p 8 inch OLED with handheld that will play all the current games and allow an external Dock that support EGPU's / SSD enclosure and turn it into a home console. They don't need two different systems just one that can function as both.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

pasterpl

The whole EMEA territory is PlayStation and Nintendo, MS was never able to gain significant market share there, maybe excluding the UK (historically) so no really surprised with the decision - Maybe that it came so late.

Top Bottom