• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Fox318

o9lIkHl.jpg

eznark

Banned
Is it possible for a pitcher to somehow bean Kirk Gibson in the dugout?

I would punch him when lineup cards are exchanged. The manager/coach that does that will be hailed as a national hero. It'd be like punching Hitler.

rekameohs

Banned
Actually I think the org died when they fired Bob Melvin. Potentially the stupidest decision of the decade.
I agree that that firing was horrible, but the root of that problem seemed to be Josh Byrnes (who iirc was a Kendrick guy), who was a shitty GM for a variety of other reasons than Towers is, so they replaced Melvin with an awful "yes man" in AJ Hinch.

see5harp

I put kim chee on my dogs sometimes instead of kraut. In those cases instead of mustard I use siracha with mayo.

Booties

Banned
Phillies are getting the last NL wildcard spot. World series bound. Can't stop us, it's already basically fact.

Apparently there are some in the Cardinals clubhouse who are mad about Taveras being "anointed" as the everyday RF and don't think he plays the game "the right way."

This organization is so frustrating

BFIB

Apparently there are some in the Cardinals clubhouse who are mad about Taveras being "anointed" as the everyday RF and don't think he plays the game "the right way."

This organization is so frustrating

Allen Craig had 5 RBI's from June 25th until his trade. Oscar Taveras has 5 RBI in his last 3 games. Think I'll go with the guy that shows a little swagger.

thefro

Bryant won't come up til next June barring an insane amount of injuries. Its a contract thing thanks to Boras.

Bryant still has good numbers for his AAA stint but he's been in the middle of a relatively colder streak right now. He also needs some more time to work on his 3B D. He'd probably be fine but I can understand giving him some more AAA at-bats.

Baez has been on a nuclear hot streak for the past month or so once he adjusted to AAA.

jakncoke

Banned
Funny we cut a left hand pitcher Angel Sanchez to make room for right handed pitcher Angel Sanchez

Your team leads the league in hitting hitters.

We discussed this last week or the week before, Its because Charlie Morton is completely wild with his curve thus him hitting 18 vs 2nd/3rd/4th being tied with 9(last time I looked) also the Reds series early when we were plunking 4 people a game between the 2 teams.

Funny we cut a left hand pitcher Angel Sanchez to make room for right handed pitcher Angel Sanchez

We discussed this last week or the week before, Its because Charlie Morton is completely wild with his curve thus him hitting 18 vs 2nd/3rd/4th being tied with 9(last time I looked) also the Reds series early when we were plunking 4 people a game between the 2 teams.
I thought lefties were smarter

Top Bottom