• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mitchell Report Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Forgotten Ancient said:
*throws bottle of flaxseed away*

We must stand tall and stick together.

Don't forget your clear and cream. Amazing someone's entire career could be ruined just because he wanted smooth skin and was overly trusting of devious locker-room leeches. BS.

AirBrian

dskillzhtown said:
With Sosa I guess there wasn't enough evidence or they didn't bust his supplier. Seems that most of the information came from suppliers who got busted. Just because someone's name is not in this report, they shouldn't be thought of as clean. Some of these players were straight idiots, writing personal checks for this stuff? Come on.

I think that the names listed is more about showing how widespread the problem was and how management knew exactly what was going on. But the sexy story is the players, so they will get most of the attention.
Agreed. I think a lot people wanted to think that this was only a small problem confined to a handfull of players and not a widespread problem ranging from big-named stars to no-named scrubs.

EDIT: :lol Branduil. His eyes in that pic are classic.

Juan Gonzalez is referred in the section about a duffel bag full of steroids and needles that was part of the Indians luggage. Supposedly, the duffel bag was Juan's.

There are tons of incidents sighted everywhere in this report. Can we add the players that admitted use?

Big-E said:
Palmeiro's name is there. I thought he wasn't on it?

This is where Palmeiro was mentioned:

Bigbie also told us that he had conversations with Palmeiro while they were both playing with the Orioles in which Palmeiro asked him about his source of steroids and humangrowth hormone (the source was Kirk Radomski) and how the substances made him feel. Bigbie said that Palmeiro denied in those conversations that he had ever used performance enhancing
substances himself.

So, his name was brought up by Bigbie, but he was never linked to actual usage.

Juan Gonzalez is also mentioned earlier in the report. Before the Met's clubhouse guys part starts. The evidence was more speculative, so I don't think it's being included in these lists.

MIMIC

Banned
Bunch of liars and cheats. I say treat each and every one of these clowns like Barry Bonds, whose head was wanted on a platter.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No Boone??

Big Mac and Andy seem to have been left off as well... hmmm

Sylar

Banned
I was surprised to see no Hideo Nomo or Aubrey Huff in that list.

But that just prooves that the Devil Rays are the cleanest team in baseball history! :D

Blackace

Sylar said:
I was surprised to see no Hideo Nomo or Aubrey Huff in that list.

But that just prooves that the Devil Rays are the cleanest team in baseball history! :D

Huff I can believe... but Nomo?

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Jesus Christ, one would think they would be smart enough not to friggin buy the roids with personal cheques. Gagne is the stupidest, who the fuck gets Roids delivered to a stadium.

Blackace

R_GILL said:
Jesus Christ, one would think they would be smart enough not to friggin buy the roids with personal cheques. Gagne is the stupidest, who the fuck gets Roids delivered to a stadium.

it is so classic isn't it? Fed Ex'd for a clearer paper trail!

Sylar

Banned
Blackace said:
Huff I can believe... but Nomo?
Nomo pitched way longer then he should've, and he played for the Ray's at the end of his carear. He had to be doing something.

Plus how do you have Jose Conseco as your teammate and not do a lil somethin'?

kbear

dskillzhtown said:
Clemens looks terrible in this report. All that BS he was talking about not using.

If people are going to blast Bonds, they better blast Roger as well.
Agreed. I hope I'm not being too controversial with this statement but it'll be interesting to see if Clemens, a white guy, gets the same level of media scrutiny that Bonds has gotten for so long. Stature-wise, both are equal. Greatest hitter / greatest pitcher.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Posted from the MLB thread:

LOL at SI.com's new photo gallery:

segui.jpg

tejada.jpg

vaughn.jpg

vina.jpg

white.jpg

grimsley.jpg

lansing.jpg

loduca.jpg

neagle.jpg

Eric.Gagne.jpg

bastionwords said:
Juan Gonzalez is referred in the section about a duffel bag full of steroids and needles that was part of the Indians luggage. Supposedly, the duffel bag was Juan's.

There are tons of incidents sighted everywhere in this report. Can we add the players that admitted use?

I've noticed while reading through certain parts that a few players are listed that do not have their own heading. I think a more complete list will be coming out after people have a chance to read the entire thing.

Rondell White, for instance, is listed as referring a player to Radomski or whatever his name is.

EDIT - oh wait, rondell white does have his own heading. ha.

the strange thing to me is that Jose Canseco and Clemens seem to have a link together because of steroids yet IIRC Jose didn't name Roger in his book? Perhaps he kept quiet trying to protect Roidger?

Triumph

Banned
BelligerentOC said:
Yeah, surprised no Andruw Jones though
Andruw's problems have always been a lack of focus, discipline and conditioning. He probably would have been better HAD he been juicing.

Also, I'd said a couple times that I was expecting this report to be littered with latino player's names and I think I've figured out why it wasn't- Mitchell doesn't have the ability or authority to go to their home countries where they spend their offseasons and look for anything.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Stoney Mason said:
My favorite bit is that we get to attack more players instead of just barry bonds. That was getting a bit hypocritical.

Yeah F' that just Barry crap. ROGER CLEMONS IS ON DECK BABY!!!

Let's start a **** ROGER campaign.

The report is pretty much based on the declarations of a few trainers.

They have yet to even reach 50% of the evidence out there. Canseco was probably right with his "60%" number.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sirpopopop said:
The report is pretty much based on the declarations of a few trainers.

They have yet to even reach 50% of the evidence out there. Canseco was probably right with his "60%" number.

60% yeah right. That's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many. Maybe 10%.

mckmas8808 said:
60% yeah right. That's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many. Maybe 10%.

Talk about lowballing. I'd be hard pressed to argue against Canseco especially when there were only a few informants that were used to perform the investigation and they still came up with almost 80 names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom