• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 09: The Show - Official Thread

NameIess

I can't remember the last baseball title I bought, but this game is day one purchase.
The demo was amazing the game is starting too approach photo realism at a glance...

Install is 2588 MB

Two total people are online.

New Yankee Stadium looks gorgeous.

CC Sabathia is a Beast

And New York boos the shit out of Manny Ramirez when he comes to the plate. :lol

:Unpauses in the 2nd inning:

More soon...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
GooseNeckn said:
goddamn I love the Braves....

<3 you Windu
2009 World Series Champs!......maybe....ok big maybe. But I can dream can't I? 2010 though, that should be interesting. btw, they play on ESPN at 1 est tomorrow. Hanson is pitching. :D

Windu said:
2009 World Series Champs!......maybe....ok big maybe. But I can dream can't I? 2010 though, that should be interesting. btw, they play on ESPN at 1 est tomorrow. Hanson is pitching. :D

I just hope they stay healthy this season.

Windu

storybook77 said:
I just hope they stay healthy this season.
heh yeah, 08 was horrible. Waaaayyyy too many injuries to the pitching staff. They should do better this year. Lowe and Vazquez are big time inning eaters.

Windu said:
heh yeah, 08 was horrible. Waaaayyyy too many injuries to the pitching staff. They should do better this year. Lowe and Vazquez are big time inning eaters.

Hopefully we at least stay in the race and get Hudson back sometime in the second half of the season.

I can't wait until Tuesday! :D

Windu

storybook77 said:
Hopefully we at least stay in the race and get Hudson back sometime in the second half of the season.
Yeah, with Hudson in that rotation, and maybe Hanson.. I'd say that would be one of the best in baseball. Someone is either goint to be traded at the deadline or the offseason since we have alot of pitchers. 2010 though should be great. Hudson-Lowe-Jurrjens-Hanson-Vazquez-Kawakami, then maybe Heyward toward the end of the year. Not to mention Rohrbough who should be our "Hanson" of 2010. Future looks bright (heh we have the 7th pick this year too. we got heyward with #14, i wonder what we can get with 7.) ok enough rambling.

Shawnwhann said:
Install is 2588 MB

Two total people are online.

New Yankee Stadium looks gorgeous.

CC Sabathia is a Beast

And New York boos the shit out of Manny Ramirez when he comes to the plate. :lol

:Unpauses in the 2nd inning:

More soon...

Oh shit!! Can't wait. I wonder if they put in things preemptively. Like the boos I expect AJ Burnett to get when he comes to Toronto.

cybropm

Also the intro is different almost every time. They have an intro dedicated to each position in baseball and they go through the greats of that position in the history of baseball. Such a great intro idea!

_Angelus_

Banned
How did you get the game so early?
Hey did they properly model Citifield at all,or did they just wing it with some guessing on there part? I'm asking because someone on here about a week ago said that Sony weren't given the proper stadium layouts for both stadiums when the game was being made?
Sounds sorta suspect. Can you clear that up?

I usually always pick up baseball games about a month into the season. Do street dates for sports games get broken easier or about the same?

HoTHiTTeR

Couldn't close the deal @ fry's tonight...

mlb09.jpg

Windu

Angelus said:
Hey did they properly model Citifield at all,or did they just wing it with some guessing on there part? I'm asking because someone on here about a week ago said that Sony weren't given the proper stadium layouts for both stadiums when the game was being made?
There is a video in the OP of Citi Field. Everything looks pretty good execpt for the fact that the walls are blue instead of green. I read on the OS forums that SCEA tried to go take pictures of the stadium but they wouldn't let them inside. So they just had to go off of what they had seen and knew.

Angelus said:
How did you get the game so early?

I usually always pick up baseball games about a month into the season. Do street dates for sports games get broken easier or about the same?

Sports games aren't always big name titles (except Madden) so I find that some retailers don't know about the street date. Even though it is usually marked on the box as such. Also, if you know where to look, you can usually find anything before release.

HoTHiTTeR said:
Couldn't close the deal @ fry's tonight...

mlb09.jpg

Dude, you grab and run!!! As you head towards the exit you reach into your pocket.. pull out $60 bucks throw it behind and and yell sorry. But you leave that store with a copy!!!

Windu

eznark said:
Oh shit, i totally overlooked this. Braun is God!!!!
indeed. hmmm the braves will need a good lf in my game.. I think a swap of Gregor Blanco for Braun is a good deal. Muhahhahahaha.

shpankey

not an idiot
bigGIRLSblouse said:
Dude, you grab and run!!! As you head towards the exit you reach into your pocket.. pull out $60 bucks throw it behind and and yell sorry. But you leave that store with a copy!!!
Don't forget to knock a magazine rack over as you go. Good distraction technique.

Nightz said:
Gonna try to score a copy of this when I pick up Killzone 2 today.

Be sure to put on Axe body spray and look for a female clerk... Based on the commercial I saw last night you will leave the store with The Show and also a copy of God of War 3. That stuff looks like it works!

Nightz

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Be sure to put on Axe body spray and look for a female clerk... Based on the commercial I saw last night you will leave the store with The Show and also a copy of God of War 3. That stuff looks like it works!
Man, forgot the Axe. Plus, there was only one dude at the register. :\

Walked out with a copy of Killzone 2 and Halo Wars though.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
There were ads all day during the Braves/Astros spring training game on ESPN. Hilarious. Mocking Dustin Pedr...Predr...that guy who plays on the Red Sox. I wish more videogame commercials were clever like this.

Windu

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I am from a country that know only football ( soccer in USA )
I don't know all baseball rules
I don't like Baseball on TV
I don't support any Baseball Teams
I hate all other Baseball games with a passion
I fucking love The Show Series , don't know why
I fucking Love The Show 09 Demo
I can't stop playing the Demo
I ordered the game from Amazon
I have friends I know they will laugh at me because I bought a Baseball game
I don't care, fuck them all
I love this game
I need to know why is this game is so good
I still don't know all the baseball rules

EktorPR

Totobeni said:
I am from a country that knows only basketball and boxing
I love this game

This post right here has prompted me to download the full 2GB demo despite relating to your first statements (fixed the first one for higher accuracy) . Thanks, Totobeni.

Windu

More images from a OS forum poster.

Click For Bigger Image:

And he says the Videos are recorded at 640 X 388. I was kinda hoping for better, oh well. Good enough.

Totobeni said:
I am from a country that know only football ( soccer in USA )
I love this game

Heh, this sounds a lot like my early ISS/Winning Eleven days. A filthy American who didn't really like watching the sport but couldn't get enough of the damn sim. If you wind up tracking like I did you'll eventually be into the 'real thing' too, just watch. ;)

JB1981

Played the demo again tonight. This may very well be the most polished sports game I've ever played in my life. Absolutely unreal. Wish Sony published quality sports title like this across the board - I'd kill to get an NCAA basketball game with this level of polish.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Windu said:
more images from lucky bastards that have the game:

Click For Bigger Image:

Unfucking real. I get this same night as Halo Wars and all other games are going to just sit till like June.

Saiyu

MEHHHHH the Pound exchange rate is damn terrible now but that won't stop me getting this day 1....or should I say day 3 when it finally arrives.

Windu

mCACGj said:
God damn I want to trade my 360 for a PS3 for this game.
I went out and bought a PS3 just for this game. I think it was worth it...... Just fucking expensive. I kinda wish this was on Xbox so I would be $400 richer. Still the only game I have for the system.

Top Bottom