• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

jakncoke

Banned

7lQ7ot9.gif

harSon

Banned
Nah Amaro probably wanted Bell/Hanson and McGuire in return for Byrd.

True haha

If either Polanco or Marte step up, we'll be able to stay afloat. If not, we're 100% fucked. Doesn't look like Alvarez is going to get the chance to heat up either, since Harrison is likely going to start in his place.

I'd kind of rather throw Harrison in the OF, and take our chances with Alvarez at 3B. But those errors are killer.

are you ready for the carlos frias era, harry?

BuOtY0yCQAALHbn.jpg

chris perez got placed on the phantom DL
I am ready! A new face in that bullpen. We'll see how it goes!

We've gone through 3 different eras this year alone: the Jamie Romak era, the Clint Robinson era, and now we've arrived to the Carlos Frias era.

jbug617

Banned
Henry Owens had a good AAA debut.

He pitched 6 2/3 IP and gave up no runs. He had 9K and 3BB while giving up 2 hits.

Allen Craig already on the DL. Cards fans wanna chime on what his deal is?

Sounds like it's the same foot he injured last year when he was rounding first base, which was a Lisfranc injury.

It probably didn't help that his offseason was shortened by playing in the World Series when he probably wasn't ready to play. This also probably contributed to some bad habits which resulted in his dismal performance at the plate this year.

He's been pretty fragile in the past, think his two full seasons he was out at least a month in each.

JDeluis

Dodgers offense always gives up whenever they are down. Grienke is doing better, but all the Dodgers hitters just give up.

Goddamn Hanley. Please bring in Rojas already.

SaskBoy

Going to my first Jays game in Toronto tomorrow. What time should I get to the stadium to partake in all the pre-game activities? BP and all that.

Macattk15

Man. I hate when teams come to Seattle on losing streaks ... they always seem to break them here.

Least Atlanta gets Felix tomorrow ...

cashman

Banned
Going to my first Jays game in Toronto tomorrow. What time should I get to the stadium to partake in all the pre-game activities? BP and all that.

BP for the home team will usually start pretty early, maybe 3ish hours before the game starts. Don't know if they open the park that early in Toronto, but they don't for the Rangers. You should be able to see the visiting team hit about an hour later though.

Tanaka felt good after a 50 pitch game of catch and felt no pain. That is encouraging.

forget brah, it's over.

so I went to the Cyclones game today (don't worry council I'm going to the SI Yankees game too) now that was a fun experience. anyone else go to minor league ballgames? wish we had AA or AAA teams that are closer nearby.

Top Bottom