• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minsc sucks. Die Minsc Die.

I let him die. I mean usually when a character dies I reload and try again, but this time I just let him go. I left his crap on the floor, then lugged his corpse around for 3 more days before leaving it on the floor of a shitty inn.

Fuck you minsc. I have better characters than you and I hate the way you talk.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Korgan has always been the most underrated character in BG2. Racist dwarf drunkards that carry big axes make for teh funny. Playing a goody goody paladin type made for some hilarious conversational hijinx. Can't even remember if I kept Minsc in my perma party, possibly until Viconia appeared...

Korgan rules, he's a much better tank than minsc imo. I just need to watch my Vs Evil spells around him and he's fine. Awesome tank, compliments my assassin well. Aerie is having trouble hanging around my crew tho.

Viconia is well, hot evil. Korgan is a bastard, Nalia is a fucking ignorant person who sticks around cause she's dumb. Im definitely not on the good side, but I need more than one solid spell caster so I can quickly overwhelm with overkill.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea Korgan pretty much dominated when I played. The ultimate tank powerhouse really, most every combat encounter involved my paladin/mages debuffing/crippling, and then just letting Korgan inflict death with dual magic axes. Half the time I didn't even bother ordering the rest of my party, Korgan is just THE MAN. BG2 has a LOT of crazy quests that reward you with uberaxes if you take the time to explore, it was surprising how often I recall refitting him with even cooler loot.

This reminds me that I still need to polish off Throne of Bhaal someday. Oh and play Planescape...

yeah his skill with an axe is fucking insane. When I got a skillpoint for weapons I put it into hammers even tho ill never have him use a hammer. CAUSE HES GOT AXES!

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Viconia, which is who i had choosen for my love story, was my favorite. I always had Korgan in my party, little cocky bastard.

It was me (monk), Korgan, Minsc, Edwin and Viconia. Sometimes switching minsc with the druid, whatever his name was. I never really used minsc for close combat except for some rare occasions where i had to get korgan out for some healing against a dragon or whatever, long range combat for minsc is his specialty give him the unlimited arrow bow.

I made it to the throne of baal expansion, but i lost interest, i was getting sick of the combat and managing all my characters, and i didnt see much more i could get out of my monk that was worthwhile :\

snaildog

I only played for about four hours and I can say that Minsc drove me nuts. I've heard that BG2 is one of the best and intelligent games ever, and I don't dispute that, but why give us this juvenile humour right from the start of the game? I'm sure I'm not the only one that was put off.

And to the hoard of people about to tell me to give the game a try anyway don't bother - I will eventually, got other games to play first, we cool?

Top Bottom