• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minor prob with my Xbox

Lakitu

st5fu
Oddly, every time I put on my Xbox and start a game, it asks me to set the time and I always do, but it keeps on doing the same thing. It's very frustrating, what's wrong with it?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Sounds like it's losing power during the times that it is off. Or maybe the CMOS battery inside your X-Box has crapped out, although I've honestly never heard of that happening. Are you flipping off a power strip that it's connected to after turning it off? Do you have alot of power fluctuations where you live?

Lakitu

st5fu
Well it's connected to a huge adaptor (which contains alot of plugs) but that's about it really, haven't had this kind of trouble before, it's just very strange. The adaptor has always been fine and everything has been running smoothly but then I'm not an electrical genius, thanks for the reply btw!

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Lakitu said:
Well it's connected to a huge adaptor (which contains alot of plugs) but that's about it really, haven't had this kind of trouble before, it's just very strange. The adaptor has always been fine and everything has been running smoothly but then I'm not an electrical genius, thanks for the reply btw!

I'm certainly no electrical engineer, but you may want to try plugging the X-Box into its own seperate outlet for a few days to see if the problem persists. Really just sounds like it's losing power at certain times, which would definately explain its prompting you to enter the date.

Top Bottom